forum

Pre-loaded skin

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
HOLYWINNER
Lately I've realized that the more skins I have the longer it takes to load them all when I want to switch from one to another in the option and when I'm on my old computer it's really bothering me because it can take up to 2 minutes to load them all since I have more then 1GB of them. When you switch more then 2-3 times a day it becomes really bothersome.

Since I usually switch between at max 5 skins at a times, I'd like to have a sort of "favorite skin" option, it could be right bellow the skin option where only the favorite skin would be loaded which would make the loading time much shorter. I hope I understood the loading system when you press on the skin option and if not could anyone explain me? Thanks.
TheVileOne
Great idea! Please add this! I want faster skin selection loading times.
Rio-
Nice Idea! useful for skinners like me....
Support~
OsuMe65
I bet this one is only helpful for users with tons of skins...
esp. Skinners and DL whores
XinCrin
Awesome :) Supporting this!!
Topic Starter
HOLYWINNER

OsuMe65 wrote:

I bet this one is only helpful for users with tons of skins...
esp. Skinners and DL whores
Even if you don't take into account the amount of time it takes to load, when you have more then 10-20 skins and you only use 2 or 3 it's still a bother to search for them every time you want to switch and you can't really delete the skin you don't use atm because you might want to use them later.
CsavarNat16
Support this! :D
Esqueletinho
That's a good ideia. +1
buny
why not just move all your skins out and leave the favourite skins inside your folder?

i don't see the point of this if you're just going to be using a selective amount of skins.
TheVileOne

TheVileOne wrote:

I want faster skin selection loading times.
I might as well delete my other skins if I have to remove them from the folder.
buny

TheVileOne wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

I want faster skin selection loading times.
I might as well delete my other skins if I have to remove them from the folder.
i guess we're in some sort of dilemma right now then, because how i see it you won't be able to load faster unless you delete skins to put less strain in loading other skins, or get a better computer.
TheVileOne
If it doesn't then don't autoload skins. I would like to choose whatever skin I want without previewing it.
buny

TheVileOne wrote:

If it doesn't then don't autoload skins. I would like to choose whatever skin I want without previewing it.
this is something that i'd be looking for
sometimes i'd click a skin instead of the next/previous button and it'd preview a skin i don't even want to see, so having a separate button for "preview" would be very nice
also remove the initial preview of the current skin would lessen the lag from opening skin selection. I don't even know why people would even want to preview a skin that they already had on.

also throwing this out there, i would support a "favourite skin" option if the list of your favourite skins were in the song selection screen, like a quick-skin selection but that is an entirely different suggestion.
TouchFluffyTail

buny wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

this is something that i'd be looking for
sometimes i'd click a skin instead of the next/previous button and it'd preview a skin i don't even want to see, so having a separate button for "preview" would be very nice
also remove the initial preview of the current skin would lessen the lag from opening skin selection. I don't even know why people would even want to preview a skin that they already had on.

also throwing this out there, i would support a "favourite skin" option if the list of your favourite skins were in the song selection screen, like a quick-skin selection but that is an entirely different suggestion.
The skin selection screen just needs a total redesign.

We also need to be able to set specific skins per mode, sorta like we can with Taiko now, but with an actual UI to select them rather than just using a generic folder name like Taiko.
buny

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

The skin selection screen just needs a total redesign.
i couldn't agree with you any more
it seems like skin selection is the only thing that hasn't actually been updated in...forever

I'm sure a complete revamp of skin selection would be able to fulfil the op request and a lot of future requests related to skin selection too