forum

Does playing Osu improve sketching skills in art?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GasTheJuice
I mean, I imagine it would.

Playing Osu requires judging distances and angles with precision, which you then respond with by precise, hand movements with the exact amount of force.
In drawing, it's the same. When you attempt to draw from a photograph, or even in real life, you create invisible guidelines and you have to be able to judge these distances and angles quite accurately and transfer them onto paper with the same, precise and accurate hand movements that correspond to the distance and angle.

I'm just wondering.
boat
If you didn't use your tablet for illustrative work before, maybe a tiny bit, but generally it only applies the other way around.
daredakke
I would assume you'd become more used to holding the stylus, but I'm skeptical you'd improve other abilities like sketching.

Would be nice to kill two birds with one stone.
Apex_old
untitled
Weed
I've been playing with tablet for awhile now, and I still can't correctly make a stick figure. So I'd have to say no, from personal experience.
Dexus
I will say that it helps you become comfortable with the tablet and the way it moves (disconnecting what you're doing and what you're looking at), but if you can't draw traditional media in the first place it's not going to do anything.
tokaku
Helped me draw perfect circles lol