forum

Skinning: Secondary hitcircle colours

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
mm201

Notice how the outlines of the circle/number are red here? It would be nice to be able to achieve this effect in osu!

You would have a hitcircleaccent.png, or something along those lines, and also for numbers, and its colour would be multiplied by a new secondary hitcircle colour for the current object.

I could see the reason why we don't already have this having to do with it eating up more polygons, but I know you can figure out a way around. :)

Inb4 osu is not Ouendan: This is a skinning feature which skinners could find uses for beyond authenticity. It would be nice to have for its own sake.
Derekku
I'm always a fan of new skinning options. :)
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
mm201

strager wrote:

So basically have another layer for hit circle numbering which is coloured like the hit circle itself?

Gogogo.
Sort of. More of a "each circle has two controllable colours to it" type thing.

What you ask for could be worth it as well, but that's another request.
Kitsunemimi
...how would you control the colours?
Topic Starter
mm201
In the dialog.

Or skin.ini
LuigiHann
As aesthetically pleasing as it would be to associate yellow and red together, this could get very complicated in practice.

It would be nice to be able to specify the central color of the gradient used on sliders for each custom color, and from there, it wouldn't be too hard to request an overlay for the hitcircle that would be blended to that color... so I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. But it seems like a stretch.
kabutox_old
-links removed-
MillhioreF
I... what? Huh? Please don't bump really old threads just to click a crapton of tags and totally break the forum.
jemhuntr
i don't get the request but... it seems cool.
yeah right. bumping old thread will totally make the forum explode~
MillhioreF
It wasn't just a bump, kabutox spammed a bunch of tags like [google] and [lucky] and whatnot. It looked really glitchy and bad. (But apparently Derekku edited it out, so it's okay now. Also, why do we have the lucky tag anyway?)
jemhuntr
heck. oh what are those tags anyway?? >.<
Oinari-sama
Spam bot attack? They get a lot of those on another forum I frequent.
Derekku

MillhioreF wrote:

Also, why do we have the lucky tag anyway?)
Probably a phpbb default that was never removed lol

Speaking of "lucky", this was my 7000th post
jemhuntr
well anyway, going back to the topic, can someone explain what this feature request really is? I don't really get it.
TheVileOne
The request is basically choosing two different colors for hitcircles instead of one. It would be unnecessary IMO. I don't agree with changing how the default osu skin shows hitcircles. Two colors just wouldn't fit the default approach, so this would be better obtained through skinning the colors manually. There doesn't need to be a separate skinning element just for hitcircles.