forum

Marianas Trench - Celebrity Status

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0_o
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on October 19, 2021 at 9:10:22 AM

Artist: Marianas Trench
Title: Celebrity Status
Tags: rock pop punk english masterpiece theatre
BPM: 164
Filesize: 4802kb
Play Time: 03:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.72 stars, 221 notes)
  2. Hard (3.07 stars, 393 notes)
  3. Insane (4.22 stars, 510 notes)
  4. Normal (2.48 stars, 344 notes)
Download: Marianas Trench - Celebrity Status
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
2011 called, they want their map back.

..is what I entered for the description in 2013 when I submitted this. Hard was mapped in 2021.

ALSO I literally had no idea that Krisom mapped this before I did, so that's pretty wild: users/99269
NaxelCL
0_o
Topic Starter
0_o
yeah
Saoji
o_O

[Genral]
  1. You'll have to reduce the quality of your mp3... You can do it with audacity, it won't really change the quality of the audio, and if you do it correctly, it won't change your offset neither. Honestly, I forgot how to do it... And if it's the first time you do it, you'll have to download something else... Well at the end it wasn't complicated xD.
  2. Try to arrange your blankets, sometimes... I understand it's 2011 style, but it means your map can be sexy too xD (it's basically ok though, but I think it's still important to notice it).

[Easy]
  1. 02:41:909 (1) - Object's end isn't snapped.
  2. 00:12:276 (1) - I don't really get the new combo?
  3. 01:02:398 (1) - Useless NC
  4. 01:44:654 (4) - Sound more catchy if you put the slider on the white tick just before and reducide this one by one tick (1/2).
  5. 01:56:361 (4) - ^
  6. 02:46:117 (4) - ^
  7. 02:57:825 (4) - ^
  8. 02:25:813 (1) - remove NC

[Normal]
  1. Object's end is not snapped! 01:35:689
  2. Object's end is not snapped! 01:40:811
  3. 00:11:910 (1) - remove NC ><
  4. 00:15:569 (2) - Try to arrange the blanket... that was obivous
  5. 01:22:520 (1,2,1,2) - there's not enough patterns like this now, I miss them :( thanks lol
That's a hard one by the way.

[Hard]
It's ok to spice up your map with triples, especially at the end. You even stacked a few times 3 notes 1/2 on the normal diff at the end as if it was a triple, so now it's hard diff, you should go for it!
  1. 00:11:910 (1) - Remove nc
  2. 00:48:495 (6) - ctrl+j for better flow
  3. 01:26:544 (3) - ctrl+j

Not much, but still something.
It's a funny mapset, the kind we don't see everyday nowadays ahaha.
Good luck.
Topic Starter
0_o

Yales wrote:

o_O

[Genral]
  1. You'll have to reduce the quality of your mp3... You can do it with audacity, it won't really change the quality of the audio, and if you do it correctly, it won't change your offset neither. Honestly, I forgot how to do it... And if it's the first time you do it, you'll have to download something else... Well at the end it wasn't complicated xD. Ah right, I knew I had to do that, but I kept putting it off since I didn't think I'd actually finish the map anyway :P Done
  2. Try to arrange your blankets, sometimes... I understand it's 2011 style, but it means your map can be sexy too xD (it's basically ok though, but I think it's still important to notice it). I don't really think about blankets in general, really. If there's a point where I'm obviously going for symmetry and it's slightly off then I'll fix it, but for the most part, any non-blankets are intentional. I'd be happy to address any specific examples though.

[Easy]
  1. 02:41:909 (1) - Object's end isn't snapped. Fixed
  2. 00:12:276 (1) - I don't really get the new combo? The first beat is the guitar, next beat is the vocals. I like it :P
  3. 01:02:398 (1) - Useless NC ^
  4. 01:44:654 (4) - Sound more catchy if you put the slider on the white tick just before and reducide this one by one tick (1/2). Yeah I do like the sound of the actually, done for all of them.
  5. 01:56:361 (4) - ^
  6. 02:46:117 (4) - ^
  7. 02:57:825 (4) - ^
  8. 02:25:813 (1) - remove NC ^

[Normal]
  1. Object's end is not snapped! 01:35:689 Fixed
  2. Object's end is not snapped! 01:40:811 Fixed
  3. 00:11:910 (1) - remove NC >< ^
  4. 00:15:569 (2) - Try to arrange the blanket... that was obivous Again, wasn't going for the blanket here, and I like the way it plays.
  5. 01:22:520 (1,2,1,2) - there's not enough patterns like this now, I miss them :( thanks lol Not the kind of pattern I would have expected a comment on, but oook :) That's what happens when you're out of touch with osu! for 2-3 years...
That's a hard one by the way. I always feel like my normals are too easy, so I'm kinda glad to hear that actually :P I'd be willing to tone it down a bit if it's too hard though.

[Hard]
It's ok to spice up your map with triples, especially at the end. You even stacked a few times 3 notes 1/2 on the normal diff at the end as if it was a triple, so now it's hard diff, you should go for it! I get what you're saying, but I'd rather not just throw in triples for the sake of it. The song itself is very "smooth" I guess with very continuous eighth notes so I like to reflect that in the mapping.
  1. 00:11:910 (1) - Remove nc ^
  2. 00:48:495 (6) - ctrl+j for better flow I like how it plays now personally, but I'll see if anyone else brings it up.
  3. 01:26:544 (3) - ctrl+j I always did find this part a little awkward; changed this section up a bit.

Not much, but still something.
It's a funny mapset, the kind we don't see everyday nowadays ahaha.
Good luck. Thanks! ^_^
riffy
Not-so-random mod

[General]
  1. Try to get a 1366x768 or 1024x768 BG since these are the recommended sizes for the BGs!
  2. Please, disable the Widescreen support since it's for widesreen storyboards only. Also, you don't really need those letterboxes since they don't look good with your BG.
  3. Consider picking more suitable colours? The current ones don't really fit with the BG and look way too bright. :(
  4. Add some more tags, there should be something, come on, such an awesome map needs some tags, so we will be able to find it faster!
  5. Consider adding a long break to the diffs. Playing such a long song will exhaust players. At least do it for the easier diffs, beginner players need some mercy! :)
[Easy]
  1. Your rhythm is not so intense and HP Drain 2 would feel better here. Also, OD should be reduced, too! Patterns like 00:21:422 (1,2,3) - are fitting, but a bit too hard for the beginners. Lowering OD would help them to pass it.
  2. 00:11:910 (1,1) - beginners may mistakenly hit the wrog circle. Consider removing NC from 00:12:276 (1) - to make the diff a bit more understandable for the beginners and to avoid overusing new combos!
  3. 00:57:276 (3,4) - minor - I see your attempt to make the slider kinda symmetrical, but it'd be better if you use it as a blanket-slider. Looks cute, don't you think so?
  4. 01:30:935 (4) - minor - please, Ctrl+H this slider. The tail is too close to the previous object, so beginners may mistakenly hit it. The easiest diff is supposed to be intuitively understandable even for the first-time player!
  5. 01:52:154 (2) - minor - curving this slider in the opposite direction. this way can make it a bit prettier and also gives you smoother trasition between the objects. try it in action!
  6. 01:57:276 - drag the beginning of the break here, it will match with the song perfectly!
  7. 02:32:947 (1,2,3,1) - try using Ctrl+H on this pattern. It will help you to avoid the unpleasant and untidy overlap 02:31:666 (4,2). But please, do not forget to fix the spacing between 02:34:593 (1,1) - if you agree with me!

Great diff! It's a great pleasure for me to mod this kind of maps, I really enjoyed testing and modding it!
[Normal]
  1. 00:25:813 (5,6) - you could spend a few minutes to fix your blanket-sliders in the whole diff. It'd significantly improve its appearance, so I think it is a good idea to do so.
  2. 00:56:178 - have you missed a circle here? The 3/2 gap does not sound really good and feels rather confusing to play. Adding a circl here would sound cool with the music and make your rhythm more consistent.
  3. 01:09:898 - and once again, add a circle here. This time I want you to do it, so the vocals here won't be ignored. Seems like you're focusing on the vocals, so a circle here will fit perfectly!
    Note: 01:43:008 - same here. Seems like you're doing it on purpose. Well, how about a compromise? Replace 01:42:642 (3) and 00:55:813 (3) - with an 1/1 slider which will fit with the vocals and give you more consistent rhythm. :) / Obviously, you should do the same for all the similar patterns if you agree.
  4. 02:03:130 (1,2,3) - vocals are pretty repetitive there, replacing 02:03:861 (2,3) - with an 1/1 slider would give you a bit more understandable rhythm.
  5. 02:49:228 (6,3) - minor - the ovrlap looks a bit messy and out of your style. Try to avoid it if it's possible. Your map in general looks really neat, so this overlap bugs me quite a lot.

Good job! Neat patterns, awesome rhythm and interesting comboing!
[Hard]
  1. 01:16:849 (1,2,3) - the whole song feels very intense and uses 1/2 beats practically always. Players get used to it and this sudden triplet may bug them quite a lot. try to replace it with a 1/4 slider instead? That'd fit perfectly here, imo!
    Note: agree? Then why don't you do something similar to 02:34:593 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this stream? :)
  2. 02:42:459 (1) - this new combo feels a little bit extra and it makes your comboing look inconsistent. Consider removing it, please!

You could make the sliders a bit neater. You know, blankets could look better and that's the onl thing I didn't really like in this map. Everything else is really, really great!
Awsome mapset. Have your well-deserved star from me! ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Topic Starter
0_o

-Bakari- wrote:

Not-so-random mod

[General]
  1. Try to get a 1366x768 or 1024x768 BG since these are the recommended sizes for the BGs! Ok (see below)
  2. Please, disable the Widescreen support since it's for widesreen storyboards only. Also, you don't really need those letterboxes since they don't look good with your BG. Wasn't aware of those options, fixed
  3. Consider picking more suitable colours? The current ones don't really fit with the BG and look way too bright. :( I think I'll try and find a different background instead, I usually don't like white backgrounds but I liked the image so I just kept it in spite of myself :P
  4. Add some more tags, there should be something, come on, such an awesome map needs some tags, so we will be able to find it faster! Added the album name JUST FOR YOU
  5. Consider adding a long break to the diffs. Playing such a long song will exhaust players. At least do it for the easier diffs, beginner players need some mercy! :) Ehh, the song doesn't really lend itself to too many breaks, and while the breaks are short, there ARE two of them and they're at least long enough for you to adjust your mouse if needed.
[Easy]
  1. Your rhythm is not so intense and HP Drain 2 would feel better here. Also, OD should be reduced, too! Patterns like 00:21:422 (1,2,3) - are fitting, but a bit too hard for the beginners. Lowering OD would help them to pass it. Sure, I'll do that.
  2. 00:11:910 (1,1) - beginners may mistakenly hit the wrog circle. Consider removing NC from 00:12:276 (1) - to make the diff a bit more understandable for the beginners and to avoid overusing new combos! I don't think it would be an issue to new players; the green one appears first and it's dead centre, so I think it's fairly obvious the green combo comes first. And if they don't, well, it's at the very beginning of the map, so no harm done, right? :P
  3. 00:57:276 (3,4) - minor - I see your attempt to make the slider kinda symmetrical, but it'd be better if you use it as a blanket-slider. Looks cute, don't you think so? It's not bad that way, but I like how it is now.
  4. 01:30:935 (4) - minor - please, Ctrl+H this slider. The tail is too close to the previous object, so beginners may mistakenly hit it. The easiest diff is supposed to be intuitively understandable even for the first-time player! Personally I think you may be underestimating new players' sightreading ablities - I think they would rely heavily on the approach circles, and if they do that I really don't think they'd have a problem deciding which end to click.
  5. 01:52:154 (2) - minor - curving this slider in the opposite direction. this way can make it a bit prettier and also gives you smoother trasition between the objects. try it in action! Eh, sure, why not
  6. 01:57:276 - drag the beginning of the break here, it will match with the song perfectly! Ah, good idea.
  7. 02:32:947 (1,2,3,1) - try using Ctrl+H on this pattern. It will help you to avoid the unpleasant and untidy overlap 02:31:666 (4,2). But please, do not forget to fix the spacing between 02:34:593 (1,1) - if you agree with me! Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I ctrl-h'd the rest of the map to keep things simple :P

Great diff! It's a great pleasure for me to mod this kind of maps, I really enjoyed testing and modding it! Thanks, that's great to hear!
[Normal]
  1. 00:25:813 (5,6) - you could spend a few minutes to fix your blanket-sliders in the whole diff. It'd significantly improve its appearance, so I think it is a good idea to do so. I realize that it's probably because I've been out of the game for so long and the standards for "prettiness" have changed since my mapping days, but I honestly don't see the issue here. The previous modder said pretty much the same thing, but I'm really not exactly sure what you want me to change. I am pretty picky about my object placement though, so unless it's something like symmetry where I would obviously want things to line up, chances are most of the "imperfections" are intentional. I'd be happy to look at individual suggestions, but I probably won't do anything if it's just a blanket "fix your sliders" :P
  2. 00:56:178 - have you missed a circle here? The 3/2 gap does not sound really good and feels rather confusing to play. Adding a circl here would sound cool with the music and make your rhythm more consistent. I see what you're getting at, but I kind of like how it breaks up the "every white tick" routine and adds some syncopation to it. Also I'd probably have to overhaul most of the patterns to get them to work, and, not gonna lie, I just don't feel like doing that :P It was a good thought though; if someone else brings it up then I might consider it.
  3. 01:09:898 - and once again, add a circle here. This time I want you to do it, so the vocals here won't be ignored. Seems like you're focusing on the vocals, so a circle here will fit perfectly! Sure, sounds good.
    Note: 01:43:008 - same here. Seems like you're doing it on purpose. Well, how about a compromise? Replace 01:42:642 (3) and 00:55:813 (3) - with an 1/1 slider which will fit with the vocals and give you more consistent rhythm. :) / Obviously, you should do the same for all the similar patterns if you agree. See above
  4. 02:03:130 (1,2,3) - vocals are pretty repetitive there, replacing 02:03:861 (2,3) - with an 1/1 slider would give you a bit more understandable rhythm. Hmm, I don't really see what the problem is with this one.
  5. 02:49:228 (6,3) - minor - the ovrlap looks a bit messy and out of your style. Try to avoid it if it's possible. Your map in general looks really neat, so this overlap bugs me quite a lot. Yeah you're right, I think I just mapped myself into a corner at this point and went "screw it" :P Fixed that up.

Good job! Neat patterns, awesome rhythm and interesting comboing! Thanks!
[Hard]
  1. 01:16:849 (1,2,3) - the whole song feels very intense and uses 1/2 beats practically always. Players get used to it and this sudden triplet may bug them quite a lot. try to replace it with a 1/4 slider instead? That'd fit perfectly here, imo! I see what you mean, but I honestly don't like using 1/4 sliders like that very much, and I do like how it plays. We'll see what other people say.
    Note: agree? Then why don't you do something similar to 02:34:593 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this stream? :) I talked about this with someone else; while I agree that it may seem like a bit of a difficulty spike, it's probably one of the climaxes of the whole song and I just feel like a repeat slider would be too anticlimactic, and I honestly just don't see another way of mapping it without losing the intensity I think that part needs. Though again, if this is something a lot of people point out then I'll try to think of something.
  2. 02:42:459 (1) - this new combo feels a little bit extra and it makes your comboing look inconsistent. Consider removing it, please! I agree it looks weird, but it's actually very consistent with every other time this part is mapped in the chorus :P

You could make the sliders a bit neater. You know, blankets could look better and that's the onl thing I didn't really like in this map. Everything else is really, really great!
See my comment regarding slider blankets

Awsome mapset. Have your well-deserved star from me! ~ Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Thanks for the great feedback, I appreciate it!
HabiHolic
Hi there. i only Easy diff mod no kud

[Easy]

00:29:105 (4) - x: 336 y: 80, 00:27:276 (2) - This is a good idea and overlapping.
00:36:056 (1) - why use Normal sampleset? I think soft sound batter
00:36:788 (2) - ^ (same)
01:02:032 - If you want to follow the vocals to add a note here, too,
01:18:130 (3) - clap?
vipto
owo what's this

Welcome back
Bonsai
<3

0_o = Celebrity in our hearts
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.