forum

Do you lose pp for bad plays?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Saphirshroom

HK_ wrote:

Saphirshroom wrote:

You would be right if osu were a music player. It's a game though. I would think the difference is quite apparent.
But what if you use osu just to listen to the music?
Then you don't get a C in your grades for doing that, so you're fine.
Sayorie

TMiracle wrote:

noone plays osu for the music - everyone plays it because of pp.
Even those who deny, deep in their hearts - they care about pp.
I was right all along.
trebby
But seriously, there are some songs you can't normally find for download if it weren't on osu. It works in a weird place for copyright.
TMiracle
Or you can fand some really awesome stuff when searching maps.
I found Reol because of osu. <3
I Give Up

Arthraxium wrote:

TMiracle wrote:

noone plays osu for the music - everyone plays it because of pp.
Even those who deny, deep in their hearts - they care about pp.
I was right all along.
This is incorrect. Many people play for entertainment or to improve, FC unranked maps or old difficult maps that don't give pp coz low OD yet require more skill.
TMiracle

KukiMonster wrote:

This is incorrect. Many people play for entertainment or to improve, FC unranked maps or old difficult maps that don't give pp coz low OD yet require more skill.
to improve so they can gain more pp.
And they play unranked for training, so they can git gud and gid gud = more pp.
Yuudachi-kun
This is true for me
N0thingSpecial
Play osu for the music > urge to FC the song you like > listen to music & gain PP

of course there will always be that song that some mappers decide to not make easier difficulty for.
I Give Up

TMiracle wrote:

Improving =/= more pp.

riviclia - most unerranked mouse only player only plays for crazy clusterfuck scores. cptnXn - stopped caring about pp after he got top #10 only plays crazy hard no mods (in fact still has 200pp plays in his top scores, total opposite of farming). Omforz - embodiment of fuckyoupp. Me - don't care about 250pp DT plays anymore just want to practise no mod consistency even if I miss out free DT pp.
TMiracle

KukiMonster wrote:

TMiracle wrote:

Improving =/= more pp.

riviclia - most unerranked mouse only player only plays for crazy clusterfuck scores. cptnXn - stopped caring about pp after he got top #10 only plays crazy hard no mods (in fact still has 200pp plays in his top scores, total opposite of farming). Omforz - embodiment of fuckyoupp. Me - don't care about 250pp DT plays anymore just want to practise no mod consistency even if I miss out free DT pp.
is just an excuse, when it becomes too hard. True heroes never give up no matter how hard it becomes. If you reach your true potential, pp comes naturally.
True warrior's power is measured not by his strength, but by his spirit, only the greatest heroes never lose sight of that 1000pp play no matter the circumstance. THEY NEVER GIVE UP.
AND SO WILL I, WILL NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF THAT 1000PP PLAY.
I may be pleb, my aim might suck, but one day the dream is going to be real!
N0thingSpecial
why are we getting inspirational with a rhythm game? Just play how you like to play but don't come to GnR when you have problems
TMiracle

N0thingSpecial wrote:

why are we getting inspirational with a rhythm game? Just play how you like to play but don't come to GnR when you have problems
someone necroed 2year old thread, so it was a good opportunity to get creative.
Sayorie
osu! is a very hard game if you are playing it for the first time, and even just simply getting entertained from the music requires good basic skills at the very first place, which can only be attained from improving to such a level. Getting pp is probably the closest measure for knowing that someone has quantitatively improved (aside from DT farmers), and this has been so prevalent in the lower ranks and newer players, since getting pp and ranks feel so much rewarding.
TMiracle

Arthraxium wrote:

osu! is a very hard game if you are playing it for the first time, and even just simply getting entertained from the music requires good basic skills at the very first place, which can only be attained from improving to such a level. Getting pp is probably the closest measure for knowing that someone has quantitatively improved (aside from DT farmers), and this has been so prevalent in the lower ranks and newer players, since getting pp and ranks feel so much rewarding.
and eventually get hooked and it escalates. And that's where osu gets you.
trebby

TMiracle wrote:

Arthraxium wrote:

and eventually get hooked and it escalates. And that's where osu gets you.
KanoSet

KukiMonster wrote:

Me - don't care about 250pp DT plays anymore just want to practise no mod consistency even if I miss out free DT pp.
Good luck :)
Yuudachi-kun
Tfw 270 and under is worthless
Swivelx
This is a fairly late reply, but it seems that when other people get more pp than you, your Rank will go down, regardless of your Last played score (Unless you earned a LOT of pp and gained more than you lost)
I did lose pp when I logged in today, so I think if you take too much time off or fail a map you've completed before you might lose some. I didn't even lose a point though, just .07 of one :p
NixXSkate

Swivelx wrote:

This is a fairly late reply, but it seems that when other people get more pp than you, your Rank will go down, regardless of your Last played score (Unless you earned a LOT of pp and gained more than you lost)
I did lose pp when I logged in today, so I think if you take too much time off or fail a map you've completed before you might lose some. I didn't even lose a point though, just .07 of one :p
Yeah I think he figured it out after 4 years lol

Try not to resurrect in old threads like this, this thread was made back in ppv1 and pp worked differently back then, first page might confuse new people now.
Lavax303
The only way you lose pp is when, lets say, you played a 2000combo map, had 1900combo and 99,5%. You play it once again, but now you have FC'd, had scored more than in previous play, but your acc was way worse, like 95%. You lose pp because you did a better score but it is paid less in pp, because of acc.