Topic Starter
lovekotori
Problem Details:

OSU常常在玩的時候自動關閉然後歌曲消失常常重新下載導致我無法管理資料夾
每次幾乎都是玩 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1029759 開 nofail打到一半就會自動關閉

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20131009.5 (latest)
TheVileOne
google translate hasn't helped figure out what your problem is. What is wrong with your folders?
Full Tablet
It seems that this is the issue (if I understood correctly and it is the same issue I have):
- While he is playing/watching that map (a marathon map), the game suddenly crashes (without giving any crash report option), the window or game screen just suddenly disappears.

- After the crash, all local replays disappear from the beatmap list (and don't reappear until you manually re-add the replays in /Data/r/). Note: this didn't happen before the update near middle of September (not sure exactly what change caused this), probably one of those:

This is probably caused because the osu! process exceeds ~2GB of virtual memory allocation while playing long maps or maps with a lot of circles.
I think that the main reason osu! exceeds the memory limit frequently for me is because I have a lot of maps in the song list.

t/139877/start=0
Topic Starter
lovekotori

Full Tablet wrote:

It seems that this is the issue (if I understood correctly and it is the same issue I have):
- While he is playing/watching that map (a marathon map), the game suddenly crashes (without giving any crash report option), the window or game screen just suddenly disappears.

- After the crash, all local replays disappear from the beatmap list (and don't reappear until you manually re-add the replays in /Data/r/). Note: this didn't happen before the update near middle of September (not sure exactly what change caused this), probably one of those:

This is probably caused because the osu! process exceeds ~2GB of virtual memory allocation while playing long maps or maps with a lot of circles.
I think that the main reason osu! exceeds the memory limit frequently for me is because I have a lot of maps in the song list.

t/139877/start=0
跟我的狀況一樣

我常常發生~~( :cry:

有時候還會有 http://puu.sh/4NbDy.png
statementreply

lovekotori wrote:

OSU常常在玩的時候自動關閉然後歌曲消失常常重新下載導致我無法管理資料夾
osu! often closes by itself when I'm playing. After that, all the beatmaps disappear and are re-downloaded, so I can't manage my folders.
(* TN: I suppose that he meant the beatmap database was reconstructed, and his collections were cleared.)
每次幾乎都是玩 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1029759 開 nofail打到一半就會自動關閉
It almost always happened when I was playing http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1029759 with nofail, and osu! closed itself during gameplay.
TheVileOne
你能听懂英语吗?

Can you try to create this crash again? Keep track of the memory usage of osu! when you play this map.
你可以试试再次创建这个崩溃吗? OSU的内存使用情况的跟踪!当你玩这个地图。

Are there any other effects of reconstructing the database when this crash occurs? Are your collections, replays, local ranking intact?
是否有任何其他重建数据库时发生崩溃的影响?您的集合,重播,当地排名完好的?

I'm not sure if google translate used the correct grammar. It doesn't translate back into English correctly.
Full Tablet

I tested playing the Anison Sprint and registering memory use with perfmon.exe. Red Line is Virtual Memory, Green Line is Private Memory, "10" in the vertical axis means 1GB of memory.
A: Main Menu.
B: Song Selection Screen.
C: Pause Screen, while playing Anison Sprint.
D: Play to the end of the song. The instant the map ended, virtual memory reached about 1,911,173,120 Bytes (maybe more since it was polling just every 2 seconds).
E: Results Screen.
F: Playing the map again.
Then it crashed suddenly when the song was about to end. The last poll before it crashed it said 1,908,494,336 Bytes.
That particular crash didn't corrupt the beatmap database (didn't even make it do a full beatmap processing), it seems that this doesn't happen every time or it only happens in some other unknown conditions.
MillhioreF
I was able to replicate the memory increase, but not to that degree. osu!'s memory usage gradually rose about 400MB over the course of the 9-minute map, but it all went away at the results screen, likely due to garbage collection.
I can definitely see this being a danger on songs over half an hour long like paraparaMAX or The Unforgiving, but I can't confirm what happens there because I'd rather do something more productive than spending an hour straight on a map :P
Topic Starter
lovekotori

TheVileOne wrote:

你能听懂英语吗?

Can you try to create this crash again? Keep track of the memory usage of osu! when you play this map.
你可以试试再次创建这个崩溃吗? OSU的内存使用情况的跟踪!当你玩这个地图。

Are there any other effects of reconstructing the database when this crash occurs? Are your collections, replays, local ranking intact?
是否有任何其他重建数据库时发生崩溃的影响?您的集合,重播,当地排名完好的?

I'm not sure if google translate used the correct grammar. It doesn't translate back into English correctly.

separate character

I will try to look at
happen again
come here
re po files
Such you can understand :?
:)
re downloaded osu

Are intact
Just some maps
maps
Disappeared together
In my itself
Originally a 5000 map
After the closure
Possible remaining 2000 ~ 3000 Map
Of course
previously
Placed
Re the folder
Also disappeared
Must
Reopen
osu folders
To map
come up with
Put it back
Possible will restoration
But In my previous collections
have to
Start over
Favourite
Full Tablet
Just tried again using OpenGl instead of DirectX.

With Anison Sprint, Virtual Memory reached ~1,7GB (no crash).

While playing "The Unforgiving" marathon, it crashed while Virtual Memory was about 1.81GB.
This time it gave an error report:
Error
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.String.InternalSubString(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at System.String.InternalSplitKeepEmptyEntries(Int32[] sepList, Int32[] lengthList, Int32 numReplaces, Int32 count)
at System.String.Split(Char[] separator, Int32 count, StringSplitOptions options)
at #fb.#en..ctor(Exception )
at #1h.#0h.#TL(Exception )
at #1h.#0h.#Es()
at #rb.#xb.#Zs()
at #rb.#xb.#at(Object , EventArgs )
at #rb.#Bb.#vt()
at #rb.#Rb.#Kv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #rb.#Rb.#gt()
at #rb.#xb.#gt()
at #1h.#lp.#awb(String , Boolean )

Edit: tried again, but instead of playing the map, I watched WWW's replay of the Unforgiving.
It crashed without an error report. But this time it corrupted my local beatmap database (though this time didn't remove local replays).

Note: This happens on both of my computers (one has 6GB of RAM and the other 8GB), the limit that seems to be reached is the limit of an 32-bit application, not because the PC doesn't have enough RAM.
I think it is related to this http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... rver-64bit
Scorpiour
well lemmi handle it.

你可以详细的描述一下你所遇到的问题吗?中文就好

另外,因为某些原因在你玩很长的marathon图的时候(比如你所举例的那个)会导致osu的内存消耗迅速提升,因此如果你的电脑配置较低的话确实有可能会出现一些问题。
TheVileOne
It sounds like a legitimate issue to me. i'm not sure I want to try to corrupt my database. My computer has less RAM than the average computer. If someone can confirm this corruption doesn't lose any data, then I will attempt to crash the game.
Full Tablet
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/483 ... ET-Process
Would following this help solve the crash when memory use is too high (as long as the PC has enough virtual memory)?

Edit: I used EditBin.exe on a copy of osu!.exe and set the flag IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE with it (making a modified version of the .exe that doesn't connect to bancho). then tested playing The Unforgiving.

A: Started playing the map.
B: Paused the game. Memory use dropped in that moment.
C: Finished playing the map.
D: Started the map and then paused and restarted.
E: Started the map from start to finish without pausing. Virtual Memory reached 3.52GB in that run.

The game never crashed, so I guess setting that flag would solve the problem for people with enough RAM who use 64-bit Windows (as long they don't play maps that use even more memory than The Unforgiving). There would still be the problem that memory use gets rather high though.
Full Tablet
Is there any downside in activating the IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE flag?
Full Tablet
Had another crash while playing https://osu.ppy.sh/s/114065
This time it gave another error report:
SPOILER
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.EnsureCapacity(Int32 min)
at #Ui.#al.#Es()
at #4i.#3i.#Es()
at #rb.#xb.#Es()
at #1h.#0h.#Es()
at #rb.#xb.#Zs()
at #rb.#xb.#at(Object , EventArgs )
at #rb.#Bb.#vt()
at #rb.#Rb.#Kv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #rb.#Rb.#gt()
at #rb.#xb.#gt()
at #1h.#lp.#awb(String , Boolean )
(The moment the game crashes because of excessive memory use seems to be somewhat random, since only some times it gives an System.OutOfMemoryException, and the effects of the crash aren't always the same).

It caused the "corrupted local database" error window appear again (http://i.imgur.com/XvAIaIY.png). And made the local replays disappear from the song list (still have them in Data/r/). Not sure if this error would have caused the collections to disappear (since I don't have any collections).

Tried to replicate the crash playing that same song (crashing in a song that is only 6 minutes long isn't common), Virtual Memory reached 1.77GB after playing it 3 times in a row (without crash). When I crashed I had been playing for about 4 hours (playing several beatmaps in Solo), so apparently the slow memory leak (?) from just playing beatmaps made the difference.
Full Tablet
I tested with a game folder that had nothing more than The Unforgiving in the song list. With all settings default (skin, graphic options, framerate, etc.)

1) Watching WWW's replay of the song, it reached 1.844GB of Virtual Memory use (without crashing).

2) Then, closed the game, opened it again, enabled the "Hit Error" bar. And started watching WWW's replay again.
It crashed the game (without any error report) when it was about 5/8 though the song, while using 1.93GB of Virtual Memory.

3) Opened the game again, added my custom skin to the game folder. Enabled it and started watching WWW's replay again.
This time it crashed (no error report) when it was about 5/16 though the song, while using ~1.9GB of Virtual Memory.
Note: the map has some custom skin elements, so the replay was watched with a mix between my own custom skin and the map's skin.

The hit error bar seems to increase the rate the memory use increases though songs.
A custom skin also seems to increase memory use increase rate.

Again, is there any drawback in activating the flag that allows osu! to use more memory?
That would solve the problem for users with enough RAM.
Users that are affected by the game taking a lot of memory (or use a 32-bit OS) would still need to take measures to decrease memory use though (for example pausing the game periodically while playing long maps).
NeoDexOsu
lovekotori (i think) said OSUs often automatically close when playing
and then songs disappear often re-download ingress and I can't manage folders every time almost play http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1029759 When you open nofail to half will automatically close
Death

NeoDexOsu wrote:

lovekotori (i think) said OSUs often automatically close when playing
and then songs disappear often re-download ingress and I can't manage folders every time almost play http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1029759 When you open nofail to half will automatically close

This thread is 7 years old...