forum

Disturbing beatmap backgrounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
uoodS
Can I somehow change those backgrounds. I really don't like when there is anime girl whit double D's bending towards my screen.
So could I like change my background for every map, other than just deleting all the images from beatmap folders?
DaddyCoolVipper
Dim the background 100%
Topic Starter
uoodS
But I mean, you can still see them at start and end.

I wan't to get rid of them COMPLETELY. :I
Rorona
You COULD delete the image for the background, but peppy doesn't like it.
Topic Starter
uoodS
I deleted some of those, but It does not feel right with completely black background.
I want custom one, but I don't know if there is a way to do that.
VoidnOwO
:)
Apex_old
How to replace the BG Image with a custom one:

Open the folder where you installed Osu!, open the "Songs" folder, and find the song. Remember the BG's name and suffix(.jpg, .png, .img...etc.).

Use Photoshop or Format Factory to change the picture you want into the suffix, and rename it so its name is exactly the same name as the BG Image.

Use Copy+Paste to drag the picture into the folder, and a warning sign similar to this will pop out if you want to replace it or not.

After that it's your choice. Feel free to PM me if you meet errors.
Topic Starter
uoodS
Yeah.
Thanks everyone.
I kinda knew you could just rename the file and do it like that.
But I wondered if there is a way to do it on all in 1 click.
But yeah, thanks :-)
Apex_old
If you think anime girls swinging stuffs are disturbing, go to /b/
Kanye West
Unfortunately, no easier way to replace backgrounds than what apex just said.

But, I think geckogates made a program to remove all backgrounds from all your maps in 1 click
Ephemeral
be warned that upon osz2's release, you will need to redownload every map that you have altered in this way, and you may be penalized for doing so.

osz2 is coming Soon (tm)
DaddyCoolVipper

Ephemeral wrote:

penalized for doing so
I really, really hope that peppy doesn't do that.

Forced map backgrounds is one thing but punishing people for it is a whole other sack of bananas
GladiOol

Ephemeral wrote:

be warned that upon osz2's release, you will need to redownload every map that you have altered in this way, and you may be penalized for doing so.

osz2 is coming Soon (tm)
2009: osz2 is coming soon
2010: osz2 is coming soon
2011: osz2 is coming soon
2012: osz2 is coming soon
2013: osz2 is coming soon

can't wait!
boat

Ephemeral wrote:

and you may be penalized for doing so
lol

ban me
Cyclohexane
btw if the backgrounds are as bad as you say you can report the maps. The backgrounds will be looked at and possibly changed
Topic Starter
uoodS
They are accepted already, there is no reason to report them.
I just don't personally like it when I go to my friends house and I kinda awkwardly have to avoid them.
Sethlied
You don't like girls?
Especially 2D ones?
Wojjan
There needs to be a LOT more discussion in pending about ranked beatmap backgrounds tho. it's like you can google any old show and take the first "skimpy broad" "flaunting her jugs" you see who's related. Just because a BG is related doesn't make it good yet!
Yoeri
There's no time to discuss questionable backgrounds in between slinging shit at each other for disliking each other's mapping styles.
D33d
Keep pestering BATs about inappropriate backgrounds--hell, they should be able to change the backgrounds without unranking, since it's not a gameplay issue.
VoidnOwO
:)
Kanye West

Mr Color wrote:

btw if the backgrounds are as bad as you say you can report the maps. The backgrounds will be looked at and possibly changed
okay how do you report maps?

I can think of at least 20 maps to report then
Restless Spirit
If it's about disturbing images, I could report at least one skin for having a somewhat for some lowly people disturbing playfield image. But who cares? I mean, c'mon.
show more