forum

Really stiff?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iWhorse
That's what she said.

Not.

In all seriousness though, my finger joints feel like they've been getting weaker and weaker. Woke up today and i'm having trouble even fcing 210 bursts(Which is, for me, 50+ down from what i could do a month or two ago) Thoughts on how to fix this?
Almost
Maybe take a break.
Pacemaker
Warm up properly
jesse1412
You never could do 300bpm bursts. Learn to do 300bpm bursts and then try again.
Topic Starter
iWhorse

jesus1412 wrote:

Point is, i was able to burst fast-ish, now not able to burst fast-ish, creating problem.

Either way, not really the point of this thread.

Pacemaker wrote:

Warm up properly
I don't warm up, what kind of maps should I play?

Almost wrote:

Maybe take a break.
Break makes me go q_q, might try it if i can't fix otherwise though.
Hello Skitty

iWhorse wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

Point is, i was able to burst fast-ish, now not able to burst fast-ish, creating problem.

Either way, not really the point of this thread.

Pacemaker wrote:

Warm up properly
I don't warm up, what kind of maps should I play?

Almost wrote:

Maybe take a break.
Break makes me go q_q, might try it if i can't fix otherwise though.
long stream compilation helps me a lot
winber1
you should probably try actually streaming at higher bpms and increasing stamina for long periods of time rather than just trying to burst high bpms.

as for warm-up maps, i literally just play random songs, with dt where applicable. you just have to push yourself, it doesn't really matter what songs you play, though probably certain songs will help you warm up faster.
Ashnyan
Dexus
Big thing is to try stretching your hands and fingers before and after you play. http://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-Your-Fingers

If you're getting a weak feeling from your hands and it's just getting worse then you may be causing yourself to develop RSI. Take breaks and try not to play as long too. When you do this it gives your hand some time to rest and repair itself because your muscles get torn whenever you push yourself to do anything.

Also is it possibly cold where you are at? My hands get really slow when it's cold and I just can't get them to work right. I just run them through warm water for a while and then turn up the temperature on my thermostat.
Topic Starter
iWhorse

Dexus wrote:

Big thing is to try stretching your hands and fingers before and after you play. http://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-Your-Fingers

If you're getting a weak feeling from your hands and it's just getting worse then you may be causing yourself to develop RSI. Take breaks and try not to play as long too. When you do this it gives your hand some time to rest and repair itself because your muscles get torn whenever you push yourself to do anything.

Also is it possibly cold where you are at? My hands get really slow when it's cold and I just can't get them to work right. I just run them through warm water for a while and then turn up the temperature on my thermostat.
I don't think i'm developing RSI. I do often push myself a lot, though, although I do take breaks, and that helps. You have to push harder to play better, though, although i know not to overdo it.

Its getting colder, but it's really not that cold yet. I get slow when i'm cold too(Coolness causes tension in muscles; excess tension harder to control=bad) Running your hands under warm water is bad though; your fingers soften.

Ashnyan wrote:

Maybe some hand/finger exercises could help.. You know, like stretching your fingers and stuff..
Playing guitar's taken care of everything stretching could do for me, and if i do stretch my fingers i'm stretching it past the range of motion i'm able to use(I can almost pull my fingers back to my wrist)

winber1 wrote:

you should probably try actually streaming at higher bpms and increasing stamina for long periods of time rather than just trying to burst high bpms.

as for warm-up maps, i literally just play random songs, with dt where applicable. you just have to push yourself, it doesn't really matter what songs you play, though probably certain songs will help you warm up faster.
That'll wreck my fingers more. That only seems to work with me in reading high AR, or 220- DTs(although its fine for higher if there's no streams)

Thanks for the posts
iSpR1Te
I stretch my fingers and wrists almost every day because a while back I started getting pain in my wrist. Once I started to stretch the pain went away. It also helps keep your hands from getting stiff.

For warm up, I usually play a slower bpm map that has higher od (8+). This helps me really focus and ease into playing osu!
Hula
Just remember that there are other things than osu! And any pain you're getting from playing this game will have 0 future benefit for you whatsoever, so chill out and play some slower songs.
Tekklorn
Push through the pain barrier, no pain no gain mofo. Crack those fingers silly and ignore the burning sensation in your arm.

Nah, JK don't take that seriously. Just stop and do something else for the day, whatever song you're trying to FC or get a high ranking on can wait, not like it's going anywhere.
jesse1412

Hula wrote:

Just remember that there are other things than osu! And any pain you're getting from playing this game will have 0 future benefit for you whatsoever, so chill out and play some slower songs.
Complete bollocks, pain is the metric of improving.

This is an opinion.
Soulg
I know that I'm improving on streams based on how much my fingers/hands hurt.

This is a fact also an opinion.
buny

Hula wrote:

pain is a message to tell you to stop what you're doing

by pushing these past these boundaries, you're improving to an extent as long as you don't go over it excessively
winber1
there is a differene between being tiring and having pain.

there are also ways to train that won't kill your wrists, and ways to train that will only make your wrist tired and stiff. usually immediately going to 240bpm and things of that nature and trying to stream up at that tempo is generally not going to help, whereas even training just 170bpm deathstreams will help you improve on streams or short bursts of much higher bpm. In fact, I don't really play that many super high bpm maps, but rather i play things from 180-210 bpm range, and when i'm warmed up, i generally can also play 240bpm songs.

and i do sometimes just jump to 240 bpm songs, but that's another story.

also, always take breaks in between playing after playing a tiring song. sometimes i watch a replay of myself, then after i resume playing i will still be warmed up. don't just play one song after another after another. same goes for fcing a song, i sometimes may just leave for a bit and come back, and i'll still be warmed up and my mind will be fresh, and suddenly i'm either closer to fcing the song or i actually fc the song.

it's really like any sort of learned skill. Push yourself a bit, try new things, then take breaks to let the learned knowledge sink in, then resume to learn more.
_WinTer
I've had this problem with my fingers for 2 months now, its really annoying tbh and I don't know how to fix it even by taking breaks
Hiro-Senpai
Praise the necropost
StephOsu
i like how this section of community went from very very helpful to strictly shitpost + necropost
Topic Starter
iWhorse
what the fuck i made this 3 years ago

how did i think i could FC 260bpm streams in 2013
Xyrus_old_1

iWhorse wrote:

how did i think i could FC 260bpm streams in 2013
You were young and naive. :D
7ambda

iWhorse wrote: