forum

The next cookiezi [maybe?]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
hey i just started playing this game not 2 days ago to get used to my new gaming mouse's insane speed [over my old ps/2 ball mouse] and this game is actually turning out to be more fun than the ones i got this mouse for hah! [League of Legends for one, to try to finish getting Diamond :P IGN: Weave and Cleave]

I saw some youtube videos of the sheer absurdity that is cookiezi and it inspired me to try to play too, even though i don't have a tablet or use the keyboard to hit notes :|

I just figured now's a good time to post this thread. I've only played classic osu but i think i'm getting decent? maybe? i just cleared my first hard beatmap with higher than a C after 21 tries so that's good too. Is my skill level not too bad for just 2 days? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMW07Jd-K00 although my hands were a bit shaky after so many failed attempts, at least i did it! Some critique on what I can do to get even better would be nice too! I only play games to try to be the best :?

I think I might have a lot of potential, and when I really get good in like 10 years I hope to prove worthy of cooping with some of you fine gents. :) Add me on League for chats! See you all around!

[x] Notify me when a reply is posted :D
Rio-

Riince wrote:

The next cookiezi [maybe?]
You must defeat the other Pro Players below Him first XD
Anyway... Welcome to the Community!~ :)
CsavarNat16

Riince wrote:

I think I might have a lot of potential, and when I really get good in like 10 years I hope to prove worthy of cooping with some of you fine gents. :)
I think 2 years is enough, at least, practice makes perfect. ;)
Welcome to the community! :)
Audiodelus
Welcome~ True pro's are ones that never gave up!
- Marco -
FAST! Edit the title "the next shadowsoul"

Welcome!

thanks Hula for pointing this out ^^
Trash Boat
if you succeed, please don't leave osu!, as Cookiezi did. who knows why
Zare

CsavarNat16 wrote:

I think 2 years is enough
Not true. I'm living proof.

OP: About trying to beat Cookiezi. You will either get bored after a few weeks and quit, or you will get obsessed with this game, get 50k plays, realize you're not even close to getting anywhere, fall into despair, accept your fate and just play for fun afterwards, not expecting to improve at all anymore.

Or you're H4ppySt1ck. Good luck.
M i m i
cookiezi?!>_<

Welcome to forums~ :P
Hula

marcostudios wrote:

FAST! Edit the title "the next thelewa"

Welcome!
New ShadowSoul now* lol
Kjellinn_old
Welcome to the forums!
I believe you can be the best with that attitude (but be sure not to let your wrists crumble)! :)
CXu

Zarerion wrote:

CsavarNat16 wrote:

I think 2 years is enough
Not true. I'm living proof.

OP: About trying to beat Cookiezi. You will either get bored after a few weeks and quit, or you will get obsessed with this game, get 50k plays, realize you're not even close to getting anywhere, fall into despair, accept your fate and just play for fun afterwards, not expecting to improve at all anymore.

Or you'll try to quit and never be able to quit because osu! is drugs.

Anyhow hi and welcome!
Trash Boat

CXu wrote:

Anyhow hi and welcome!
did you have to say that?
Zare

CXu wrote:

Zarerion wrote:

Anyhow hi and welcome!
Yeah I forgot skipped that step in my list.
Kanye West
keep dreaming
Trash Boat
live the dream
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
thanks everyone ive been playing it and league trying to find a good balance, and tonight i learned a very valuable lesson: Renard is really hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOUciJJr ... e=youtu.be

Although to my credit, I never got past the first minute so just rolling with what came after it blind went better than i expected. do you guys alternate Z and X when you play? like as a direct pattern? or just for certain parts?

Do you guys recommend watching Auto go through it a few times first, just so you know what's going to be where when it happens, or should i just trial and error it? That can be annoying sometimes especially if the part that kills me is really later in the song, it's not something i can effortlessly re-enact. I guess that's just part of the challenge though, huh?

one last thing: how do i stop that annoying girl from popping out from the left or right during the game? i'd be lying if i said it didn't throw me off sometimes.
[AyanoTatemaya]
Keep dreaming :)
Anyway, welcome to the community!
Rio-

Riince wrote:

do you guys alternate Z and X when you play? like as a direct pattern? or just for certain parts?
I prefer single-taps mostly... Never alternate (Except If I can't follow the rhythms well, like 200+ bpm)

Riince wrote:

Do you guys recommend watching Auto go through it a few times first, just so you know what's going to be where when it happens, or should i just trial and error it?
Trial and Error is the best practice... But I recommended You use Auto first only when You want to play with FL(Flashlight) Mod...

Riince wrote:

how do i stop that annoying girl from popping out from the left or right during the game? i'd be lying if i said it didn't throw me off sometimes.
You hate her :( ? Well, go to Options... And disable "Combo-Burst" button
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

satriobp wrote:

Riince wrote:

do you guys alternate Z and X when you play? like as a direct pattern? or just for certain parts?
I prefer single-taps mostly... Never alternate (Except If I can't follow the rhythms well, like 200+ bpm)

Riince wrote:

Do you guys recommend watching Auto go through it a few times first, just so you know what's going to be where when it happens, or should i just trial and error it?
Trial and Error is the best practice... But I recommended You use Auto first only when You want to play with FL(Flashlight) Mod...

Riince wrote:

how do i stop that annoying girl from popping out from the left or right during the game? i'd be lying if i said it didn't throw me off sometimes.
You hate her :( ? Well, go to Options... And disable "Combo-Burst" button
i dont necessarily hate her or anything..she's just.. in the way lol. im taking your advice and im improving by the hour. already finished that 5star renard song on hard :P

most importantly, i can feel myself gaining more control in my new mouses movements 8-) if i keep this up i'll be even more in control than the last one i used for years. i love this game.
IOException
i used to single tap everything :P it was a pain but now i can double tap pretty easily now.
Naikaze
Welcome!

I don't get the title though. Like, who are you trying to beat???
Raiken-
Welcome! Why should be the next Cookiezi if you can be better than him?
Gehe, just saying you will improv. Goodluck in being the next Cookiezi.
Rilke
Hello and welcome to the forums, Bassist Vinyl.

Day two and already doing hards? That's quite cool, really. Don't forget to turn of the mouse acceleration. What it does is it does not allow your muscle memory to improve beyond a certain point. (Control panel -> mouse -> uncheck "Enhance pointer precision"). It'll take you a couple of minutes to get used to it, but it helps a ton and you may also get better at skillshots in LoL.

You should also look for a skin that you like and has transparent single taps (because in the future, you'll have to deal with triplets which may be a pain in the arse). Check out the skins subforum and don't forget to give some feedback! :)
XPJ38
lol guys, this thread has been created 3 months ago, no need to post anymore