forum

OSU! help with League of Legends?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tzhaar
I see a lot of famous League of Legends live streamers lay OSU! in between ques and I downloaded the game and started t play and at first it was very hard but i'm slowly getting better at it but my question is does it improve your game play in other games such as League of Legends like some people say and if so how?
Soarezi
Well it might improve your aiming if you use mouse and maybe (?) reflexes
Justykanna
I find it's best for reflexes more than anything (moving your mouse around for skillshots too, maybe) - mind you, I play osu! because I like the game, not to get better in League. ;)
Tshemmp
It didn't help me at all (with Dota).
Kanye West
No. Realize that you're comparing a rhythm game to a MOBA. They have vastly different mechanics.

I consider myself good or at least above average at this game, but I'm mediocre at league. Inversely, those streamers are really good at league but complete shit at osu! You can't see correlation, so you can't even begin to talk about causation.

The streamers play osu! to kill time because they have long queue times. It really has nothing to do with building skill across games.
TakuMii
Unless you don't know how to use a mouse, I don't see how playing osu! would possibly help with League of Legends. Clicking circles won't help you aim skillshots, nor will it help you learn strategies and/or mechanics.

As others said, most LoL streamers that play osu! are generally not very good at the game, and I'm sure that it goes both ways.
Vulf
You are quite wrong on the skill shot part. Osu has vastly increased my accuracy with skill shots and reaction timing against them as well.

Aside from that it won't do much.
Justykanna

YayMii wrote:

Unless you don't know how to use a mouse, I don't see how playing osu! would possibly help with League of Legends
I'm terrible with judging where my mouse pointer goes, given a certain movement of my mouse hand.
So I guess I dunno how to use a mouse, if that's what you're calling that.
Wishy
Why would it help at all? There are more important things on MOBAs than just reaction, well I don't know about league specifically.
- O n i -
makes you dodge malphite ults easy
so yeah it helps
Icyteru
yes and no. it's visibly almost impossible to know where you improved by playing osu!, but after a long time, you might just start to realise your map awareness, reactions, and cursor precisions are all increased. The thing is, playing osu! removes the need for attack move, and you can use the much more reliable right click move. it makes your adc mechanics so much smoother, noticeably. not for anything related to decision-making though. osu! improves your mechanical skill, but mechanical skill is overrated at most elos.
f i z i k

[AirCoN] wrote:

yes and no. it's visibly almost impossible to know where you improved by playing osu!, but after a long time, you might just start to realise your map awareness, reactions, and cursor precisions are all increased. The thing is, playing osu! removes the need for attack move, and you can use the much more reliable right click move. it makes your adc mechanics so much smoother, noticeably. not for anything related to decision-making though. osu! improves your mechanical skill, but mechanical skill is overrated at most elos.
Attack move is generally the better move,especially for ads as you missclick less
also it doesnt help at all for league,i just use it to kill times in queue too ;__and then i get addicted :D;
Tshemmp

[AirCoN] wrote:

Why do you think rightclick is more reliable than attack move? In my opinion it is the other way round.
Icyteru
the point is, a-move is used as a substitute to the traditional right click move to make up for the lack of precision right click involves. however, with osu!, it will remove that inprecision, thus making right click move a lot more reliable. i'm sure you all had problems with a-move mistargeting, but that won't happen with right click.
f i z i k

[AirCoN] wrote:

the point is, a-move is used as a substitute to the traditional right click move to make up for the lack of precision right click involves. however, with osu!, it will remove that inprecision, thus making right click move a lot more reliable. i'm sure you all had problems with a-move mistargeting, but that won't happen with right click.
Theoretically with a move you have to move your mouse less to save time and to make kovement easier
also youll do a lot less missclicks
You wont get more precise in league cause of osu since you dont focus on clicking too much in league but on othrr things
You also dont get better at fps just because you can aim in osu
Icyteru
well, i can't really verify anything, because i started osu! before league, but i did feel as if my mouse movement benefited greatly from osu!, and I never have any misclicks, which everyone else claims to has, which can be attributed to playing this circle clicking rhythm game.
Vulf
Wasn't doublelift going on about how he likes to use mouse clicks over attack move now? I don't really play ADC often so I can't really contribute.
Sapphiire_old_1
it does help , it trains ure reaction time and ure aiming
Xcrypt
I do think osu! skill would carry across games. It feels like it improved my aim and reaction time if only by a little bit. However, the absolute best way to get good at game X is to play X, not something else. :)
Gravey-
How can osu affects you in playing LoL?
SPOILER
Sorry for bad english.
Narudatsu
Osu! works with hand eye coordination. Also it improves a bit of your Action Per Minute. As a Starcraft and LoL player, I love playing Osu on the side since it helps me hit skillshots and improve at least two of my fingers' speed. I also feel like osu makes me look around more often. Instead of intently looking at your champion in lol, I begin to take in what's around me. A lot of lower elo players don't often do this. I actually played osu! before I started League and TBH, out of my friends at school, I feel like I'm much better than them. Most of them are Silver and Gold. This past season 3, while playing osu on the side, I went from bronze to plat. I am a firm believer of osu helping league players. Madlife, CJ Entus Frost's support player plays a lot of Osu! to practice how he aims his skillshots. I also greatly improved some of those hard-to-hit skillshots like Blitzcrank's pull.

TL;DR
Osu! helps with Skillshots
OzzyOzrock
unless you only play maps that require you to spam right click over and over in the same general area i don't thinik it'll help you much at all
TakuMii
I must be doing something wrong then. I can almost pass Airman but I still miss a lot of my skillshots.
f i z i k

Narudatsu wrote:

Osu! works with hand eye coordination. Also it improves a bit of your Action Per Minute. As a Starcraft and LoL player, I love playing Osu on the side since it helps me hit skillshots and improve at least two of my fingers' speed. I also feel like osu makes me look around more often. Instead of intently looking at your champion in lol, I begin to take in what's around me. A lot of lower elo players don't often do this. I actually played osu! before I started League and TBH, out of my friends at school, I feel like I'm much better than them. Most of them are Silver and Gold. This past season 3, while playing osu on the side, I went from bronze to plat. I am a firm believer of osu helping league players. Madlife, CJ Entus Frost's support player plays a lot of Osu! to practice how he aims his skillshots. I also greatly improved some of those hard-to-hit skillshots like Blitzcrank's pull.

TL;DR
This isnt true. Playing osu doesnt change anything in league,its just your imagination. MadLife would be the same god even if not playing osu. 90% of skillshots is judt brain (prediction,knowing whats goin to happen etc) and 10% aim. The only reason you see streamers playing it is because its fun and you have to kill queue times. I play in Challenger soloQ and it never changed anything I did in any way,even after I started to play osu.
So tldr; osu is a fun timekiller game but playing osu makes you better in osu,not other games.
Tshemmp

kT fizik wrote:

Narudatsu wrote:

TL;DR
This isnt true. Playing osu doesnt change anything in league,its just your imagination. MadLife would be the same god even if not playing osu. 90% of skillshots is judt brain (prediction,knowing whats goin to happen etc) and 10% aim. The only reason you see streamers playing it is because its fun and you have to kill queue times. I play in Challenger soloQ and it never changed anything I did in any way,even after I started to play osu.
So tldr; osu is a fun timekiller game but playing osu makes you better in osu,not other games.
qft

really, I hoped misklicks (in Dota) wouldn't happen so often anymore when I get better in osu! but guess what, no improvement at all
Sync

Kanye West wrote:

No. Realize that you're comparing a rhythm game to a MOBA. They have vastly different mechanics.

I consider myself good or at least above average at this game, but I'm mediocre at league. Inversely, those streamers are really good at league but complete shit at osu! You can't see correlation, so you can't even begin to talk about causation.

The streamers play osu! to kill time because they have long queue times. It really has nothing to do with building skill across games.
/thread
lyut
Nah it doesn't help at all tbh.
Ceph23
I'm sure that osu! Can improve mouse skills but not significantly. The best way to improve is to continue to play the game.

Also all MOBA requires good teamplay. Always. So if you're looking to imrove in this game, I would suggest working on good team communication and not focus on mouse skills. Mouse skills come naturally IMO.
xXtidusFRXx

Ceph23 wrote:

I'm sure that osu! Can improve mouse skills but not significantly. The best way to improve is to continue to play the game.

Also all MOBA requires good teamplay. Always. So if you're looking to improve in this game, I would suggest working on good team communication and not focus on mouse skills. Mouse skills come naturally IMO.
What is this team-play you speak of? The curse of Yoloq is 0 teamplay premades who think they are god's gift to Valoran.

I have found that Osu! helps with reaction time, but if you want to get better at League, best thing to do is play it. There is no magic spell that will make you a pro overnight.

That or spend a week on Dota 2 next time you are banned. That helps with unlocked camera playing and last hitting.
lyut

xXtidusFRXx wrote:

Ceph23 wrote:

Also all MOBA requires good teamplay. Always. So if you're looking to improve in this game, I would suggest working on good team communication and not focus on mouse skills. Mouse skills come naturally IMO.
What is this team-play you speak of? The curse of Yoloq is 0 teamplay premades who think they are god's gift to Valoran.

I have found that Osu! helps with reaction time, but if you want to get better at League, best thing to do is play it. There is no magic spell that will make you a pro overnight.

That or spend a week on Dota 2 next time you are banned. That helps with unlocked camera playing and last hitting.

Teamplay helps you win solo Q... And not everyone is the sort of person that doesn't want to cooperate anyway