forum

Ylvis - The Fox

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Beige

James2250 wrote:

Saw this in #modreqs yesterday and wanted to listen to this song more so here I am!

[General]
I have said this on anther map today too but bright yellow sliders with a white reverse arrow isn't the best idea, maybe change the color slightly
I think 02:41:893 - 02:56:424 could have some whistles fit in nicely, sounds kind of empty right now
Not sure if the kiai time at 02:56:893 is really needed, but I guess wait for more opinions on that
Surprised there isn't 10000 versions of this ranked yet

[Normal]
Solid map

[Hard]
02:04:443 (1,2) - seeing as the next 2 combos separate this part, you might as well keep it consistent here

[Fox]
00:19:443 (5,6) - shouldn't really be a jump as 00:21:318 (3,4), 00:23:193 (3,4) etc aren't and it doesn't really fit in
00:41:005 (1,1) - I would space these much further apart, the antijump is strange when playing
01:56:005 (1,1) - ^
03:00:877 (1,2,3) - kind of mean spacing..

Just minor suggestions for the most part, good luck getting this ranked! Def. deserves stars :D
All Fixed it! Thx ~ XD
kriers
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding
raww_old
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow
kriers
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho
raww_old
Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff

WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY

gogo rank :D
Blub7
Now it's stuck in my head :D
[Pikachu]
THIS MAP IS AWESOME! ;3
What does the fox say?! ;3

Topic Starter
Beige
lol... Thanks!
P A N
ohhhhh, nice map white :D
Nickelony
PLEASE! Can I do Easy for you?
Topic Starter
Beige

iNickel wrote:

PLEASE! Can I do Easy for you?
Sorry I don't want to make easy diff
Rakuen
Yay! Fox! :3

Rank >.>
sstonn
NEEDS RANK
p3n
[General]
  1. It is okay to use the shortened title here. Just add "what does the fox say" to the tags for more accurate search results.
  2. Your soft-sliderslide3.wav uses an outdated format and you will have to replace it. Use this file and rename it to soft-sliderslide3.wav to avoid problems.

[Normal]
Personally, I wouldn't use stacks in a beginner's difficulty. This is your lowest difficulty map and I think this is something to be considered. It is a 3S 'Normal' so having stacks should be no problem but it makes it much harder for beginners. This song will attract MANY new players and I think you should adjust your beginner's map accordingly. I will not force you but I HIGHLY recommend not using stacks:
00:24:599 (2,3) - consider not stacking here
00:50:380 (2,3) - consider not stacking here
01:24:599 (2,3) - consider not stacking here
01:53:193 (1,2) - consider not stacking here
02:01:161 (2,3) - consider not stacking here

[Hard]
Would be great if this was rated 'H' because the spread would "look" better. I think it is still a very very good 'Hard' map.
00:41:005 (3) - maybe use NC for this slider? Just like you did in the Insane/Fox
01:56:005 (3) - ^same

[Fox]
The Fox says: Good job!
I can't really complain here. It is fun to play and fits perfectly.
ichivictus
Lovely map and seems like your on the way to have this ranked <3 Star~~
p3n
Good job with the changes to 'Normal'!

One last little detail: Try to drag the beginning of the breaks in all difficulties to the first downbeat after the metronome reset (https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1051673). This is just a suggestion but I think this way the break fits the song much better. Try and see if you like it, only change if you think it fits :) (and no kd here)
Topic Starter
Beige

p3n wrote:

Good job with the changes to 'Normal'!

One last little detail: Try to drag the beginning of the breaks in all difficulties to the first downbeat after the metronome reset (https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1051673). This is just a suggestion but I think this way the break fits the song much better. Try and see if you like it, only change if you think it fits :) (and no kd here)
Finally, Fix it!!
Raose
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
p3n
...the fox says
Zeraph
아ㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏㅏ
DingGGu
bubbbble
dkun
...ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!