forum

[resolved] Skin Selection Problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lyubey
Problem Details: When I try to select a new skin to play Osu! it freezes and I have to close it using the task manager

Video or screenshot showing the problem: After opening task manager

osu! version: 20130926 (latest)
Nathanael
We need more details regarding the crash so you need to provide a screenshot.
If a crash dialog opens, you can post the error here. ( You can see it on the details tab )
kaminari69
i had that freezes when i formated i did save all of my skin in a HDD and when i did extract them on skin file of osu so i deleted them and reinstalled and no more freeze
Topic Starter
Lyubey
Added a screenshot of after opening task manager
MillhioreF
Are there any strange files in your Skins folder?
Topic Starter
Lyubey
I don't think so...

Here's a picture of my skins folder
Scorpiour
._. there should not be a "beamap file" in your skin folder...
- Marco -
you should try to open this file by draggin in osu!
Rorona

Scorpiour wrote:

This. Alternatively, it may just be that your computer is much too slow, and can not handle opening up the skins for whatever reason.
Topic Starter
Lyubey

Rorona wrote:

Scorpiour wrote:

This. Alternatively, it may just be that your computer is much too slow, and can not handle opening up the skins for whatever reason.
*Gasps* That might be right!
Marco what did you mean by that?
Rorona

Louis13 wrote:

*Gasps* That might be right!
Marco what did you mean by that?
With the osu! beatmap files, try dragging them into the osu! client when it's open (and not crashing), such as what you would do with songs.
Topic Starter
Lyubey
I'm sorry but could you explain that a bit more simply for me? (Noob here)
deadbeat

Scorpiour wrote:

it's not a osu! beatmap file. i just made my own .osk now to test it. it's still a skin file. it's fine
Rorona
Essentially, what Marco wants you to do is to open the osu! beatmap files. There are two (I think) ways of doing this.
A) Double click the osu! beatmap file to open it within osu. (not sure if this works)
B) Drag the osu! beatmap file into the osu client. Like drag it out of the folder like you would be dragging it into another folder, but actually drag it into the osu! client (the thing that you play the game with)
Topic Starter
Lyubey
Aha! Thanks Rorona! gonna check this out now
- Marco -
and then delete them (the compressed files) or move out of the skin folder
Topic Starter
Lyubey
I just realised.... the game was converting the beatmaps into folders, that's why it was freezing
- Marco -
^^ so it's resolved, right?
Topic Starter
Lyubey
Yes and no. I can choose a skin now, but only one skin is actually applying. Should I create a new topic or just continue here?
Marcin
Well, you have to extract these skins. Using winrar / 7zip / renaming to *.zip format and using windows extracter
Nathanael

Louis13 wrote:

Yes and no. I can choose a skin now, but only one skin is actually applying. Should I create a new topic or just continue here?
Remember that each skin must be in a single folder and all of its skin contents are inside there.
If you downloaded a RAR/ZIP/7z file, you need to grab the files inside (as said by Marcin) and manually placing them at the skin folder.
( If the format was OSK, you can just double click it or drag it on your osu! window )
Topic Starter
Lyubey
All sorted now guys thanks a bunch