forum

[4k Mania] The Broken Matrix | 1v1 | Open Rank | CONCLUDED

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sinsa

Hello, and welcome to the first iteration of The Broken Matrix!
Technically it's the second iteration not the first, the first iteration was this (BTFMFAR) Tournament but we decided to start fresh.
Playing osu tournaments is fun right? But what if you realize you're playing in a matrix... and as soon as you realize it, you notice slight changes happen... which may influence your playing!

To register for the tournament, you must join the Discord server and use /account link on our bot, Aurora#4679. After you linked your account, you need to use /tournament register. More info about registrations can be found below.

1. The Broken Matrix is a Mania 4k Tournament, but with a special gimmick: Throughout rounds, rules will change. They may have a big or a small impact.
  2. This tournament does not have a rank range it's restricted to, so players of any and every rank are allowed and encouraged to join. Please just make sure you haven't violated the guidelines of osu in the past 9 months.
  3. This tournament is gonna be played in Score V2, Head-to-head.
  4. The tournament hosts retain the right to remove any player they deem suspicious from the tournament.
  5. This tournament will not be badged, but all staff roles besides Host, Mapper, Mappooler, Playtesters, Replayer and Referee will be allowed to play.
  6. A Player who is out of the tourney (completely eliminated) is allowed to join the staff team, even as Playtester,Replayer or Referee.
  7. If hostile action from a player occurs, the player may be disqualified from the tournament after repeated offense.
Registrations
  1. First, you need to link your osu account to Aurora, our Discord bot. To achieve that, you need to use the /account link command in the #bots channel.
  2. The bot will then send you in the ingame chat a pm with a verification code. Enter that verification code in Discord using /account verify.
  3. As soon as that's done, nothing is stopping you now! Simply use /tournament register to register yourself for the tournament!
  4. Additionally, you need to submit your bonus picks (more about them explained later) using /tournament bonuspick. You can change them later again if you're unhappy with them, but as soon as Qualifiers started, you can't change them anymore!
  5. When you register, please also set your availabilities with /tournament availabilities. It really helps us hosts schedule your matches.
Reschedules
  1. Reschedules must be done through our Discord bot, Aurora.
  2. Players must send a rescheduling request via command atleast 12 hours before the original match time. After that, a reschedule approval cannot be guaranteed.
  3. After the reschedule request has been sent, the opponent player has to accept it.

Match Procedure: Qualifiers
  1. 15 minutes before your lobby, you will get pinged in Discord, reminding you of your upcoming Lobby.
  2. After everyone of the scheduled lobby joined the lobby, the referee will put on the first map. Qualifiers are gonna be Freemod (Only allowed mods are No-Fail, Mirror, Hidden, Flashlight and Fade-In), ScoreV2 and Head-to-Head.
  3. After the first map has concluded, the referee will put on the second map and so on.
  4. After all qualifier maps have been played, there will be a 5 minute break (which can be skipped if all players agree).
  5. When the break is over, all Qualifier maps are gonna be played for the second time.
  6. Once all maps and lobbies have been played, your scores will be compared against the other players. Only the better score of the two tries will count.
  7. You will be assigned a rank based off your scores per map. You will then get an average rank over these Maps. Seed 1 will be the lowest average rank, Seed 64 (or whatever the number of players is that will pass qualifiers) the highest.
  8. The amount of players who pass qualifiers will be the highest power of 2 of players that are participating.

Match Procedure: Stages
  1. 15 Minutes before your scheduled time, you will get a ping on Discord, reminding you of your match.
  2. The referee will create the lobby 10-5 minutes in advance and invite the players.
  3. The Players will then have to join the match within 10 minutes after the scheduled time. If they are not present at that time, it will count as a Forfeit.
  4. After both players are inside the lobby, both players may put on a warmup. The warmups must not exceed 4:00 minutes in drain time. The warmup must be mania and in 4k mode. There are no difficulty limits.
  5. After the warmups, both players will have to roll. The roll winner can choose whether they want to pick or ban first. They will go second on the other option then (e.g. they choose pick first, so they ban second).
  6. Then, the player who was choosen to ban first bans a map out of the pool, which is not Tiebreaker. After that, the other player will ban a map.
  7. Should it be a round with 2 bans, then the other two bans will be done. Ban order is ABAB (alternating banning).
  8. When the bans are done, the player who has first pick will pick a map from the pool, which is not banned and which is not banned. The referee will then put on the picked map and adjust the lobby settings.
  9. All maps are freemod, however, only the mods Mirror, Hidden, Fade-In or Flashlight may be used.
  10. If bonus pick is picked, the referee will put on a random map out of the bonus pick submissions.
  11. Both players will have 120 seconds to get ready. When both players are ready, the referee will start the map.
  12. As soon as the map is over, the player with the higher score on the map gets a point.
  13. After that, the other player than the one who picked lastly gets the ability to pick a map, and it repeats from here on.
  14. When both players are at matchpoint, the Tiebreaker will be played.
  15. As soon as one player reaches the needed amount of points, the match is over and the win goes to that player.

Bonus Picks
So far, bonus picks were mentioned a few times. But what are they actually?
They are meant up to spice up the game! They were already present in BTFMFAR, and will return for The Broken Matrix!
Every player has to submit a bonus pick upon their registration. That bonus pick can be any Mania 4k map of their choice, as long as it's between 90 seconds and 5 minutes long.
bonus picks will be pickable besides normal maps in all matches, but also bannable. The special thing here is, that no one knows what map actually is gonna get played until it's picked!

In this Phase, players will have the ability to register themselves to the tournament and to submit bonus picks.

Screening: May 30th - June 5th
In this phase, the staff team will screen out players who we deem suspicious.

Qualifiers: June 6th - June 12th
5 Maps: SV, Accuracy, LN, Hybrid, Mixed Rice

Round of 64 / 32: June 13th - June 19th
Best of 7, 1 Ban

Round of 16: June 20th - June 26th
Best of 9, 1 Ban

Quarterfinals: June 27th - July 3rd
Best of 11, 2 Bans

Semifinals: July 4th - July 10th
Best of 11, 2 Bans

Finals: July 11th - July 17th
Best of 13, 2 Bans

Grand Finals: July 18th - July 24th
Best of 13, 2 Bans

Ah yes, the most important thing for you guys. Wonder what you earn if you win this?
We will do a Prize pool where anyone can contribute! The Prize distribution will be as follows:
First Place: 50% of Prize Pool
Second Place: 34% of Prize Pool
Third Place: 16% of Prize Pool

Prizes will be paid out via PayPal. The default prize pool is at 100$.
Donations to the prize pool are welcome! Send a DM to Sinsa#2674 on Discord for more info.

MocaLoca
This page is exposing im british
- Sky -
I was wondering why the former tournament suddenly disappeared from my discord server lists and a server called the broken matrix replaced it

Lets go sinsa hosting a tournament
menphiss
Are you insane? Stop attacking, immediately!
blacktea12
omg!!!11!
romplo7777
no entendi nada XD
Lott
...and as the dimensions collide, what will we see at the end of this disanity?
perhaps we, mere mortals, are too inferior to know at the surface of the matrix
dolen
sinsus
Topic Starter
Sinsa
very sus
Polytetral
when your computer messes up completely

interesting gimmicks though, wanna see how this turns out
zixinx
weow
nvfangirl
i cant join tourney cuz i cant verify my google acc and i dont have my phone
Topic Starter
Sinsa

nhanvgiang wrote:

i cant join tourney cuz i cant verify my google acc and i dont have my phone
You don't need your google account for this tourney, you only need your osu account and your discord account.
ERA Bengeut
great stuff
Lott
quarterfinals is definitely not scuffed ecks dee
Lott
the matrix is fixed

adieu