forum

World of Warcraft Skin (help needed)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Green_Wolf_Dog
'aiyo all, this will (maybe) be my first my skin. i'm trying to put together a World of Warcraft one. this will (if it's made) have 2 versions, Alliance and Horde (no major differences so far). but i need help. like for starters, how to post the components so far. also i have ideas:

1. trying to make the health bar like the World of Warcraft HP/Mana bar. (yes, Mana...sorry, no Rage/Energy...there would be way to many skins of pretty much the same thing)

(there will be a faction mark placed in the circle instead of a character. have it so the HP and Mana go down at same rate. i put level at 70)

2. i found pictures of some Classes to use as the point circle thingies, so im using only my favorites because there are quite a many of them (Hunter is the best 300 points hit, cuz im a Hunter and they is my favorite)

3. can the Spinner Bar go sideways? trying to make it like the Loading Screen in World of Warcraft

(the blue bar at the bottom of the screen that fills up as you progress more)

i have almost everything done, but i need help actually putting it together (please know what your doing if u would like to help) and actually being able to post it here to show my stuff. if it doesnt fit guidelines or whatever, than i'll scrap the idea and work on something else

other skin ideas: Okami (as Lupo89 requested and i seconded), Guitar Hero, PSP, XBOX 360
awp
From what I understand, right now, the spinner bar won't fill sideways. you can still make the idea kind of work, but the load bar would fill vertically, and almost instantly, and from there you wouldn't know how close you were to completion.

The lifebar is doable, but be prepared to make it stretch about 2/3 across the screen. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the lifebar drain operates on a fixed crop rate, as oppose to scaling. You can play around with it if you like because I don't actually know, but you CAN make the lifebar work like that (time to stroke my own ego: the lifebar in the Wind Waker skin is heart containers filling up akin to Zelda, and THAT was a bitch to do)
Topic Starter
Green_Wolf_Dog
ok, ty.

now i gotta think of something else for the Spinner Bar :|

EDIT: *sigh*, this is getting to be quite difficult :| any suggestions?
(P.S. so much changes since my last visit!! 2 new skins, giant X and O in gameplay, site make-over, and Peppy & Luigi have new avatars)
osulosu_old
was ist das denn xD ok bin raus

boat
Lifebar isn't hard at all to do, just open up an existant one and use it as a base for how tall and wide they can be. Not sure about if you'll be able to add the mana too, but give it a try. Just cut out the health and mana (green and blue) from the scorebar bg, and make those the scorebar colors. The scorebar bg doesn't have to be the exact same size, as a template one, but keep it in a moderate size.

As for the spinner, you could make the loading bar vertical and have it fill up as you spin.
MLGnom
Dafaq... answering to a question that is 4 years old. And person wasn't online since 2009.
I love when people are doing epic necrobumps. XD
boat
lol, read the date on the latest post, figured it was recent

oh well :U
kirill092
It's stupid... but please, make skins with AllodsOnline, LoL and PerfectWorld! :P
MMzz
lmao
Frizz

kirill092 wrote:

It's stupid... but please, make skins with AllodsOnline, LoL and PerfectWorld! :P
No
Xiao_old
I always wonder what goes through someone's head when they bump an old thread for the most inane things.

It's brilliant.
OsuMe65

Xiao wrote:

I always wonder what goes through someone's head when they bump an old thread for the most inane things.

It's brilliant.
dunno
maybe a wild imagination will do the talking