forum

Simultaneous Tag Co-op

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +19
Topic Starter
YielShelion
This thread is DIFFERENT with this one t/88375
Can't think of better title...
So, unlike regular coop, the 2 player must play SIMUTANEOUSLY, not in turn.

Picture talk better than text, so here it is, an example screenshot taken from a beatmap https://osu.ppy.sh/s/48738

for spinner, two players will spin the circle together, or one player spinning while other player tap notes
Beatmap would be coop spesific, only playable by 2 players and gameplay score are combined, and ranked (if possible)
two player won't always be playing same map pattern that is mirrored/rotated or anything. another example of gameplay are player 1 play drum notes, while player 2 play the main note/vocal etc.
so its a real coop.
i would suggest the health bar combined like this
P1 = red; P2 = blue
[|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
or separated like the one in the screenshot above.

For TAIKO, there will be two gameplay area (above for player 1, below for player two)
might think of more idea but, this would be good already :)

EDIT : replaced picture with better one
DJNightmare
Great idea D: It feels like it has been requested before somehow D:

Anyways, this would cause a new category to be created I think and would be quite some work o.o
Topic Starter
YielShelion

DJNightmare wrote:

Great idea D: It feels like it has been requested before somehow D:

Anyways, this would cause a new category to be created I think and would be quite some work o.o
i think its gonna be new mod. and this mode should only be played with ping below 100ms and peer to peer connection
bomber34
nice idea but I have the feeling it is unlikely to have this happen

the editor at the moment does not really allow simaltanous hitcircles
the latency might be a problem too

I have the feeling this was already requested tltc
XinCrin
I like the idea but if two players plays at the same time could be a bit confused imo
FrzR
We tried doing tag coop with a friend but when we play together our songs aren't on sync. Sometimes the 1st player finishes first.
pixeldesu

bomber34 wrote:

with a bit of fiddling around with mapfiles (just change the time objects appear) it's easy to make simultaneous circles/sliders.

Also, the latency and the servers in this case are the most likely reason this is never going to happen, I think this was denied multiple times before.
PeteN00b
It seems really fun to play, and even to map a co-op beatmap like that ^^ Nice idea. Though I don't know if it's possible.
Topic Starter
YielShelion

XinCrin wrote:

I like the idea but if two players plays at the same time could be a bit confused imo
The circle color would be per player, and the cursor are player's color too

pixeldesu wrote:

bomber34 wrote:

with a bit of fiddling around with mapfiles (just change the time objects appear) it's easy to make simultaneous circles/sliders.

Also, the latency and the servers in this case are the most likely reason this is never going to happen, I think this was denied multiple times before.
I think its not a problem if it is played peer to peer, and only allow gameplay if the player ping are below 100ms :)
quaternary
there would be very few maps to play; I can't think of an easy way to convert normal maps.
Topic Starter
YielShelion

tuddster wrote:

there would be very few maps to play; I can't think of an easy way to convert normal maps.
Make it double mirrored, mirrored horizontally and vertically.
or anything else ppy can think of :p
pixeldesu

YielShelion wrote:

I think its not a problem if it is played peer to peer, and only allow gameplay if the player ping are below 100ms :)
Peer-to-Peer is something that is never going to happen in osu!, even I can tell that. Everything needs to run over the server, because..yeah, Stats, etc.

Contras, or likely stuff that makes this request invalid, or...never happening:
- Peer-to-Peer or full syncing with the server needed, also low latency.
- Cursor-syncing is denied already.
- It would end up too confusing if you have more players simultaneously on one screen
- More server resources would be needed (syncing of hitscores, combo, life, etc.)
SyraxAxoJaxco
Ah, at least there is someone who agree with this idea. Maybe we could ask OsuTeam to make a special editor for this multiplayer. So a beat could be placed twice in a beat time. AND, the Osumania's is same as the Taiko right? (Different bar)

Intinya sih aku setuju. Sayang gak bisa nge-vote... :cry:
arviejhay
I support this idea but sorry I'm not a supporter :3
is this applies to ctb and osumania?
i have an idea
in ctb there are two characters one on the left , and one on the right
the fruits are mirrored. The fruits that have color is yours and the grey one is the other one.

in osumania there's another mania interface right new to you. The notes are mirrored too.
left mania interface = colored. Right mania interface = colored too
AyanoAkemi
beatmapsets/1176980
Here is a 4-player map I created which is 4 players play simultaneously
Corne2Plum3

Ayanoakemi wrote:

beatmapsets/1176980
Here is a 4-player map I created which is 4 players play simultaneously
No a 4-player map, it's an aspire map this