posted
Total Posts
show more
Nikolai
just got my first salary on the new job
johnmedina999

Westonini wrote:

My Calc II Midterm

Holy shit I've never gotten an A in any of my Calc exams before. And a 100.5/100 no less. I'm so happy.
Nice job, dude!
Achromalia
Problems resurfacing.

My aunt insists that I do shit regardless of practicality. and essentially put up a passive threat of kicking me out because I haven't complied.

Normally these things include certain actions of mine that I suppose she deems to be... well, i dunno what she thinks, I just know she apparently doesn't like it, enough to be a reason to throw me out.

For example, not cutting my nails frequently, not going outside my room often and doing things outside, and not cutting my hair short. These are among the trivial complaints.

But there are a few that hold a bit of water in some sort of aspect, even if I find it pretty trivial as well. Complaints like those would be something like how I eat inside my room all the time, and how I don't shower every single day, or how I don't clean my room often enough.

I make a lot of shitty mistakes and I can't seem to stop that shit. For example, I keep falling asleep with the lights on.

These little things seem to have bothered her enough, and I'm genuinely conflicted right now.

The majority of these don't seem to be a problem to me. Complying with some of these may not even be very practical, really. I tend to multitask and eat while I watch videos or make music, which so far, has saved a lot of time as I'm a slow eater anyways. I tend to do everything in my room, and rarely need to do anything outside as it wouldn't really serve an important purpose of mine. I most likely won't be as productive if I'm unable to use a laptop or anything. I can now state that's true since I had done fuck-all while the laptop had been ruined. Pretty much everything I do involves the internet and I've had no problem with that.

I suppose this is more along the lines of a request for advice, or just asking for your thoughts on this. I'm not really sure what to do here as I don't see my compliance would be practical for anything I do.

The only reason to comply is to avoid being kicked out, even though I hardly even interact with my aunt enough to be a nuisance.

Or is that what bothers her?

If so, why doesn't she come in and say hi or something? Maybe ask what I'm doing or show some interest in what I'm working on if she's adamant on interaction?

Aside from that, I guess I'm the problem.

I don't know how the hell I'm going to do anything like that.

This is why I don't like being around people.

My mere existence is somehow a burden to others closest to me.
Tad Fibonacci

Achromalia wrote:

Problems resurfacing.

My aunt insists that I do shit regardless of practicality. and essentially put up a passive threat of kicking me out because I haven't complied.

Normally these things include certain actions of mine that I suppose she deems to be... well, i dunno what she thinks, I just know she apparently doesn't like it, enough to be a reason to throw me out.

For example, not cutting my nails frequently, not going outside my room often and doing things outside, and not cutting my hair short. These are among the trivial complaints.

But there are a few that hold a bit of water in some sort of aspect, even if I find it pretty trivial as well. Complaints like those would be something like how I eat inside my room all the time, and how I don't shower every single day, or how I don't clean my room often enough.

I make a lot of shitty mistakes and I can't seem to stop that shit. For example, I keep falling asleep with the lights on.

These little things seem to have bothered her enough, and I'm genuinely conflicted right now.

The majority of these don't seem to be a problem to me. Complying with some of these may not even be very practical, really. I tend to multitask and eat while I watch videos or make music, which so far, has saved a lot of time as I'm a slow eater anyways. I tend to do everything in my room, and rarely need to do anything outside as it wouldn't really serve an important purpose of mine. I most likely won't be as productive if I'm unable to use a laptop or anything. I can now state that's true since I had done fuck-all while the laptop had been ruined. Pretty much everything I do involves the internet and I've had no problem with that.

I suppose this is more along the lines of a request for advice, or just asking for your thoughts on this. I'm not really sure what to do here as I don't see my compliance would be practical for anything I do.

The only reason to comply is to avoid being kicked out, even though I hardly even interact with my aunt enough to be a nuisance.

Or is that what bothers her?

If so, why doesn't she come in and say hi or something? Maybe ask what I'm doing or show some interest in what I'm working on if she's adamant on interaction?

Aside from that, I guess I'm the problem.

I don't know how the hell I'm going to do anything like that.

This is why I don't like being around people.

My mere existence is somehow a burden to others closest to me.
I doubt your aunt actually wanted to kick you out. She's just worried about you.
From what you said, it seems to me that you don't really have a healthy lifestyle.

You say that your aunt wants you to do things even though they're not "practical". TBH, I have to agree with your aunt with most of them.
I think those task aren't impractical at all, they're quite essential.

Like cutting your nails, keeping your nails short both makes it cleaner and look less disgusting. (It's fine having long nails but should only to an extent)

Shower regularly, I don't think you have to shower everyday but do shower like once every other day. Personal hygiene is important.
Lack of shower can lead to odor and in the long run, diseases.

About cutting your hair, I don't really agree on this since it's personal preference. My dad used to constantly nag me about my hair too.
Just make sure you wash and comb your hair often.

Going outside often isn't a bad idea either. Lacks of vitamin D can cause depression. You should go out for a walk once in a while.
Maybe go to the park to read a book for a change.
Or bring your laptop outside and make music there.

I also agree that you should not eat inside your room all the time. A family meal should be enjoyed with other family members.
My mum used to tell me the same thing and I thought she was a nuisance, but trust me, she's right.
Just sit down in the dinning room and eat with your family once in a while. Not every single time but do spend time with them.

You should treasure your family. Anyone can approve of what you do if it doesn't involve them, but not many people can be worried about you.

I'm sure your aunt doesn't really want to kick you out. My mum and dad used to tell me they'd kick me out too, but in actuality, they're just worried about you.
Achromalia

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

I doubt your aunt actually wanted to kick you out. She's just worried about you.
From what you said, it seems to me that you don't really have a healthy lifestyle.

You say that your aunt wants you to do things even though they're not "practical". TBH, I have to agree with your aunt with most of them.
I think those task aren't impractical at all, they're quite essential.

Like cutting your nails, keeping your nails short both makes it cleaner and look less disgusting. (It's fine having long nails but should only to an extent)

Shower regularly, I don't think you have to shower everyday but do shower like once every other day. Personal hygiene is important.
Lack of shower can lead to odor and in the long run, diseases.

About cutting your hair, I don't really agree on this since it's personal preference. My dad used to constantly nag me about my hair too.
Just make sure you wash and comb your hair often.

Going outside often isn't a bad idea either. Lacks of vitamin D can cause depression. You should go out for a walk once in a while.
Maybe go to the park to read a book for a change.
Or bring your laptop outside and make music there.

I also agree that you should not eat inside your room all the time. A family meal should be enjoyed with other family members.
My mum used to tell me the same thing and I thought she was a nuisance, but trust me, she's right.
Just sit down in the dinning room and eat with your family once in a while. Not every single time but do spend time with them.

You should treasure your family. Anyone can approve of what you do if it doesn't involve them, but not many people can be worried about you.

I'm sure your aunt doesn't really want to kick you out. My mum and dad used to tell me they'd kick me out too, but in actuality, they're just worried about you.

I suppose we have different definitions, standards, or ideas of practicality.

I fail to see long nails as disgusting as long as they're relatively clean, of which mine are. Long nails become impractical once they obstruct your ability to manually do things in any sort of way. If they extend about a good centimeter away from the nail-bed, then this will likely occur and unless you like it for more cosmetic purposes, I would recommend cutting those nails. Though, in my case, my nails are at a pretty comfortable length, even though they are longer than what's deemed normal. In comparison, my fingernails are about 0.5 centimeters long. Personally, short nails are REALLY uncomfortable. I get hangnails often with short nails as well, so that wouldn't be very practical.

Hygiene's fairly important, yeah. I typically shower every other day if I can, but sometimes have two or even three days in between. I don't see it as much of an issue, though.

The length of my hair isn't too bad and is at a pretty comfortable length. About 8 cm in length in most places.

Going outside isn't something I'm comfortable with, and don't exactly have a need to do. My time's been better spent inside. Depression has been less prevalent the past several months as well, but I go outside just about as often as before. I don't really have an inclination to read anything at the local library and going outside just to be outside isn't really practical as once again, I could be a bit more productive than that over here.

I don't understand the necessity in a family meal. I eat for the sake of eating. A family meal is difficult to organize and adjust for everyone's appetite, as I eat at different times in the day as needed. I eat in small amounts and eat slowly. Family meals, of which I've occasionally had, aren't enjoyable. There's nothing to say, and nothing to really do. Considering that'd take about 20 minutes of the day away on average (though that of course depends on the meal as well), I could spend that time quite a bit better. Awkward silence isn't very fun.

I'm not sure if I'm too great at "treasuring family", though, and there, is where you've got a fair point. I'm a fairly apathetic person, honestly. I just don't have anything to really say to them. I can't come up with anything. Most conversations will be trivial unless it's something serious, important, or at least interesting to some extent.
keremaru
Pretty much a rant here, but I don't know what to do.

I'm sitting here in my room, getting work done, when I decide to take a look at my grades on my school progress report, grade... Thing. I notice my grades aren't doing very well, especially in Chemistry, despite my efforts in trying to get shit done. Albeit, some background here, we did have a 2-week long break, the first initial week being unintentional as there was a snow storm, making the road conditions unfit for driving and thus disabling any transportation to school, due to safety reasons. The second week was a planned President's Day break, where the whole week was taken off of school. I don't think much of the occurrence, two weeks of relaxing inside, waiting for the snow to subside while I drank a cup of hot chocolate.

Then the two weeks pass, and my school life gets back into swinging. Boy, did I miss everything subject-wise in my Chemistry class.

First off, there was apparently a "Heat & Calorimetry" test that I had to take. Didn't think much of it either, however I didn't remember anything from prior to the two week break. Nothing to worry about, just pass the test, right?

Wrong. From what I'm looking at here, I absolutely tanked and took an L, getting a 6/50 on the test itself.

Now confused as to why and how I let myself get a 12% on a test a week after, I realize that I never took into consideration the type of teacher I had for my Chemistry class. It was a new teacher, replacing the prior Biology & Chemistry teacher from last year, whose class I had the privilege of taking. It was fun, nobody really broke out of line when she was in the classroom, and she let everyone have enough time to take notes, even going back to the last slide of the PowerPoint to let them finish taking their notes.

This year, though, is completely different. The new teacher, names being unmentioned for privacy reasons, doesn't leave enough time for people to take notes. She practically expects you to remember every bit of information, from the moment you see the slide. Nobody asks to go back, because they don't want to disrupt her flow of teaching, but, no offence if she finds this forum post, which'll be rare, her style is absolute crap. Students, as far as I know (from my class), don't have enough time to contemplate how the damned concept even works, and worse off, she doesn't give them a chance to ask questions about the material. I know she's only trying to teach, but at least give kids the chance to think about what you're teaching. Any good teacher I've had has given kids the opportunity to ask questions about the materials they're supposed to be teaching. We don't just sit in a room and process information like computers, we process them like human beings. We have questions about these types of things, and teachers are supposed to be answering any questions students have to broaden their understandings on the subject. But nope, the new Chemistry teacher doesn't ask if students have questions. She just gives you something, like a complex concept, and expects you to swallow it whole. Then, a week later, she contradicts her teachings and goes to dimensional conversion, which is literally, so far, just multiplying bullsh*t with fancy terms. She doesn't try to teach students the easy stuff, leading into the hard sh*t. No, she'd rather have some random and stupidly easy lesson planned after at least a month of hard work, and essentially vice versa. It's stupid to the point where I can't even remember taking notes about calorimetry and whatnot.

Whatever, just a rant about how dumb I feel my Chemistry teacher's methods of teaching are. As for status updates, I'm just doing homework, since I've been focusing on studying for that test without remembering anything about taking notes. Move on with your days, as proceeded. I might just be a lazy fucklet who doesn't take notes, who knows?
Meah
I feel tired, prolly effects from that yellow fever vaccine
Westonini
Was forced to make a group later with all the remaining groupless people since I don't talk to anyone. From what I've seen so far they all seem really quiet and awkward. God dammit. I hope we do alright.
Tad Fibonacci

Westonini wrote:

Was forced to make a group later with all the remaining groupless people since I don't talk to anyone. From what I've seen so far they all seem really quiet and awkward. God dammit. I hope we do alright.
I wish teachers would stop doing that. I'd rather work on my own in a group project. Most of the time, I'm the person that does everything anyways.
keremaru
Found out that talking to girls is hard for me.

Then again, talking about anything common is pretty hard, given I don't do anything in common with other people.
Westonini

I tried making and implementing some pixel art since it can look decent without me needing to be all that great at art/drawing. I'm pretty satisfied with how its come out so far. More so than I thought I'd be. It's at least better than the gray cubes that it used to be. I've finished up with most of the art so I should be able to finally start working on the tutorial level and the following levels soon.

Edit: I just realized that after looking at the image that there are actually some crate props missing. Gotta fix that real quick.
Achromalia
I find myself in the opposite situation for whatever reason.

I find it strangely easier to talk to girls than guys.

I'm just not a fan of a lot of the guys in my school. A fair amount of them are dicks.

As a result. I've had like 9 or 10 female friends-of-varying-degrees as opposed to the 3 or 4 guys i know and enjoy being around.

Maybe there's some other reason, but yeah. I've wound up meeting a lot of girls, some are still mere acquaintances, others as friendly people, and some pretty cool friends, not to mention a pretty good friend from my old fucked-up middle school. I think about it and find it strange. Maybe it's how I act like a complete doofus or some shit. I can change my personality to fit that in an instant for whatever reason, from the aloof apathetic kid that draws and stuff, to the weird local skeleton who screeches and is overall insane.
45Traeath

Achromalia wrote:

I'm just not a fan of a lot of the guys in my school. A fair amount of them are dicks.

As a result. I've had like 9 or 10 female friends-of-varying-degrees as opposed to the 3 or 4 guys i know and enjoy being around.
Maybe it's how I act like a complete doofus or some shit.
I mean, they each got one stuck down there...
Alright, sorry for the bad joke.

To me, they're being "dicks" because of the differences indeed.
They can't find a reason to get along with your, "aloof" stance, and thus won't even try to approach you, or rather, they may try to directly annoy (if not, "bully") you instead.
So be it.
It's just me, but I wouldn't take time to find a reason and try another approach.
(That's my traumatised, around 15-year-old, self talking.)

[More to come after a bit of thinking about how it was in my case, which is during/after some activity outside.]
Ender Lain
<< The Result

Open Photoshop
Editing Raw ava.psd
Save as: Just edit this on a virtual machine.png
Close Photoshop
Open VMware
Play: Lite
> Open GIMP
> Export to VM: Just edit this on a virtual machine.png
> Edt: Just edit this on a virtual machine.png
> Export: Here ya go.jpg
> Close GIMP
> Export to Host: Here ya go.jpg
> ShutDown Lite
Close VMware
Meah

Kinda feel empty after reading Date A Live LN Volume 19
Next volume is really promising but only 30 pages has been translated so far

I just don't know what to do now
Achromalia

45Traeath wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Maybe it's how I act like a complete doofus or some shit.
To me, they're being "dicks" because of the differences indeed.
They can't find a reason to get along with your, "aloof" stance, and thus won't even try to approach you, or rather, they may try to directly annoy (if not, "bully") you instead.
So be it.
It's just me, but I wouldn't take time to find a reason and try another approach.
(That's my traumatised, around 15-year-old, self talking.)

[More to come after a bit of thinking about how it was in my case, which is during/after some activity outside.]
In a sense, you're right-- I'm strangely hard for them to approach. If there's anyone, there's about a couple or so students who mess with me in an attempt to either annoy me, to vent their frustration or something else. They probably don't care I'm there. I couldn't really give less of a shit about that either. That's not why I call someone a dick.

They're not dicks to me, but rather, act like dicks, people who are stuck-up, egotistical, spiteful, rebellious, and whatnot. They bother other people and mock them, belittling them, all without much remorse of any sort. That kind of thing.

eh.

I find that to be a given, though. I would expect there to be plenty of people like that by default. Therefore, I don't mind it as much.

I'm primarily just reflecting on how I've had a better time talking to girls than guys.
worst fl player
status after 3 years from previous post: meow mix is still best
Westonini
I planted a tree.
Meah

SxGon wrote:

status after 3 years from previous post: meow mix is still best

I see no lies here Dad

Journal
Status: just breathing at 3:33 a.m. Mentally blocking everything out.
Meah
Oregairu season 3 announced!
Yahallo intensifies
keremaru
Going back to school tomorrow, made some progress in talking to someone I won't specify.
45Traeath
Time to live with depression for a while.
payney
i wanna watch mmo junkie again
Achromalia
MMO Junkie was nice to see when it came out. I enjoyed it.

I haven't really watched much anime anytime recently though.
payney
imagine being a streamer

edit: imagine having terrible internet
Achromalia
i'm urged to outlaw all cowboys.
Westonini
I like cowboys
Tad Fibonacci
For some reason, the forums just keeps randomly switches to the new forum for me.
Like it's trying to force me on using the newer shittier site.
Can I just use the old site in peace?
payney
im trying to "rebrand" everything

chara/dreemurr is so 2018
TeeArctic1
I'm writing a constitution for a forum, what am I even doing with my life?
Achromalia
I'm opening up a fake art market for an artificial sense of an economy for a forum, what am I even doing with my life?
45Traeath
Got sick...

FmL.
Westonini
I love looking into my notes after an exam to see all the things I fucked up on.
Wuxo
payney
owie oww ouchhhh my body hurrts
Journal
stressed
Meah
Bored
payney
my body still hurts
Journal
*mentally sends massagers to chara*

show more