forum

[resolved] OBS causes osu! to suddenly crash

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vincyyyyyy
Problem details:
Sometimes when im recording, osu crashes randomly or when alt-tabbing while obs is running. Is there any way to fix this?

osu! version: stable 20220406.3
Nukrid
From my experience, the OBS hook can cause osu to crash for seemingly random reasons (especially alt-tabbing), happens to streamers as well in a regular basis.

I don't think there is a certain fix for this, I never figured it out myself the cause behind it, the only common factor is the OBS for what is worth.
Topic Starter
vincyyyyyy
Oh, I thought it was just my pc acting up, guess I'll just have to use another recording software. Thanks!
ufgf
Does this happen both when using 'Game Capture' and 'Window Capture'?
If you can't capture the game using 'Window Capture' (you can't find the game), try switching the game to Borderless Windowed mode using the Alt + Enter keyboard shortcut while in the game, capture the window, then use the same keyboard shortcut again to return to full-screen mode
Topic Starter
vincyyyyyy

ufgf wrote:

Does this happen both when using 'Game Capture' and 'Window Capture'?
If you can't capture the game using 'Window Capture' (you can't find the game), try switching the game to Borderless Windowed mode using the Alt + Enter keyboard shortcut while in the game, capture the window, then use the same keyboard shortcut again to return to full-screen mode
Hello! sorry for the late reply. I tried doing the borderless windowed/window capture and it worked fine. I'm suspecting that the game capture was the reason for the crashes. Anyway, thanks!