forum

Inspector Gadget - Theme Song

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Enok Walker
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, February 07, 2008 at 4:35:57 PM

Artist: Inspector Gadget
Title: Theme Song
BPM: 102.46
Filesize: 1174kb
Play Time: 01:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.65 stars, 104 notes)
  2. Insane (4.74 stars, 152 notes)
Download: Inspector Gadget - Theme Song
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
I was bored.
EDIT: all suggested changes made; also removed Hard difficulty
EDIT: made Rolled's suggested changes
EiJi
Ohh, the pain I have to endure by being a mod... This song... I mean C'mon now... Don't tell me you couldn't have found something better. -_-

Spacing is acceptable. Timing looks good up to the end where the BPM changes, but shouldn't be a problem.

I just woke up 30 mins ago, so I'm not going to bubble this, even if I did find nothing wrong. I'll check it again later, after I've already dosed myself with ten Advil.
Zyid
Huh, I thought the Pokemon Theme Song would be the worst song I could do but this one tops it.

Anyway as painful as the song is, the beatmap is very well done. I couldn't find any strict flaws - though the liberal spacing, while technically correct, sometimes threw me off.

I just want one more moderator to share our pain before ranking. Any takers?
awp
What the fuck the Inspector Gadget Theme Song rules (if I am thinking of the same one) I will totally get in on this

I am currently mixing an album for a friend though so it'll be an hour before I get osu! fired up.

Hahahahaha fun. It was what I thought it was. The placements are pretty good, but watch your timings very carefully. Some of the sliders in particular actually come in on eighth notes.

Example, HARD: 15:45 - should be coming in at 15:38. It may look minor, but it has a pretty strong impact. Go through the timing of each note more carefully.
Topic Starter
Enok Walker
OK, I edited the offset and BPM along with some other things. Hopefully it syncs better.
SuperDevil
Inspector Gadget rules why do people not like the Inpector? >:(
peppy
Great work. A few things I spotted:

Hard and insane are too similar. You may be better off choosing the one you like most (i think insane is better personally), refining it and using that... or making them more unique. The main difference I could see is the number of notes in the red stream towards the end - not sure if I missed anything else.

I'm more fond of normal, so I'll point out the issues I had with it.
* Use an audio lead-in. You can set this in song setup (f4). About 1-2seconds should be enough.
* Spacing at 00:41:59, 00:46:63 is VERY inconsistant and confusing - they should be a lot closer to each other.
* 4 notes spaced at 01:00:00 are followed by notes of half the time value with the same spacing. I think you should space the 4 notes out more to make this obvious.

Insane:
* Only thing I have a gripe against is the spacing of the four notes at 1minute. Might wanna make them just a bit closer - its a huge reach that will probably piss people off at the moment.

Apart from the above, great map :). I really like this song - brings back memories.
Rolled
I'm going to try not to go too nazi on this map, but it's tempting.

Normal:
I will let the sliders such as 31:48 slide, as I suppose they give the map a bit of a challenge, being spaced a bit too far. But there are some other things that somebody not too experienced with the gadget would trip up on.

That slider ~40:41 is pretty close to the 1 to be a full beat away from. I'd like to see that brought down a bit more.

56:73-59:88 - I suppose it's easy to tell that those notes are not close together, but they really should be spaced a lot farther apart. Maybe do one in each of the corners or something? That'd turn out nicer imo.

Insane:
06:30 - The slider sounds a lot better if it were half a beat long.
09:52 - Very unnatural sliders at the end of that combo. I don't think it follows the song at all. Personally I'd make it the same as the combo before it. 1,2,3,slider. Ditch the slider directly after that one (10:26) Then make the final slider of that combo (10:99) a half beat long, like the one at 6:30.
And maybe split that last stream of 25 in half? 25 is a large number for a combo.

Fix em up, and you have my approval.

edit: also, I don't know why, but some of the streams of 5 such as 21:24 for me are off in-game, but in editor they look fine. Not sure why, but maybe you could try replacing them? The non-straightness bothers me.
Topic Starter
Enok Walker

Rolled wrote:

Normal:
I will let the sliders such as 31:48 slide, as I suppose they give the map a bit of a challenge, being spaced a bit too far. But there are some other things that somebody not too experienced with the gadget would trip up on.
I actually went ahead and changed the chorus around in both maps to lessen this gap.

Rolled wrote:

edit: also, I don't know why, but some of the streams of 5 such as 21:24 for me are off in-game, but in editor they look fine. Not sure why, but maybe you could try replacing them? The non-straightness bothers me.
This was apparently due to notes being stacked. I moved some of the patterns so that they are not directly on top of each other which I believe fixes this problem (and makes the maps easier because I made the gap between the end of the slider and the next circle slightly shorter).

All other changes have been made.
peppy
00:04:91 and 00:12:27 - feels like there should be 4 hitcircles before the slider... i can't seem to get my head around this one as it is. not sure about this... but otherwise i think this is rankable now :)
Rolled
Peppy's idea does make it sound better. Just add an extra hitcircle before the slider, and move the slider down 1/4th a beat. As soon as that's done, I approve this for ranking also.
Topic Starter
Enok Walker
Done, I also added a BG.
peppy
I have no problems left with this map. Bubbling!
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Nicely done! I see no problems! *Ranks*
MyGameName
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
fireriku546
I think insane might be a little too hard, I mean the person on #40 got a C rank of all things.
Halliday

EiJi wrote:

Ohh, the pain I have to endure by being a mod... This song... I mean C'mon now... Don't tell me you couldn't have found something better. -_-
Funny he said that, when he ranked Dred & I just four days before this.

C'mon now EiJi xD