forum

pTransl - community translation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
pTransl - community translation

Sign-up for an account and take a look around, and translate some languages if you can :)

A few things to know about this system:
  1. The idea is that many people can contribute to a single language's translation, and work as a team to get the translations perfected.
  2. You can vote a translation correct or wrong.
  3. If a translation reaches -3 votes, it will be hidden (graveyarded).
  4. If a translation reaches +3 votes, it will be accepted as the correct translation (and no further changes accepted).
  5. Revising someone else's translation will let you post your own using theirs as a base. The original will not be removed.
If you can think of a cool name for this system I am open to suggestions. Think larger than osu!, since I plan on making this reusable for other projects.

As usual, suggestions, feedback, bugs reports etc. very welcome in this thread.

Translation is now being handled in Google Docs. See here: t/104342
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
peppy
Sarcasm detected in deadly levels.
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
Neo@lex
Call it Trapppy.
Also, this is an awesome idea.

Shouldn't Dutch be &l=nl?
DE is German.
Topic Starter
peppy

neo@lex wrote:

Shouldn't Dutch be &l=nl?
DE is German.
Fixed, thanks.
Derekku
Nice system. :) I'd love to help if I knew another language well enough ._.;
Gens
Oyay

/me registers and helps with the translation
Remco32
Lesjuh
Let's move osu! forwards!
anonymous_old
I was completely confused. I had no idea where to sign up.

Then I realized the link in large letters.

=[

Also, no French?

Aaaaaand, "Account" link shows nothing useful.
Derekku

strager wrote:

Also, no French?
I was going to ask that, but then assumed that peppy will add more languages once the real thing is ready. (Also Russian and many other popular languages)
Echo
Someone check my Japanese :P
FurukawaPan
How about "Kouritsu Honyaku" (公立翻訳) or "Konyaku" (婚訳) for short. (And yes, the kanji are wrong on purpose, in my miserable attempt at humor). I wanted to try working 蒟蒻(こんにゃく) in there somehow, because jokes about food are much funnier, but it seemed too much of a stretch.
Echo
actually translating is quite fun :)
Loginer

peppy wrote:

As usual, suggestions, feedback, bugs reports etc. very welcome in this thread.
Don't forget to add my Swedish translation once you're done testing.
Olinad
Looks nice, but I guess the fact that once a translation gets 3 votes it's untouchable isn't that good... What if three people in a row miss a mistake in a sentence?

EDIT: I actually corrected all the translations for the italian language even if I know they will be reset afterward... but anyway, it was something I couldn't avoid doing XD I'll correct anything again once the system is fully working
FurukawaPan
Topic Starter
peppy
I probably won't reset it unless someone screws around too much.
aallie_old
yay. :D
now I'll be able to revise those annoying small mistakes on the portuguese translation.
KIA
Topic Starter
peppy
Added russian, swedish.
Removed testing notice - let's try this for real.
Added ability to down-vote "accepted" translations.
Inozuma
It's an interesting concept.

I'd like to help, but there is no french :o
Topic Starter
peppy
Added :)
Echo
Inozuma

peppy wrote:

Added :)
-SiN-
errrrr sorry peppy, i hope you can change this in Indonesia (without -n)

it's accepted already but SongSelection_AddedToFavouritesA in Indonesia is totally wrong
"Tambah ke favorit A" is for SongSelection_AddToFavouritesA

"Added" and "Add" are 100% different meaning
Topic Starter
peppy
-SiN-
i know.. but no revise button appear >.<
RemmyX25
Any chance I could request a Pirate language?
anonymous_old
Topic Starter
peppy
Examples of punctuation inconsistencies? Consider where they are actually used in-game.
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

Examples of punctuation inconsistencies? Consider where they are actually used in-game.
"Loading" has two .'s whereas "Searching" has three .'s.

Probably some dirt on my screen when I was looking at something. I thought there were more.

Some of the buttons above the score board are title case ("Next Page") whereas others are not ("Switch to local scoreboard"). For the latter example, I think "Switch to" is unnecessary (kinda like "Go to" in "Go to next page," if it were worded that way).

"Hovering a beatmap will change to it after a short delay." -- Isn't it "Hovering [the cursor] over a beatmap..." ?

"Leaving the song list will make it snap back to the active beatmap." -- When I first saw this in-game I thought it meant hitting "back."

/me goes to sleep, hopefully.
Rolled
Just leaving this here for pure awesome.

[09:59] <Film11|irc> i have thought of a good name
[09:59] <Film11|irc> ling-osu
[10:01] <peppy> also if you can think of a cool ppy name
[10:01] <peppy> somethign.ppy.sh
[10:01] <peppy> that would be even more epic
[10:01] <Film11|irc> li.ppy.sh
LuigiHann
"Lippy" works on a couple different levels. I approve heartily
Topic Starter
peppy
I like lippy a lot too.
show more