forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette

Rorona wrote:

How do you actually get high points ._.

Everything but Shaymin's point amount is random.
Some of the dolls seem to have fixed points (at least, range-wise). Try to remember their locations before the screen gets completely covered and it shouldn't be a problem (save Celebi, who seems to randomly insert itself).

If that ends up being wrong, I guess I just got lucky on the high point range for the same dolls.

EDIT: Daily reminder that Japan always gets the awesome stuff first:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon X & Y

It has been revealed that a special tournament is to take place in the Pokémon Centers. To tie in with these tournaments, and in the time around it, various Pokémon with their Mega Stones are to be distributed to players with sets aimed to help you get into battle immediately. They are all Level 50
From May 10th to May 18th, a Gyarados with Waterfall, Earthquake, Ice Fang, Dragon Dance and holding Gyaradosite is to be given
From May 19th to May 25th, a Scizor with Bullet Punch, Swords Dance, Roost, U-Turn and holding Scizorite is to be distributed
From May 26th to June 1st, a Kangaskhan with Fake Out, Return, Earthquake, Sucker Punch and holding Kangaskhanite is to be distributed
From June 2nd to June 8th, a Gengar with Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Will-o-Wisp, Destiny Bond and holding Gengarite is to be distributed
From June 9th to June 15th, a Tyranitar with Stone Edge, Crunch, Earthquake, Ice Punch and holding Tyranitarite is to be distributed
Finally, from June 16th to June 22nd, a Mawile with Iron Head, Play Rough, Fire Fang, Sucker Punch and holding Mawilite is to be distributed.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon X & Y - Special Vivillon Distribution

A new event has been announced. Making its first appearance worldwide, the special PokéBall Pattern Vivillon is to be given at the Pokémon Center in Paris from June 4th to June 21st. This Vivillon is Level 12 and comes with the moves Stun Spore, Gust, Light Screen and Struggle Bug. It is unknown if this event will make it out of France.

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

It has been revealed that the next special form of Vivillon has been announced. This form, the Fancy Pattern, is to be distributed when over 100 million Pokémon have been traded on the GTS and is to tie in with the fact that Vivillon is the most traded Pokémon. The number is currently sitting at 85 million so only has 15 million to go. It is said that the distribution will be worldwide. The actual means of distribution has yet to be confirmed but we'll post as soon as it is

El Koko
h-hello

does anyone have a shroomish with drain punch? or breloom... or togekiss or anything that can pass it down as egg move to shroomish ;w;
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon XY - Vivillon

As the GTS has reached 100 million Pokémon traded, the Vivillon pattern distribution has been announced. This pattern will run from tomorrow, July 8th, to July 31st 2014 over the Nintendo Network. This Vivillon is exclusive to this download and comes with the special move, Hold Hands, that no other Pokémon can have.
Edit @ 12:20: It is now available in all regions!

Lanturn
I wonder if that 100 million includes wonder trades and normal Internet trades? I could imagine if it isn't that there has probably been over 1 billion trades with just wonder trading.
NaomiMinette
It's probably mostly GTS trades.
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

As the GTS has reached 100 million Pokémon traded
NaomiMinette
Herp, I even overlooked that...

Well anyway, so how about that fancy Splash (Hold Hands)? /o/
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

Well anyway, so how about that fancy Splash (Hold Hands)? /o/
Meh it wasent necessary to add that move guess they added that to make it more 'special'
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon X & Y - Charizard Event

For those of you in the UK, a new event has been announced. If you go to GAME, you will have the ability to download a Charizard, either via Nintendo Zone or through a Serial Code if asked for at the till. This event mimics the event that was in Japan earlier this year and offers a Charizard that will come with the Charizardite Y if you connect with Pokémon X or Charizardite X if you connect with Pokémon Y. It will run from July 11th to August 10th
Sapphiire_old_1
As part of the annual Tanabata Festival in Japan, a new distribution will take place at the Pokémon Center in Tohoku. This event will give you a Level 10 Shiny Jirachi. This Jirachi has the moves Wish, Swift, Healing Wish & Moonblast while holding a Star Piece, and will be given from August 1st to August 31st. We'll bring more details as it comes. Our Event Database has been updated with details of this event
Why am i not born in Japan ?
NaomiMinette

SoG Tava wrote:

As part of the annual Tanabata Festival in Japan, a new distribution will take place at the Pokémon Center in Tohoku. This event will give you a Level 10 Shiny Jirachi. This Jirachi has the moves Wish, Swift, Healing Wish & Moonblast while holding a Star Piece, and will be given from August 1st to August 31st. We'll bring more details as it comes. Our Event Database has been updated with details of this event
Why am i not born in Japan ?
Soooooooooooooo annoyed... I really want one ;~;
La Volpe
Why those kind of events are not worldwide...
NaomiMinette

La Volpe wrote:

Why those kind of events are not worldwide...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon X & Y

It has been confirmed through an advert in Nat Geo magazine that two special events are coming to North America. These events are based on Mega Evolutions. First, from August 13th to September 17th, you will be able to download Heracross or Pinsir to your X & Y games over the Internet. In addition to that, if you go to Gamestop stores from August 18th to August 31st, you'll be able to receive a special serial code to download the Heracronite or Pinsirite Mega Stones. We'll provide full details on this event as it comes, including if it is in other regions.
Edit @ 16:02: Heracross comes at Level 50 with the moves Bullet Seed, Pin Missile, Close Combat, and Megahorn and will download to Pokémon X while Pinsir also comes at Level 50 with the moves X-Scissor, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Return and will download to Pokémon Y. Their abilities are random and they both have a set nature of Adamant. The Mega Stone event sends Heracronite to Pokémon X and Pinsirite to Pokémon Y.

La Volpe
Niiiiiiiiiiiice.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

For those of you in North America, the new Internet event is now live! From August 13th to September 17th, you will be able to download Heracross to your Pokémon X or Pinsir to your Pokémon Y games over the Mystery Gift via Internet. This event is running in conjunction with an event running in Gamestop from Monday next week where you can download their specific Mega Stone. Be sure to download today
Katze
Hey guys, maybe you can help me with this problem:

years ago i finished playing pokemon channel and got a jirachi for that. since that day it sits on my
pokemon ruby version. yesterday, i downloaded the poke-mover and tried to transfer it from black 2 to my pokemon x edition
and it didnt work because something was wrong with the pokemon. this is the only "event", well cant even say event-pokemon i have and i researched
this problem on the internet and most of the people said that only cheated pokemon cant be transferred? well my jirachi is not cheated, its the original jirachi from pokemon channel,.. do you guys know any solution to this problem? i'd be glad to hear some
Jindujun93
Is your Jirachi by any chance a shiny one? I've researched a bit on that, and apparently any Shiny Jirachi won't go through no matter whether it's legit or not (you could reset the one you got from Channel to get a shiny one), so that might be the reason for your problems.
Katze

Jindujun93 wrote:

Is your Jirachi by any chance a shiny one? I've researched a bit on that, and apparently any Shiny Jirachi won't go through no matter whether it's legit or not (you could reset the one you got from Channel to get a shiny one), so that might be the reason for your problems.
No its not even a shiny one, its a regular jirachi, i didnt do anything with it!
Azure_Kite
This may be silly, but by any chance is your gamecube and pokemon channel NTSC?
Katze
No, both are PAL.
NaomiMinette
WISHMKR Jirachi (Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc) can go through fine...
Azure_Kite
From brief research on the matter, Pokemon Channel Jirachi should be fine, too.

Is there another pokemon in your party that could be causing the error? What happens if you catch a magikarp or something generic in Black 2, then only have that and Jirachi in your party?
Katze
sorry for replying so late! i tried what you said and i can't transfer it. from what i've googled it should be fine too, but it won't let me transfer it. i've tried multiple legendaries now and they all work, just my jirachi can't move.
Stefan
Maybe the moves are the issue? This can if the pokemon has something that the Pokemover doesn't accept it for whatever reasons cause this Problem. (Would wonder what moves Blaze's WISHMKR Jirachi has to compare it with Katze's one)
Azure_Kite
By the looks of it, unlikely.

NaomiMinette

Stefan wrote:

Maybe the moves are the issue? This can if the pokemon has something that the Pokemover doesn't accept it for whatever reasons cause this Problem. (Would wonder what moves Blaze's WISHMKR Jirachi has to compare it with Katze's one)
The ones (yes, multiple) I transferred had Psychic, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, & Water Pulse, and they all checked out fine. Dunno what's Katze's Jirachi's problem =/

(And I doubt this has any relevancy, but all the Jirachi I transferred had Pokérus.)
Jindujun93
After doing some research on it, >>this here<< seems to be the most likely issue. Now while this guide talks about it appearing while generating Pokemon, it actually applies to some Pokemon you caught normally in Gen 3 as well. I don't know the exact mechanics behind it, nor will I do further research on it to try to understand it, but apparently when you transfer Pokemon from Generation 3 to Generation 4, sometimes a portion of the bytes gets converted into those 'trash bytes'. From what I gather it seems to come from combinations in terms of OT name, name of the Pokemon and a few internal values you won't see anyways.
Now I don't know how close this actually is to the real reason why that Jirachi won't get transferred over, but it does seem to be at least a possible solution.
Azure_Kite
It's no solution, really. It involves using PokeEdit/equivalent to forcibly change the Jirachi. That would (in their case), involve either an R4'd DS and some technical shenaniganry, or a USB dongle that extracts the .sav file from the nds cartridge for use on the PC.

At that point it would be easier to forge your own pokemon than it would be to try and fix this one.
Jindujun93
My bad, wrong choice of words. Didn't mean to say possible solution, but rather possible cause.
Just wanted to point out it's a possibility anyways - might be that this one won't be able to get over at all.
Katze
I didn't mean to cause any problems guys! If I can't trade it, then it's perfectly fine for me. The whole point of my first post was to ask you if you had any solutions for this because I didn't get why it wouldn't transfer. A Jirachi is, as far as I know not even needed to complete the Pokedex? If so, I can live with it being on my Black 2, if it is needed, I'm sure I can find someone on here who is willing to trade it with me (just for the Pokedex entry)! I'm happy about all the help I got and I'm just posting this to let you guys know that suggestions are welcome but you don't really need to get out of your way to help me and solve this completely!
Jindujun93
Luckily, to get the completition reward of the Pokedex Jirachi (as well as any other event Pokemon) isn't required. If you want it to be truly completed, you can of course always ask somebody to trade it to you, naturally.
NaomiMinette
Well... considering event Pokémon can't even be Wonder Traded, I've been stuck with like 70 (originally 100) extra WISHMKR Jirachi ever since February. If you really want one, you'll have to PM me a time that works for you. (Yes, this also applies to everyone else here.)
Azure_Kite
I would really love to get one, myself. It is the only Legendary I actually need to complete my dex apart from Mew.
Jindujun93
Same here, if you could spare one. Right now I don't really have the time to trade, though since Jirachi is one of the only two entries I'm missing that offer would actually be rather nice. Will probably contact you later.

Also, I could provide that Mew for you, Azure_Kite. Just send me a message at some point and I'll see what we can do about that.
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

I would really love to get one, myself. It is the only Legendary I actually need to complete my dex apart from Mew.
Could've sworn I gave you a Jirachi already... but if I didn't, I'm really sorry x.x

Also, though I do have a spare Mew, I can't transfer it at the moment (it's stuck on my White 2, and I didn't renew my Pokémon Bank pass).

Jindujun93 wrote:

Same here, if you could spare one. Right now I don't really have the time to trade, though since Jirachi is one of the only two entries I'm missing that offer would actually be rather nice. Will probably contact you later.
Try to get ahold of me when it's like the afternoon or nighttime for you. Trade complete!
mm201
Get on altwfc and I'll take that Mew off your hands. :P
NaomiMinette
For those who haven't gotten the Pokémon Bank Celebi yet, you'd better grab it while you can--the distribution ends after the end of this month.
Lanturn
Free Pumpkaboo on X/Y for those that want it. Shiny Gengar will be out in two weeks from Gamestop.

http://xy4.pokemontcgxy.com/halloween/e ... #pumpkaboo

Available in both NA/Europe via internet Mystery Gift. Go get yours. It can come with its Hidden Ability Insomnia as well!

show more