forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rorona
So uh...Pokemon hunting because I found some good things.

If anyone has a decently IV'd Horsea/HA Zangoose, I'll trade for them.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Blazevoir wrote:

So like... I know I already have Y, but I'm 1/2 away from getting a free X... (Curse this promo ><)

EDIT:

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon X & Y

The official site has revealed that the Darkrai, to be given out with the preordered tickets of the movie, Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie, will come holding an Enigma Berry. As we listed on Thursday, the Darkrai comes with the moves Dark Void, Dark Pulse, Phantom Force & Dream Eater. We'll bring more on this event as it comes
Wait, what... so how do we get Diancie? o.0
sounds like Diancie will come out at a different time.
didn't we get Keldeo shortly after it's movie was released?
NaomiMinette
I honestly don't remember... lol.

Either way, I definitely wanna raise a Diancie now x.x
DestinySonata

Blazevoir wrote:

I honestly don't remember... lol.

Either way, I definitely wanna raise a Diancie now x.x
same, but how is it obtained? D:
Topic Starter
deadbeat
we don't know how to get Diancie yet. it's a event pokemon, but the event type hasn't been released yet afaik
DestinySonata

deadbeat wrote:

we don't know how to get Diancie yet. it's a event pokemon, but the event type hasn't been released yet afaik
I just hope it would be accessible here
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i'm hoping it'll be a standard GTS event. though pokebank event is possible as well :(
DestinySonata
oh right, pokebank. screw that
NaomiMinette

deadbeat wrote:

i'm hoping it'll be a standard GTS event. though pokebank event is possible as well :(
Don't you mean Mystery Gift? Or do you mean Pokémon Global Link giving it like they did for the Discount Coupon?
mm201
I think he means Pokebank like they did with Celebi. I hope they don't since you can't SR for nature/IVs.
NaomiMinette
My bad... I should've removed the Pokémon Bank part in the quote. I was asking him what he meant by GTS event.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
well, whatever replaced the GTS in gen 6. haven't played pokemon in a while, so forgot what the actual name is x.x
NaomiMinette
The GTS still exists in X/Y o.o
Soaprman
A couple gifs, from my game boy to your web browser...

And the gallery of Team Flare gifs from a while back for those who missed it: http://imgur.com/a/qbpNe
Yocake
I miss you so much, boss ;w;
Ekaru
So, who wants to join us on the "HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT?" train?
NaomiMinette
*waves arm wildly* MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Myrmeleo

Blazevoir wrote:

*waves arm wildly* MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Soaprman
I actually did notice it the first time I played...
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

I actually did notice it the first time I played...
omg you are actually observant what a noob
Sapphiire_old_1
from where is the right pic ?
NaomiMinette

SoG Tava wrote:

from where is the right pic ?
That's Santalune Forest (AKA this Gen's Viridian Forest).
mm201
I noticed they were similar, "GF's out of ideas," etc. but I didn't think they were identical...
Rorona
I wouldn't quite say you'd be running out of ideas if you used the same map as a previous game. I think it was just a nod to the players who would notice saying like "Hey! We remember." Or at least something like that.
DestinySonata
even playing the first gen, second gen and their remakes, i still didn't spot that.
must be because i was too busy actually playing the game. and i never went back there to see
mm201

Rorona wrote:

I wouldn't quite say you'd be running out of ideas if you used the same map as a previous game. I think it was just a nod to the players who would notice saying like "Hey! We remember." Or at least something like that.
That's the difference between similar and identical. Identical would be an appeal to nostalgia, whereas similar would mean they couldn't think of a better design. I mistook which it was.
DestinySonata
I always wondered...
In Pokebank, gen 5 is blocked from it and can only transfer to it and not back. Gen 6 can use it transfer to it and take it back as well. When gen 7 comes, how will Pokebank be? Will gen 6 be introduced to limits such as only being able to use boxes 1-10 (whilst gen 7 can use the rest)? Or will gen 6 see gen 7 pokemon as ? Pokemon that cannot be transferred?
it is mind boggling! lol
rust45
Possibly be similar to how the time capsule in Gen II worked which only allowed you to send back Gen I pokemon that didn't know any Gen II moves.
DestinySonata

rust45 wrote:

Possibly be similar to how the time capsule in Gen II worked which only allowed you to send back Gen I pokemon that didn't know any Gen II moves.
Ah, that would make sense
mm201

DestinySonata wrote:

I always wondered...
In Pokebank, gen 5 is blocked from it and can only transfer to it and not back. Gen 6 can use it transfer to it and take it back as well. When gen 7 comes, how will Pokebank be? Will gen 6 be introduced to limits such as only being able to use boxes 1-10 (whilst gen 7 can use the rest)? Or will gen 6 see gen 7 pokemon as ? Pokemon that cannot be transferred?
it is mind boggling! lol
When they were trying to excuse all the restrictions in place on Pokebank, one of the things they said is that they plan for it to be a very long-term service. It seems likely they'll go the time capsule route at the very least.
NaomiMinette
I'm sorry, but I just can't see a Gen 7 happening... They've GOT to be running out of ideas by now.
mm201

Blazevoir wrote:

I'm sorry, but I just can't see a Gen 7 happening... They've GOT to be running out of ideas by now.
People say that every generation. Literally. And they're proven wrong every time. :P

(And even if they ran out of ideas, there's too much money to be made to just quit. Even a generation with, say, 50 new Pokémon would sell really well if there's a good region design behind it, and believe me, they haven't come anywhere near to exhausting region design ideas.)
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

Honestly i don't even want a 7th gen i still buy the new pokemon games when they come out but i kinda lost my passion from pokemon since gen 4

I would be so much more happier if they make a gen 3 remake that would be awsome
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

People say that every generation. Literally. And they're proven wrong every time. :P

(And even if they ran out of ideas, there's too much money to be made to just quit. Even a generation with, say, 50 new Pokémon would sell really well if there's a good region design behind it, and believe me, they haven't come anywhere near to exhausting region design ideas.)
I'm being serious this time, though. The past Gens I didn't care either way, but this time... Like seriously, wtf @ Klefki.

SoG Tava wrote:

I would be so much more happier if they make a gen 3 remake that would be awsome
As long as others' Secret Bases are accessible not just by Streetpass but also Spotpass/online mixing records, I'm not complaining :P
Sapphiire_old_1

I know those are fanmade but those are so nice :)
NaomiMinette
Oh wow... though I think if Gen III remakes were made, they'd probably use Gen VI's style.
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Like seriously, wtf @ Klefki.
Klefki's one of my favorite designs this gen. Yes, it's based off of a keychain. That is what's so cool about it. They took an inanimate object and made it into a steel fairy cutie with a sensible explanation for why it has keys.
Sapphiire_old_1

Ekaru wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

Klefki's one of my favorite designs this gen. Yes, it's based off of a keychain. That is what's so cool about it. They took an inanimate object and made it into a steel fairy cutie with a sensible explanation for why it has keys.
Aye i agree every gen has his wtf pokemon and tbh i kinda like klefki its cute

Gen 1 : Almost all of them were unoriginal in a way. If you look at it, they're just recolored animals for the most part, although we still love them all. However, Seel has to take the crown here. I mean, it's a seal... named seel. WTF.

Gen2:Stantler. I guarantee that gen2 was the least memorable of them all.

Gen3: Gen3 had a lot of weird shit come out of it. That being said, out of the 135 new pokemon they introduced, only 2 were additions to previous generation pokemon lines (if I'm not forgetting something). The other 133 pokemon were completely new, which is a lot of completely original pokemon lines, making it one of the more creative of the series. I mean, a lot of people complain about the 3rd generation, but 95% of those complains is because they couldn't trade with their GameBoy Pokemon games. That's it. However, my main beef with the 3rd gen games is the staggering number of water pokemon in the game. Sure, it makes sense, seeing how Hoenn is a series of islands (the kyuushuu islands to be exact). But they do get annoying. I don't like Zangoose. I mean, I know it's supposed to be a mongoose, but still... what were they thinking when they drew it?

Gen4: The series of family extensions. Porygon-Z. Just in cause Porygon2 wasn't annoying enough, we make it stronger and move the body parts about so they look all fancy and newage. Win? I think not.

Gen5: i don't even want to talk about this gen ...
mathexpert
Yeah, I really love klefki as well <3

DestinySonata

Blazevoir wrote:

I absolutely love Klefki. That keychain's a beast in battles
show more