forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
DestinySonata
I hope it's not Nature / IV locked.
NaomiMinette
Yeah... like Celebi >_> (Anyone have a Modest one, btw?)
Rorona
I'm pretty sure it'd be shiny locked, otherwise the game would be flooded with shiny versions of it.

if it were to be shiny, it'd probably be given away in an event shiny.
Sethlied
I have every single shiny pokemon.
soft reset and action replay
sayaka-miki
there's easier ways to catch shinies now but i'm just really entertained with playing with yveltal in pokemon amie for some reason.
DestinySonata
I still don't feel the jump in shiny encounter rate >.>
South
i caught a random shiney zubat while i was on my way to the daycare center
Myrmeleo
I'm so bad at my completing my pokedex lol.

463 or w/e. Anyone want to take the time to trade 200+ pokes and back.
mathexpert
somewhat unrelated to the discussion at hand, but I got a kick out of this :

Trash Boat
lol but what about Feebas?
Myrmeleo

Trash Boat wrote:

lol but what about Feebas?
Is Feebas's shiny form solid gold?

Didn't think so
mathexpert
Tell 'em, myrmelo my brothaa
Sethlied
milotic has a golden tail
Faust
Yeah that informtative picture reminded me of Vsauce3's video about how a Magikarp would own you.
Sapphiire_old_1

Rorona wrote:

I'm pretty sure it'd be shiny locked
what do you mean by that , does it mean u cant get it in its shiny form ?
NaomiMinette
So I was doing my usual dailies on my Y. When I go to a Pokémon Center, I thought my game froze. Suddenly, birthday stuffs (yes, today's my birthday as of this post and according to my timezone)!

Also, I figured out how you get the birthday Puffs: you get them when you switch to the Amie screen and (I guess) put a Puff down. When the visiting Pokémon are done talking/eating, they leave behind a gift that contains said birthday Puff. I managed to get three of them this way <3
DestinySonata
^Happy birthday!
I don't use Poke Amie much, because imo it's a waste of time. Even though it's a waste of time, it's amusing to see Legendary Pokemon in there. I usually get my Poke Puffs by playing the mini games with my Pokemon.

SoG Tava wrote:

Rorona wrote:

I'm pretty sure it'd be shiny locked
what do you mean by that , does it mean u cant get it in its shiny form ?
Yes, and we could only get it through hacking or event release.
Trash Boat
happy birthday Blazevoir! i made a birthday thread for you. here
t/187321
Topic Starter
deadbeat
and you decided to post that here because?
mm201
If anyone has a 4/5 IV female Lucario and/or a 4/5 IV Skarmory, I'd be grateful. I've made a list of stuff I can offer. Right now the list is mostly from memory so I'll fix it up later with more details.

I really need Stealth Rock and Brave Bird on the Skarmory.
Zerostarry
Dunno if anyone cares but I was casually playing through Soul Silver and got a shiny togepi from Mr. Pokemon. I didn't know it was a shiny until a couple hours later, when I used it in battle and saw the sparkle. I named it after my favourite anime, but I probably wouldn't have done this if I knew it was shiny.

DestinySonata
People and there shiny lucks! I haven't got anything after 300 hours of gameplay...
Oh and are 6 IV Dittos still hard to get?
Ciunek
I don't think 6V dittos can be legitely obtained. The ones I got were from 4chan/some japanese streamer and my friend cloned them enough for every of my friends to get one. Your best bet is probably to ask somewhere in 4chan's /vp/.
El Koko
does anyone have a Prankster Murkrow caught in a completely normal Pokéball? I don't even care about nature or ivs I just want the HA and normal pokéball.

why did they allow ball inheritance? this sucks...

edit: nevermind don't need it anymore. i have some 5iv pinsir + ha + qa, if anyone wants, they're free
Rorona

Ciunek wrote:

I don't think 6V dittos can be legitely obtained. The ones I got were from 4chan/some japanese streamer and my friend cloned them enough for every of my friends to get one. Your best bet is probably to ask somewhere in 4chan's /vp/.
they should be legitimately obtainable, because of the way breeding works, just the chances are crazy low.
Jinxy

Rorona wrote:

Ciunek wrote:

they should be legitimately obtainable, because of the way breeding works, just the chances are crazy low.
Dittoes can't be bred, the only way is a 6IV from the wild
DestinySonata
for more chances it should be @ the safari right?
Ciunek
Safari mons are guaranteed to get 2x31 IV at least. I got 3x31 max, but I didn't really farm them a lot.
DestinySonata
i got a 4 IV once in there, but that's it.
And I heard something about high Shiny chances, but I've never seen one in there
Jinxy
Friend Safari has 2IV, odds are literally like in a million for a 6IV.

Radar chaining dittoes to 60 will give guaranteed 3IV, odds are 1/32768 for a 6IV.
DestinySonata
I have never gotten to chain 60. I don't have the patience to do it
I thought it was easy at first, but kept failing every 7 chains
NaomiMinette

DestinySonata wrote:

I heard something about high Shiny chances, but I've never seen one in there
Finding shinies in Safaris = max PokéRadar chain, and apparently this DOES stack with the Shiny Charm (though I found a shiny Pokémon even without the Charm).
Azure_Kite
I found two Safari shinies in the space of 5 minutes. A Dunsparce and a Ditto.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon X & Y - Ranking Details

The Global Link has updated with a brand new feature. For all the Rating Battles in the game, it now ranks the Top 12 Pokémon used in each sort of battle. With this, when you click the Pokémon, you will see a ranking of all the moves, natures, abilities and items that were used by players for it based on percentage. You can also navigate around and get details on every single Pokémon that was used by anyone in the competition. It also lists moved used by the Pokémon that typically result in a win, and ones used against it that typically end with it fainting as well as the Pokémon typically used with that Pokémon in a team. These rankings will continue through the Global Link continually as time progresses and can help you plan a team
"WELCOME TO GLOBAL LINK, WHERE WE EXPOSE YOUR POKEMON!" >_>
Trash Boat
resuming, they made a tier, right?
mm201
So in other words, metagame threat lists. <3

inb4 every team has Mega Kangaskhan/Gengar, Gale Wings Talonflame, and choice Aqua Jet Azumarill
NaomiMinette

mm201 wrote:

Gale Wings Talonflame
I don't doubt this one at all.
Sapphiire_old_1

mm201 wrote:

inb4 every team has Mega Kangaskhan/Gengar, Gale Wings Talonflame, and choice Aqua Jet Azumarill
Don't forget Rotom-W, Aegislash and Greninja
Ciunek
You -REALLY- forgot Garchomp? Most used pokemon in Doubles metagame currently.
Trash Boat
of course we didnt. its just they are still shocked by Mega Garchomp
show more