forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Azure_Kite
Welp.

Not much of a reveal, at this point though.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
true, but i don't think we had any dates before
DestinySonata
If the leaked pictures were true, it seems like a good Pokemon to use instead of Carbink. Since both are the only two Pokemon who has the Fairy/Rock type combination. Looking at Diancie's stats though they seem identical to Carbink's stats but better in Speed, Attack and Special Attack.

Seems like a good staller. I hope it gets Recover. Will definitely use!
NaomiMinette
I'm just wondering how we'll get it...
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i'm hoping it's not a gameshop distribution :(
GTS best distribution method
NaomiMinette

deadbeat wrote:

i'm hoping it's not a gameshop distribution :(
GTS best distribution method
My guesses:

1) From a patch/DLC that will add a "missing" mini-game (Rhyhorn Racing outside Santalune City, bike racing in Cyllage City, some rollerskating mini-game somewhere) that you have to beat in order to unlock said Legendary.
2) Wi-fi Mystery Gift
3) Locally-hosted event at places like GameStop
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i'm thinking some sort of ticket or something from the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift now.
from what i know, we normally get tickets in such each generation. i know there were some in gen III and at least 1 in gen V
NaomiMinette
Oh yeah... I forgot about those. It'd make the most sense since the train in Lumiose was only used once (unless you didn't have a Pokémon with Fly).
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Blazevoir wrote:

Oh yeah... I forgot about those. It'd make the most sense since the train in Lumiose was only used once (unless you didn't have a Pokémon with Fly).
i'm wondering if they'll do the same distribution for each of the 3 legendaries. or 3 different methos
i'll cry if it's localized to japan
Azure_Kite

deadbeat wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

i'm wondering if they'll do the same distribution for each of the 3 legendaries. or 3 different methos
i'll cry if it's localized to japan
For a game with a simultaneous international release, that kinda seems like a dick move.

Then again, Pokebank
DestinySonata
Maybe they'll give it the same way they gave Celebi
NaomiMinette
Inb4making us use Pokémon Bank past the trial, HURR HURR!

...Please don't kill me =c
mathexpert
Holy shit. I'm officially convinced that the shiny charm stacks with masuda method. I was working on completing my living pokedex, and I breed 5 eggs at a time, and hatch all of them at once. I got 2 shiny pokemon out of the 5 eggs with me...a shiny shinx and a shiny kricketot. If my math is in right, that's a 2/(1024^5) chance, or .0000000000000000776% chance. Kricketot looks decent, but I really like the shinx (and future luxray)~
NaomiMinette
That was confirmed last page... lol. Anyway, more Serebii stuff!

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon - CoroCoro Reveals

Clearer images of CoroCoro have been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about Diancie. Specifically, it reveals that Diancie's ability is Clear Body, and states that it can learn moves like Hyper Beam & Explosion, and showcases the new movie poster featuring Diancie with details saying that the movie is "A grand adventure with the princess of the Diamond Mine Country". Not much else is known at this time
Edit @ 07:03: A new distribution event has also been announced. Within next month's CoroCoro, a special Serial Code is to be released. This Serial Code, like the Garchomp one last year, provides one-time access to a special Charizard. If you are playing Pokémon X, it will give you a Charizard holding Charizardite Y. If you are playing Pokémon Y, it will give you a Charizard holding Charizardite X
Snepif

mathexpert wrote:

If my math is in right
Well, you ARE the mathexpert.
mathexpert

Blazevoir wrote:

That was confirmed last page... lol.
well, there's actually some evidence that it might not stack. Ingame, it says "A shiny charm said to increase the chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon in the wild" – Pokemon that are bred are not wild. This is a new description of the shiny charm, and therefore the one in 1024 percent chance may only apply for last gen.

Also, on serebii, they say that
As of Pokémon X & Y, the rate increases from the standard 1 in 4096 to 1 in 1365.3. It is not known if it affects breeding
,in regards to the shiny charm. Lastly, the base chance to find a shiny in xy has improved(from 1/ 8192 to 1/4096). Therefore, in xy the chances, if they do stack, for a shiny through charm + masuda might actually be better than 1/1024.

source: http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/shinycharm.shtml
Rorona
Um...if anyone has a Zangoose with the hidden ability, I'll trade for it.

I was thinking that if you use the hidden ability along with toxic orb/facade, lots of damage.
Ciunek

mathexpert wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

That was confirmed last page... lol.
well, there's actually some evidence that it might not stack. Ingame, it says "A shiny charm said to increase the chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon in the wild" – Pokemon that are bred are not wild. This is a new description of the shiny charm, and therefore the one in 1024 percent chance may only apply for last gen.
That's because for some reason English translation for the game added "in the wild" out of damn nowhere. Japanese text for Shiny Charm is EXACTLY the same as it was in gen5 games.

posting pic when I find one

----
there we go

If you need the text from above: 持っていると ひかる ポケモンと 出会いやすくなる といわれる 不思議で ひかりかがやく おまもり。
sayaka-miki
i think they're going to be releasing them with some patch. but a wi-fi distribution also seems likely.

they were already found in the game's code, so there might be some code preventing us from actually finding it within the game or triggering a special event that allows it to appear.

i wonder how they're going to release the other two legendaries that were revealed along with diancie.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon X & Y - Diancie

Diancie has been officially revealed for North America. Within this reveal, it was confirmed that it will be within the new movie and that its distribution method will be revealed at a later point. It also states that it was a sudden transformation of the Pokémon Carbink, and that its body is said to be the loveliest sight in the world. Groups of Carbink tend to gather around Diancie, but Diancie pays them little heed and acts only according to its own will.
They also inadvertently revealed the shiny form of Diancie on the official site, where it has darker rocks and a pink body.

mm201
So does this imply Diancie actually won't be shiny locked? (It'd be the first time a hidden legendary isn't locked since Shaymin.) Or it's at least a Genesect type deal where a shiny distribution is done.
DestinySonata
I hope it's not Nature / IV locked.
NaomiMinette
Yeah... like Celebi >_> (Anyone have a Modest one, btw?)
Rorona
I'm pretty sure it'd be shiny locked, otherwise the game would be flooded with shiny versions of it.

if it were to be shiny, it'd probably be given away in an event shiny.
Sethlied
I have every single shiny pokemon.
soft reset and action replay
sayaka-miki
there's easier ways to catch shinies now but i'm just really entertained with playing with yveltal in pokemon amie for some reason.
DestinySonata
I still don't feel the jump in shiny encounter rate >.>
South
i caught a random shiney zubat while i was on my way to the daycare center
Myrmeleo
I'm so bad at my completing my pokedex lol.

463 or w/e. Anyone want to take the time to trade 200+ pokes and back.
mathexpert
somewhat unrelated to the discussion at hand, but I got a kick out of this :

Trash Boat
lol but what about Feebas?
Myrmeleo

Trash Boat wrote:

lol but what about Feebas?
Is Feebas's shiny form solid gold?

Didn't think so
mathexpert
Tell 'em, myrmelo my brothaa
Sethlied
milotic has a golden tail
Faust
Yeah that informtative picture reminded me of Vsauce3's video about how a Magikarp would own you.
Sapphiire_old_1

Rorona wrote:

I'm pretty sure it'd be shiny locked
what do you mean by that , does it mean u cant get it in its shiny form ?
NaomiMinette
So I was doing my usual dailies on my Y. When I go to a Pokémon Center, I thought my game froze. Suddenly, birthday stuffs (yes, today's my birthday as of this post and according to my timezone)!

Also, I figured out how you get the birthday Puffs: you get them when you switch to the Amie screen and (I guess) put a Puff down. When the visiting Pokémon are done talking/eating, they leave behind a gift that contains said birthday Puff. I managed to get three of them this way <3
DestinySonata
^Happy birthday!
I don't use Poke Amie much, because imo it's a waste of time. Even though it's a waste of time, it's amusing to see Legendary Pokemon in there. I usually get my Poke Puffs by playing the mini games with my Pokemon.

SoG Tava wrote:

Rorona wrote:

I'm pretty sure it'd be shiny locked
what do you mean by that , does it mean u cant get it in its shiny form ?
Yes, and we could only get it through hacking or event release.
Trash Boat
happy birthday Blazevoir! i made a birthday thread for you. here
t/187321
Topic Starter
deadbeat
and you decided to post that here because?
show more