forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
mathexpert

Plushies wrote:

Has anyone bred Foul Play Mandibuzz, Curse Snorlax, Thick Fat Mamoswine, or Trevenant and have spare 3-5 IV ones I can trade for? ;_;

4-5 IV Pokes I can trade
Poorly organized list with natures, egg moves, and HA.

Dratini Adamant Multiscale
Noibat Timid Switcheroo
Honedge Adamant
Larvesta Modest
Charmander Adamant Dragon Dance
Scyther Adamant
Chansey Calm Seismic Toss + Aromatherapy
Gligar Impish Immunity
Ferroseed Relaxed 0Spe IV Seed Bomb + Leech Seed + Stealth Rock + Spikes
Marill Adamant Belly Drum + Aqua Jet
Bulbasaur Modest Chlorophyll Giga Drain
Deino Modest
Beldum Adamant
Joltik Timid
Froakie Timid Protean
Litwik Timid Infiltrator
Clauncher Modest
Frillish Calm Acid Armor + Pain Split
Eevee Calm/Timid/Modest Anticipation Wish
Gible Jolly Rough Skin Iron Head

Classes started so I don't have as much time anymore and I'm lazy so it would be appreciated if anyone can hit me up.
I have a 5IV adamant thick fat swinub w/ icicle crash; can I trade it for your Chansey? I already have your fc, so I'll give it to you when I see you online or something.
NaomiMinette
Shohei Ohtani

Blazevoir wrote:

The good news: the X/Y Pokémon Global Link will open its first Attraction on January 14!

The bad news: it's also the same date when Gen V's PGL will shut down. Hope you transferred what you can...

I better go do that, lol. My brother gave me his copy of White to transfer pokemon over, but I've been too lazy to do it

That, and I've never played White or White 2 before, lol.
Trash Boat
it was fun while it lasted. did u get all special Pokémon that has only been distributed via Dream World, Blaze?
NaomiMinette
Like one of the Eeveelutions having their Hidden Ability and Arceus? Yes.

If you mean all the Pokémon that Dream World had to offer, no, but that doesn't matter anyway.
Norbi
I'm not even worrying about that now, if I need any kind of pokémon, I can get it anyways.
Jinxy
There was a VGC tournament today, and I did better than expected (4 wins, 2 losses, overall 9th). Top cut was 8 people, unfortunately, so I didn't get in. It was a really fun event, and I also got to meet Pasonia who was also participating.

Battle 1
447G-WWWW-WWW4-G8Y2 - Win

Admittedly, I still wasn't too focused in this battle. I managed to get very lucky with Thunderbolt paralyzing Aegislash, and then getting a full paralysis next turn, which let my Lucario survive. If it had went down, I wouldn't have been able to take out Rotom as well and it might have cost me the match.

Battle 2
ZLSG-WWWW-WWW4-G8YT - Win

I managed to get an early lead thanks to my Mamoswine, and once again, I get lucky with a burn on Meowstic and severely shortening its lifespan. It becomes more critical late game to avoid facing down two god damn Swagger-Foul Play Pranksters

Battle 3
HJ4W-WWWW-WWW4-G8J9 - Loss

I thought I was facing down a Trick Room team, but he decided not to use it, I guess. I was insanely scared of Mawile when it appeared. I then misjudged the threat that Talonflame and Scrafty posed to Lucario. My plan was to redirect Talonflame's faster Flare Blitz away from Lucario, giving it the time to take out Talonflame and then outspeed Scrafty next turn. However, he went for Brave Bird, and then Scrafty OHKO'd Lucario. I don't know what he was holding, but the possibility of an unboosted OHKO was 6%. The odds went in his favour big time.

After the battle, I realized I could have Protected on Amoonguss instead of Rage Powder and took out Talonflame, because Lucario can't be OHKO'd by Brave Bird and Scrafty can not beat Amoonguss 1v1. Hindsight 20/20 and all that.

Battle 4
KNSW-WWWW-WWW4-G8KW - Win

This guy threw me in for a loop. I thought it was a DrizzleSwim combo, but then Kingdra used Focus Energy so I thought it was Sniper. And THEN it outsped and it turns out it was Swift Swim the whole time, but still having 100% 1.5x crits. Of course, priority still beats speed and I also got lucky by Critting it with Talonflame. And then the bane of Rain teams, Amoonguss, appears and shuts down his team while Lucario cleaned up.

Battle 5
KJRG-WWWW-WWW4-G8LH - Win

Espeon was a really weird choice, and Aegislash also chose not to go back into King's Shield for some reason, allowing me to take both out without them ever threatening the team much. I knew his Talonflame was a larger threat to Lucario than Kangaskhan, but I didn't want to give them a free turn so I made Mamoswine, who couldn't threatenhis Talonflame at all, stay in, though I could probably have gotten Rotom-W in while Quick Guarding the obvious Fake Out and Brave Bird. I have no idea why he tried to Sucker Punch my faster Talonflame. He rightly considered Lucario a greater threat than Rotom-W, but that just let my Rotom-W get a free kill on his Talonflame while Lucario protected.

Battle 6
No battle video. - Loss
(My) Talonflame, Mamoswine, Rotom-W, Amoonguss v.s. (His) Rotom-H, Azumarill, Dragonite, Trevanant

Oh man, this match. I was obviously in a worse situation to start with, but I chose to stay in and try to beat Rotom-H, the largest threat (or so I thought) to Amoonguss. I set up Tailwind and started spamming Brave Birds and Rock Slides. Eventually, Talonflame and Rotom-H died, Dragonite switched in, and I got my 45% HP Mamoswine to bail, switching in Rotom-W and Amoonguss. Took out Azumarill next, and I realised that Mamoswine was critical to beating Dragonite and Trevenant. He took out Rotom-W, and I somehow disconnected.

The judge looked at my Scarfed Mamoswine and his team, and judged that the battle still did not have a clearwinner since I could outspeed and KO both pokemon, as long as Amoonguss provided the right support, while he could predict me properly and stall out my burned Amoonguss, leaving Mamo with no support. A draw wasn't a choice, because this was the last round of battles to decide the Top Cut. We then battled again, but we had to use the exact same 4 pokemon.

Obviously, now I knew Azumarill would start with an Aqua Jet and he knew Mamoswine was the largest threat to his team, so I got Talonflame to Quick Guard, buying Mamoswine a turn. I made Talonflame attack next turn, and everything went wrong here. Azumarill crit Aqua Jet and OHKO'd my Mamoswine, and basically destroyed any chance I had to win. After that turn, I realised that Azumarill was Choice Banded, meaning I could have avoided Mamoswine's death by spamming Quick Guard! It was too late then, and the last 2 Pokemon was my Rotom-W against his Trevenant. It went as well as you'd expect. After the match, he went to report the results before I was even asked to save a battle video, so that's why there wasn't one.

The tourney used the Swiss system, and I was considered the highest rated 4win player as my first loss was to a player who would proceed to 5win. However, I didn't make 8th because 8th had 4.5 wins. As it turns out, on the first round, two players ended up in an Black Sludge Amoonguss mirror match where neither could deal enough damage to KO the other, and they called it a draw, causing both to get 0.5 points.
La Volpe
Hey Jinxy, good job man you did well. Sucks you didnt get top 8.
El Koko
Hi guys

uhm, I've been completing the national Pokédex the past few days and today I have every pokémon that is not a legendary, meaning I'm missing:

I have pretty much nothing to offer for any of them:

-HG/SS Zapdos
-Zygarde

However I can take my time and breed any perfect, 5IV pokémon you may want in exhange for any of the pokémon listed above (not excluding genderless pokémon - although those are going to take a loooot of time)

and... that's it. I'll take anything, hoping you guys can help me here (:
NaomiMinette
If Pokémon Bank would come out for the rest of the world...
mathexpert
NINTENDO PLEASE GIVE US POKEBANK ;_; ;_;
Ciunek
Kokozord: you don't need any of event pokemons for pokedex completion/Shiny Charm reward, meaning you don't have to get:Mew, Celebi,Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Victini. Also I'm sorry, but I can't help you the ones you need, I didn't keep legends I traded from GTS.
NaomiMinette
The Balloon Popping Attraction as well as a one-time Discount Coupon for purchasing something in a Boutique is now available in the 3DS Pokémon Global Link!

Here's how to play it as well as all the prizes you can earn!
Trash Boat
and the Unova Global Link has been permanently closed

but this isn't the end, just the beginning of a new age
[ Raxu ]

Blazevoir wrote:

But wasnt the original release date for pokebank (27 Dec) postponed due to an error they found? O_o So i dont really get what you mean by rest of the world :l
[ Raxu ]

Kokozord wrote:

Hi guys

uhm, I've been completing the national Pokédex the past few days and today I have every pokémon that is not a legendary, meaning I'm missing:

I have pretty much nothing to offer for any of them:

-HG/SS Zapdos
-Zygarde

However I can take my time and breed any perfect, 5IV pokémon you may want in exhange for any of the pokémon listed above (not excluding genderless pokémon - although those are going to take a loooot of time)

and... that's it. I'll take anything, hoping you guys can help me here (:
Im not sure if this will help you much, but I have a legit Phione that I can give you :P
NaomiMinette

[ Raxu ] wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

But wasnt the original release date for pokebank (27 Dec) postponed due to an error they found? O_o So i dont really get what you mean by rest of the world :l
Pokémon Bank only works and is out in Japan at the moment, hence rest of the world.
El Koko

[ Raxu ] wrote:

Im not sure if this will help you much, but I have a legit Phione that I can give you :P
Good enough, I'll take it. Let me know what you want in exchange (didn't see your FC in the google doc - here's mine: 3840 6502 9318)
La Volpe
I got some Growlithes with Close Combat/Flare Blitz to giveaway if anyone is interested just send me a PM. :)
Shohei Ohtani
I'm lucky and got my SoulSilver stuff onto my brother's Black 2 before losing it forever, yay.
Azure_Kite
NaomiMinette
^ This
Trash Boat
lol, but how did he survived 3,000 years? Pokémon Logic?
NaomiMinette

Trash Boat wrote:

You NEVER question Pokémon/Nintendo logic! NEVER!
Trash Boat
if u say so...*sighs*
NaomiMinette
But seriously though, when HAS video game logic ever made sense? :P

While we're talking about Pokémon Bank, I'm really surprised it hasn't come out yet. I mean, the servers should be fine now, right?
Trash Boat

Blazevoir wrote:

But seriously though, when HAS video game logic ever made sense? :P

While we're talking about Pokémon Bank, I'm really surprised it hasn't come out yet. I mean, the servers should be fine now, right?
1st, good point. 2nd, maybe they are checking the payment methods or something
Soaprman

Trash Boat wrote:

He's actually like 40 or something. He was making all the 3000 year pokemon war shit up.
Lanturn

GG.

Leaf stone x ∞
NaomiMinette
Oh wow... rofl XD
Trash Boat
never mind of this
NotEvenDoomMusic

Trash Boat wrote:

how could u take a well detailed snapshot on your 3ds? seems fake. no offense
You're taking it wrong again... *sigh*
First off, it's the attraction "Balloon Popping" in the Pokemon Mileage and can be accessed through the browser.
Second, even if it would be ingame, if Lanturn owned a 3DS capture card, it's possible to achieve a pretty high quality screenshot, even video footage by will.

Hint: Soaprman actually own one of those devices.
Lanturn

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

how could u take a well detailed snapshot on your 3ds? seems fake. no offense
You're taking it wrong again... *sigh*
First off, it's the attraction "Balloon Popping" in the Pokemon Mileage and can be accessed through the browser.
Second, even if it would be ingame, if Lanturn owned a 3DS capture card, it's possible to achieve a pretty high quality screenshot, even video footage by will.
Which actually I do own a 3ds capture card :P

Check out what I just EV trained fully today <3

That -Sp.A though :(

NotEvenDoomMusic

Lanturn wrote:

Which actually I do own a 3ds capture card :P

Check out what I just EV trained fully today <3

That -Sp.A though :(

Oh wow, well what a wild coincidence!
Anyways, this should throw off Battlers/Trashs thesis.

Rest in rip careful natured Lanturn. 2014-2014
mm201
I call your careful-natured shiny Lanturn and raise you a careful-natured shiny Gigalith <3

Soaprman wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

He's actually like 40 or something. He was making all the 3000 year pokemon war shit up.
My reaction when I first saw him: "Whoa, how did Brendan get so big?"
Trash Boat
This is gonna take all day
La Volpe
I decided to play some battles and my 1st opponent had a team of full Legendaries, fuck me right? Manage to take down his Mew and Articuno but then his Mewtwo just wiped my whole team lol. Nice Shiny Lanturn it sure fits you lol.
Soaprman

mm201 wrote:

I call your careful-natured shiny Lanturn and raise you a careful-natured shiny Gigalith <3

Soaprman wrote:

[You may embed only 2 quotes within each other="Trash Boat"]lol, but how did he survived 3,000 years? Pokémon Logic?[/You may embed only 2 quotes within each other]

My reaction when I first saw him: "Whoa, how did Brendan get so big?"
That boy's been eating some serious pokéblocks.
Ekaru
Dear Trash,

Please take the time to fully write out "u".

Offended,
Argentina

SHITPOSTINGISTHEBEST
Trash Boat
finally, 200 pages of editing
show more