forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ciunek
I-it's not like I want you to pet me or anything, stupid!

... lol.
NaomiMinette
^ All my want D=

Anyway, this Friday... MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Azure_Kite
So I was doing the math on NEDM's lucky Master Ball win in the Lottery, and I have come to the conclusion that even if you have every single box and your party full with pokemon with different IDs from one another, you will still have a maximum 0.852% chance of obtaining a Master Ball from the Lottery.

Fun stuff.
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

So I was doing the math on NEDM's lucky Master Ball win in the Lottery, and I have come to the conclusion that even if you have every single box and your party full with pokemon with different IDs from one another, you will still have a maximum 0.852% chance of obtaining a Master Ball from the Lottery.

Fun stuff.
Isn't that about the same rate as finding a shiny Pokémon with a max PokéRadar Chain/in a Friend Safari?
Azure_Kite
As far as I'm aware, the rates of getting a shiny with the PokeRadar haven't changed in X/Y. That's apparently around a 1 in 200 chance (0.5%), or at least it was in D/P/Pl

The rate of a Master Ball with all the boxes full of different trainer IDs is about 1 in 118.
NaomiMinette
Heh... I'd have better luck with getting a Master Ball in Black 2/White 2. Too bad we can't attach items when we Gen V -> Gen VI transfer ._.
Shohei Ohtani

Azure_Kite wrote:

Fun stuff.
lol I won one

To be even more convenient, it was with a pokemon in my party, lol.
NaomiMinette
I've yet to get one on my Y... I've gotten two on my White 2, though. Then again, that doesn't use ID's.
Stefan

=u=
NaomiMinette

Stefan wrote:

=u=
Whatever that is, it's not showing.
Trash Boat
hey sorry if this is old news but my lil bro said that Mega Gengar and Mega Kangaskhan could be banned from Online battles. is this true? and if this is true, why?
Jinxy
They're banned by Smogon rules, which only apply to online simulators. You can still use them on wifi battles.

Also, who's transferring Misdreavus from Pokebank? Could I have one too?
NaomiMinette
I could probably breed one once I finish transferring... all... 660+... Pokémon... from my White 2... GAH!

And then there's the other 100 or so on my Black for something else.
Jinxy
After talking to Pas and googling, apparently Pokeradar has a new chaining "tier" of sorts.

At 40 streak, the shiny rate was thought to be maxed out, and pokemon had 2 guaranteed perfect IVs. By extension, the Friend Safari functions like a constant 40-streak.

However, at 60-streak, the amount of perfect IVs becomes 3 instead, which is interesting. The shiny rate might also be even higher in that case.

Of course, the problem is even reaching a 60-streak
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

Of course, the problem is even reaching a 60-streak
Forget that... I can't even reach a 20-streak...
Azure_Kite
<10 streak. Represent!
Trash Boat
nvm that wasnt me
Azure_Kite
How are you not banned yet?
Jinxy
It's annoying, but I don't see how talking about stuff everyone knew years ago is exactly a bannable offense
NaomiMinette
battler077, go away. That's like so many years old now -_- And for your information, Black/White Kyurem aren't actually "new" Pokémon; they're just temporary Formes.

Actually, don't even post here unless it's ACTUALLY new news.

Jinxy wrote:

It's annoying, but I don't see how talking about stuff everyone knew years ago is exactly a bannable offense
If enough people complain about it... well...
Rorona

battler077 wrote:

for those that really want to complete the Dex but they dont have 5th gen, i recommend Black 2/White 2, because theres a new Pokémon there called Black Kyurem/White Kyurem. the Pokémon will differ accord to the version you are playing, and each Pokémon will have a signature move thats called Ice Burn(30% Burn) and Freeze Shock(30% Paralysis). thats only possible if you have Reshiram/Zekrom, Kyurem and a key item called DNA Splicers(i wonder if that could be transfered). besides, theres new forms of Landorus, Tornadus, Thundurus and Keldeo. to switch Keldeo to its Resolute form, he must learn the Secret Sword move. to switch the Trio, you must get the Reveal Glass
This isn't even relevant to the topic.

By the way, when DOES the pokebank come out? I haven't been keeping up with the thread.
NaomiMinette

Rorona wrote:

By the way, when DOES the pokebank come out? I haven't been keeping up with the thread.
This Friday for every region except Japan, I think.
Trash Boat
ok i think i owe you an apologize for that post, but that wasn't me. i didn't logged in during the last 12, 14 hours because i was busy. whoever it was, i'm surprised that he/she didnt changed the password yet. i'll make sure that that will not happen again. so sorry
NaomiMinette
I just thought of something: IF we get a Shiny Charm for completing the National Dex, what would be the rate for shiny Pokémon in a Friend Safari/max PokéRadar chain? 1/100?
Ekaru
1/1000 because GameFreak
Azure_Kite
1/10, because Christmas.
Trash Boat
Do you think Nintendo will give to XY players something for Christmas? Maybe a MYSTERIOUS GIFT
Azure_Kite
I doubt it
Snepif
Talking about giving stuff for Christmas, is someone willing to help a poor trainer in need :cry: ? Well I'm kidding, but seriously, I have 2 boxes full of Dittos and none of them are Bold nature... Does anyone have a Bold Ditto and is willing to lend/give it to me ;_;? Pretty please? Or I could give you some 4IV pokes.
NaomiMinette
Funny... I have a Bold Synchronizer (Ralts) but not a Ditto... LET'S FIX THAT, SHALL WE?!
Snepif
AND HOW ARE WE GOING TO FIX IT? Going into a Friend Safari journey? Ditto hunting?
NaomiMinette
Trying to find one in a Friend Safari.

Btw, do you care if it has Impostor or not?
Snepif
Not at all, I just want it for Rotom breeding.
NaomiMinette

Snepif wrote:

Not at all, I just want it for Rotom breeding.
Ugh... Now only if Synchronize would work with me...

EDIT: I have it ready. Add my FC and we'll trade. And done!
Snepif
Thanks a lot~

At first I didn't want a Rotom, but seeing how it was always a pain to face Rotom-W... I feel like I must have it. Those resistances and all that are just too good.
NaomiMinette
The other Formes for Rotom, though... I wonder why Game Freak decided to "separate" them instead of giving us access to a room where we could freely pick its Forme like in Gen IV and V.
Ciunek
You still can pick the form though, check the boxes at the bottom of middle floor in Sycamore's lab. Unless Im mistaken and you can't switch between them after you pick one...
NaomiMinette
Huh... I didn't even notice those before...

EDIT: Just confirmed it. You can freely switch between Formes, even Recall it back to its original. (So why can you catch its other Formes, if that's the case...)
Jinxy
...You can't, though?
Trash Boat
Merry Christmas to all(well, not yet)! i have a question, who made the XY Music for the intro sequence? i may need that info if i want to create a XY Beatmap
show more