Total Posts
show more
Azure_Kite
Lol, that is awesome, Prof. Prinny :D
Shirotaku
Nice Story Prof Prinny...
Makes me smile reading it during class haha
Soulclenz
Oh lordy. I've fallen behind the crowd due to not having much time to play Pokemon, glad to see everyone enjoying the game still. WTB online bank so I can collect all the Pokemon I care about though!
Norbi
Nice story, Prinny. :3

Also, I would have had a battle with you last night if I would have my battle team ready. orz Still breeding only my 3rd pokémon. (I really hope this sentence made sense.)
Trash Boat
old news
mathexpert

battler077 wrote:

sorry if this is old news, but Nintendo didn't make this official until today(or i didn't noticed it). looks like there's some place in XY that the world that you know turned upside-down. i'm talking about Inverse Battles, where the Type Matchup chart has been reversed. when Grass-type moves weren't very effective against Fire-Type Pokémon, now they are super effective, Normal-type moves are super effective against Ghost-type Pokémon(and following this logic, i think it should be the same viceversa) and Psychic-type moves are not very effective against Fighting-type Pokémon.
the link: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/ ... 013-11-27/
*sigh* everybody that has gone into the house in route 18 already knows about this, you're about a month late again

Battler077 do you even own pokemon x/y? Your "discoveries" on these things that are in game and have been discovered a month ago and the fact that you're not on the google doc makes me think otherwise.
Trash Boat
sorry for that
NaomiMinette
This is just a guess of mine, but... (spoilers involved)
So there's the three unreleased Legendaries and all AND the fact that there's three potential minigames (Rhyhorn racing in the route before Victory Road, some rollerskating mini-game because of all the tricks you can learn AND that they can be comboed, and the bike race in Cyllage City). What if (and this is a huge if) the minigames are tied to those Legendaries (AKA what if a future patch/distribution event releases both the Legendaries and minigames)?
Azure_Kite
Then I'm going to be FABULOUS!!! On my blades.
NaomiMinette
I badly need a Fairy Safari with Kirlia in it (Pokémon League NOT beaten but optional)... Trying to chain for a Ralts is impossible in X/Y, and even with the Masuda Method, it's still a pretty low chance of getting a shiny. Furthermore, I'm having just as bad luck trying to PokéRadar chain on my Pearl for a shiny Ralts, so yeah ._.

I'm not asking for a trade unless you have one that's female, is Modest, and has Synchronize. (IV's can be horrible for all I care.)
Jinxy
I do have a Female Synchronize one, but it's Timid. Do you want Modest only?
Faust
Encountered a (Magic Guard, likely) Sigilyph holding a Flame Orb (found out after I got Trick'd), which then proceeded to simultaneously wall and decimate my team with Calm Mind/Psycho Shift/Psychic.

And then a straight-off-the-bat sweep from a Scarf'd Mega Charizard Y/Drought Ninetales combo.
Every Heatwave was so goddamn painful. Cut my Shuckle in half.

Rant:

Every team I see these days seems to contain Yvetal/Blaziken/Charizard/Greninja. It's becoming rather boring since I either completely cripple the opposing team or vice-versa.
That said, the most memorable battles I've had so far were from teams with the Pokémon you don't really see being used at all.
Norbi
My first and kind of a main team will have mostly overused pokémon, but I do plan to make some alternatives to them. I liked using pokémon like Vileplume in Gen5.
Jinxy

Faust wrote:

Encountered a (Magic Guard, likely) Sigilyph holding a Flame Orb (found out after I got Trick'd), which then proceeded to simultaneously wall and decimate my team with Calm Mind/Psycho Shift/Psychic.
Thanks for reminding me to get a Taunter for my team. Though, it's kinda weird. Sigilyph can do Cosmic Power/Stored Power, which makes Calm Mind/Psychic kinda redundant.
Faust
Indeed. Also...

Gonna get myself a No Guard/Assault Vest Machamp and raise me some hell. (or Scope Lens w Cross Chop/Stone Edge combo)
Jinxy
And that ALSO reminds me, does anyone have a HA Clefairy?
Plushies
What do you guys think of Mega-Gengar in OU?
Trash Boat

Plushies wrote:

too OP, but what's OU?
NaomiMinette
@ Jinxy: Yes, Modest only.
Jinxy

Plushies wrote:

Still have yet to fight one. Seriously.
Soaprman
Faust
Encountered a Mega-Gengar just once.

And so far, I've been the only Mega-Banette user. Hrmm.
Jinxy
Well I just played a 3v3 with a Ghost team, and he brought in Gengar, Sableye and Mega Banette. God damn pain in the ass because I didn't choose my priority pokemon in that battle. (Yeah I lost)

Also, I just had the absolute most satisfying paralyze hax inflicted by Thunderbolt. I inflicted it on a Togekiss.
Faust
Wow, single-type teams are pretty rare.

Seems paper at first look, but Mega Banette actually has a bit of bulk to it. Am interested to what that Sableye was used for (inb4 status-inflicter).
Jinxy
It had Knock-Off, Will o Wisp, Recover, and I can't remember the last move (Probably Taunt). Inflict status, and stall.
Faust
Yeah reminded me that a Prankster Sableye can be quite a hassle. (As long as it doesn't die in 1 massive hit)

Going to be busy raising a few more competitive Pokémon in the meantime.
Possibly a single-themed team. (I like Ghosts and all)
Anyone encountered a Magmortar yet ? I've seen Electivires around but the opposing player usually sit them out on the matches.
Norbi
I have a friend who has a bug type team and I also plan to make myself a poison team as well. I've been planning to make one in the previous generation, but I didn't.

Also, talking about Mega-Gengar, I dunno how to use mine. Thinking currently about Sub-Petaya because I don't want to put Focus Sash on it again. Or I'll have a Mega Gengar myself. I might replace it with a Mega Banette sometime.
Jinxy
> Use a choiced pokemon
> Except you forgot to put the item on and you were wasting turns switching for no reason

fuck
Topic Starter
deadbeat
so i finally, FINALLY, got round to beating the elite 4
i'm so slow :p
NaomiMinette
Lol, grats :P

Also, I found a Fairy Safari with Kirlia, whee /o/
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i'm just doing the friend safari now. does poke rader not work in there?
NotEvenDoomMusic

deadbeat wrote:

i'm just doing the friend safari now. does poke rader not work in there?
Nah, pokeradar doesn't work there aswell as sweet scent.
But though there's an increased shiny rate (or it's told to have much more shinies than in the regular wilderness) and the shiny rate got halfed eitherways for X and Y (1/4000~)
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i only have one shiny, and it was given to me. i want my own ;~;

:O one of my friend safari's has Pancham. i want a shiny one of those ;~;
NotEvenDoomMusic
That'd be pretty easy with the given options now in X & Y to just literally, grind one :D
Just train some of your pokemons to 100 or any level you want and i'm more than certain that you'll run across one shiny at least once.

There are some great guides on how to chain fish or whatsoever, but even an "random" encounter could net you one pretty quick.
Hordes also are a great way to specifically hunt for shinies as you'll be encountering 5 pokemons at once. It's great for EV training too.

Good luck on the Pancham, unfortunately i don't have one that could give you :c
Topic Starter
deadbeat
oh i have a Pancham already. Caught that thing before i got to the second gym. I just want a shiny Pangoro <3
Plushies

Norbi wrote:

Also, talking about Mega-Gengar, I dunno how to use mine. Thinking currently about Sub-Petaya because I don't want to put Focus Sash on it again. Or I'll have a Mega Gengar myself. I might replace it with a Mega Banette sometime.
I believe Petaya is unavailable in x/y ;_;

Quoted wall of text on why Gengar OP
A DBond + 3 attacks set tailored to the needs of a player's team can 2hko most offensive pokemon, and defensive Pokemon fear Perish Song. The problem with Gengar is not 4mss. The problem is that you literally have no idea what the fuck it carries when it first switches in. Even at the stage where Gengar is still not evolved, when you switch in your so-called counter you're banking on the fact that "fuck it better not be carrying this or i'm fucked". Switch in a special sponge like Blissey or Florges (never mind the latter can get eaten by Sludge Bomb)? You need to pray that it's not the Perish trapper. A so-called 'counter'? It better be switching in on something resisted, and we aren't mentioning how Gengar can still switch out (Shadow Ball is so ridiculously easy to spam you're only really screwed if Tyranitar walks in, but Assault Vest Tyranitar can get worn down by hazards and it's still 2HKO'd by Focus Blast, and Gengar can just bail out with Destiny Bond).

tl;dr - Mega-Gengar is a super solid revenge killer, destroys walls with Perish Song + Shadow Tag and in worst case scenario can easily 1 for 1 with Shadow Tag + Destiny Bond.

tl;dr tl;dr - It's a flexible Wobbuffet on steroids.

Perish Trapper?
Gengar @Gengarite
Levitate (Keep in mind this becomes Shadow Tag when it MEs)
Timid - 252 Spe/248 HP/8 Def or SpD
~Perish Song (Switch out on the last perish count and they lose their active Pokemon)
~Protect
~Disable (Destroys choiced Pokemon, also nifty with protect)
~Substitute

Mega evolve + Protect then switch Gengar out so anything Gengar switches in on is already shadow tagged without giving them the chance to switch when you mega evolve, then all you have to do is switch in on anything that doesn't kill Gengar instantly and stall the perish count.

Mega-Gengar has 130 base speed which lets it outpace a lot of pokemon, then Protect + Disable usually gets you the free turn you need to Perish Song and Protect + Substitute stalls out the count. The reasoning for not pouring 252 into HP is to make the HP not divisible by 4 and therefore allowing you to use Substitute 4 times without healing.
NaomiMinette
So I JUST ran into a shiny female Trace Kirlia. Didn't really want to catch it, but then I said why not. While I was trying to set up to capture her... she used Teleport ._.
Trash Boat

Blazevoir wrote:

So I JUST ran into a shiny female Trace Kirlia. Didn't really want to catch it, but then I said why not. While I was trying to set up to capture her... she used Teleport ._.
i thought only Abra used Teleport. but don't worry, there's also the GTS.
NotEvenDoomMusic

battler077 wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

i thought only Abra used Teleport. but don't worry, there's also the GTS.
Natu/Xatu also are able to use Teleport.
GTS has an hideous wanted-offer pool for shinies, such as unobtainables (lv. 10 Charizard), via. pokebank only pokemons, and if you're lucky, either of those 3 birds.

and lastly, if you're getting one for competitive use the chances of you getting the right ability/nature is 0 as it isn't displayed in the GTS and the messages that you can leave are all just a decoy to get the desired pokemon.

@Blaze: Well, kinda learned my lesson... always bring your catching-machine (Gallade) with you and use mean look if it's able to use any moves that is basically an escape move.
NaomiMinette
I tend to use Gardevoir now, so I'll just breed for a Ralts with Mean Look (and Synchronize) later. There's also Umbreon, but... eh.
show more