Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
NaomiMinette
Ohey, it's dkun *EPIC FLEE!*
rust45

Jinxy wrote:

Sometimes you just have to learn lessons the hard way, like Defog is not Haze and that guy you just allowed to go +6 isn't going to lose his buffs anytime soon. To add insult to injury, that "guy" was a god damn klefki, the last thing you'd imagine trying to set up and sweep.

I am completely incompetent when using any team that's not my Mawile one

Also, does anyone here battle Mega Kangaskhans often? How do you usually beat him?
I can usually deal with Kangaskhan with my Mega Mawile if I get an intimidate on it since I run my Mega Mawile incredibly bulky. (252 HP 252 Def and a Defense boosting natues) Most ghosts also pretty much wall Kangaskhan too, just be careful of the sucker punch.
Trash Boat
some news: the Play! Pokémon Videogames Tournament Rules and Formats has been updated. these rules will apply only for events that feature Pokémon XY games. it's a PDF, so if your browser doesn't let you read it, download it.
http://assets22.pokemon.com/assets/cms/ ... s_2014.pdf
Azure_Kite
Just found myself a 5IV Ditto :D
Faust
Battle Spot matches have been pretty enjoyable, I find most players tend to have a Greninja or a Charizard on them, also the occasional Yvetal.
The Japanese players love double battles, from what I've observed.

Almost every match had both me and the opposing trainer on the last Pokémon.
Was happy with my Shuckle outlasting a Charizard, and Aggron powering-up punching enough to finish off a almost-full HP Venusaur that loves Sleep Powdering.

One thing I found slightly disappointing was that you don't get to register or get any information about the players you fight there, I'd have loved to have a rematch some time with these people.
Jinxy
Well, if you battle a acquaintance (or a passerby twice), you can request to be friends. There's also a way to "favourite" and bookmark players iirc.
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

D= T_T
Shirotaku

Blazevoir wrote:

Azure_Kite wrote:

D= T_T
mathexpert
holy crap I almost got a heart attack when I just randomly got a shiny eevee while trying to breed for a 5IV eevee

shiny sylveon, here I come <3
Birdy
wow fuck you too ;__;

also what's with all the shiny Octilleries in GTS
Shirotaku

Static Noise Bird wrote:

wow fuck you too ;__;

also what's with all the shiny Octilleries in GTS
I guess we have the same luck with shinies

btw, got 2 Chansey with Healer, anyone want one ?
NaomiMinette

mathexpert wrote:

holy crap I almost got a heart attack when I just randomly got a shiny eevee while trying to breed for a 5IV eevee

shiny sylveon, here I come <3
I hate you. So much.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

what's with all the shiny Octilleries in GTS
You've heard of chain fishing, right?
Birdy
No. And anyway, it literally happens with Octilleries only.
Trash Boat
used to be something here, but don't worry
mathexpert

Static Noise Bird wrote:

No. And anyway, it literally happens with Octilleries only.
>Insert cliche joke about tentacles here<
Birdy
I don't mean it with "it", baka hentai weedlord.
NaomiMinette
Birdy
I did read it right after you mentioned.
NotEvenDoomMusic

battler077 wrote:

reminder: the Pokémon VG Tournaments rules and formats has been updated, applying only for XY. just in case you guys play Wi-Fi/Direct tournaments. the link is on my previous post
I'm not trying to be mean or smth, but anyone- and i seriously mean, anyone who has some common sense that is interested into joining the ladder in Wi-Fi tournaments with their teams will inform themselves before actually building a team beforehanded.
^ that means, if you inform yourself about the meta you're automatically stumbling across some other informations regarding it - including the banlist.

That applies to most of your X and Y news as those are what i would call "Slowpoke News".
I know you try to be informative, but anyone who seemingly is interested in a certain degree about the mechanics and meta would probably inform themselves.
and i know too, that people who just joined/followed this thread is unfamiliar with some of the news; but if people say "it's old news" means automatically for them to catch up with informations - a lot of pokemon fanpages provide a lot of content on "what is happening/what is currently on" so that they're not unknowingly feel awkward again that they're behind.
Though, you're here since quite a few amount of pages. ...

That's somehow, one part of "common sense".

It's almost saying "oh look, X and Y just released", today.
"I've heard you can walk diagonaly in X and Y", today.
"There are two new(!!!) legendaries called Xerneas and Ylveltal", today.

I'll say it once again: People inform themselves if "something" is unfamiliar or unkown to them.
Also, there's Reddit on most cases. I know that some people here aren't browsing reddit because they don't like it, but those who are browsing it are sharing those informations here too aswell- and IIRC, those people are always providing this thread with the most resourceful informations & leaks almost immediatelly from reddit & other sources.

Pokemon X & Y also has been out for over a month now, there's not much to leak anymore.
Though, there still will be some tips and tricks on how-to but that's basically it, those are posted everywhere.

... on the other note, i'm picking up to play some X and Y again after a minor hiatus (actually since i've surpassed 400h playtime a long while ago)
Jinxy
I built a new team around Mega Scizor instead, and I am really starting to like Gourgeist. Decent bulk, and gives hell to physical attackers with Will O Wisp. Oh, you did a decent hit on Gourgeist? Haha nope Pain Split
Derekku
Made the google doc more organized and pretty as well as adding my own info :)
NaomiMinette
Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty *w*
NotEvenDoomMusic

Derekku wrote:

Made the google doc more organized and pretty as well as adding my own info :)
It's indeed very pretty!
I thought of doing it colorful in the beginning too, but was facing constant changes after each add in terms of color-issues. thus i tried to auto-formate it but since it only allowed for 10 formats to take in effect at a time- made me rethink the whole stuff again and dropped it whole at last.
Ekaru

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

I'll say it once again: People inform themselves if "something" is unfamiliar or unkown to them.
How long have you been on the internet? Because this isn't true at all. Hell, this isn't even true in real life. >_>
NotEvenDoomMusic

Ekaru wrote:

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

How long have you been on the internet? Because this isn't true at all. Hell, this isn't even true in real life. >_>
I've been on the internet (and in a lot of other communities) for quite a long time to answer your question legitimatelly, to state something like that.
At the same time, i've been working for some years in mixed environments too, attended several schools and such to support it.
But hope that wasn't the matter of your question

THOUGH. people who do not want to learn or don't have the will to take initiative into doing a research themselves will always stick to the next best option:
ask someone else.

Example would be irl aswell as somewhere else in any community:
You hear something unfamiliar (in your interest) to you spoken out by someone, maybe from the same class or district you're working in/someone in the forums you see regulary.
There are many options how to approach this but lets just stick with 2:
1. You ask.
2. You do the research yourself.

Thus, you can repeat that process until it finally stands out as an issue.
Oh, i forgot to mention that the person also has the option to do neither of those which is another story.

post scriptum:

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

applies to common sense, which was the major topic that i was pointing at on my post.

pps: didn't wanted to sound like an smartass aka. asshole, sorry mods, sorry Ekaru.
ppps: on the other note, i do not really mind battlers "slowpoke-ness" that much anymore since this topic is slowly dying off until the 25th december anyways. (for JP and KR. EU, NA and AUS will have to wait until the 27th december)
it's harsh for me to say but my apologies.

OT; left X and Y to rest now, no news in particular to share... so yeah, that post was completely off-topic.
NaomiMinette
I just wonder when the unreleased Pokémon/content will come out. Also, I don't really care much about Pokémon Bank (yes, I will use it, but probably only once), but I do wonder what Game Freak's/Nintendo's next plans are. To be honest, X/Y doesn't offer a lot of post-story content, so I wonder what will happen later.
Derekku
Reorganized things much further, added conditional formatting, and combined this doc with the old 3DS one (which I cut pieces from and made defunct).

I'd make a form that auto-inserts data into the spreadsheet, but things are too far along and I don't feel like redoing everything. :P
Jinxy
I had actually thought of colouring the types, but I tried to colour the words instead and made stuff like Electric unreadable. Forgot I could colour the box instead.

Professor Prinny
I've just had my most eventful day ever on Pokemon X thus far.
Boring Story 1 (Event 1)
First off one of the random Japanese guys on my friends list decided to game chat with me and so I decided to give it a go.
When I was about to speak first, he took initiative and asked me "are you actually British?"
I replied with a "no", while stunned at his at his fluency of speaking English.
I had a great time talking to him since he taught me a bit of Japanese and finishing off with a talk of the current Anime season.
Boring Story 2 (Event 2)
So this one was another game chat moment.
Another guy (this time from the UK) also wanted to chat with me though I ignored his requests the first few times but he was persistent, so I decided to hear him out.
We both talked about what we liked about Pokémon X & Y, whereabouts in the country we are both from and he recommended I try and compete in the championships one day.
This guy was alright although he dragged the conversation for too long and so I cut off the chat swiftly.
Memorable Event (A Serious Trade)
This one involved an American girl who was formerly in my aquaintence list.

This started off when she sent me a trade request. I waited to see what she was offering but instead she used Pokémon to communicate with me (2 Grumpigs and a Xatu). Their nicknames spelt out the message: INEEDLV100S MYGMRESET:( CANYOUHELP? (I need lv 100s, My game reset :( , Can you help?)

At first I was wary but when I saw she was willing to give her mega stones I knew this was a serious trade.
So I give her my Delphox and Azumarill (Got Zangoose holding Mewtwonite Y and a 4 IV Dragonite w/ Pokerus and holding a Mawilite).
Afterwards I went off and used some of my spare rare candies to get my Charizard and Lucario to lv 100 (traded them off for a 3 IV Charmeleon holding Charizardite Y and a Aggron holding an Aggronite).

After probably my best trade session ever. I gave her my thanks by re-naming my reject Riolus to make a message saying:

I have no more lv 100s.
Sorry about that :(.
I gave you my story team Pokémon.
Thank you for the Mega stones :)*.
If you need anymore help just game chat me.
:) (-musical notes-).

(Note: 15 Riolus were used in the making of this message.)

She replied back using a Flabébé nicknamed: THANK YOU ALOT.
TL;DR: PSS was a really awesome idea. Almost anything can happen when you use it to interact with different people.
Trash Boat
nice story Prinny(smile and thumbs up)
Azure_Kite
Lol, that is awesome, Prof. Prinny :D
Shirotaku
Nice Story Prof Prinny...
Makes me smile reading it during class haha
Soulclenz
Oh lordy. I've fallen behind the crowd due to not having much time to play Pokemon, glad to see everyone enjoying the game still. WTB online bank so I can collect all the Pokemon I care about though!
Norbi
Nice story, Prinny. :3

Also, I would have had a battle with you last night if I would have my battle team ready. orz Still breeding only my 3rd pokémon. (I really hope this sentence made sense.)
Trash Boat
old news
mathexpert

battler077 wrote:

sorry if this is old news, but Nintendo didn't make this official until today(or i didn't noticed it). looks like there's some place in XY that the world that you know turned upside-down. i'm talking about Inverse Battles, where the Type Matchup chart has been reversed. when Grass-type moves weren't very effective against Fire-Type Pokémon, now they are super effective, Normal-type moves are super effective against Ghost-type Pokémon(and following this logic, i think it should be the same viceversa) and Psychic-type moves are not very effective against Fighting-type Pokémon.
the link: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/ ... 013-11-27/
*sigh* everybody that has gone into the house in route 18 already knows about this, you're about a month late again

Battler077 do you even own pokemon x/y? Your "discoveries" on these things that are in game and have been discovered a month ago and the fact that you're not on the google doc makes me think otherwise.
Trash Boat
sorry for that
NaomiMinette
This is just a guess of mine, but... (spoilers involved)
So there's the three unreleased Legendaries and all AND the fact that there's three potential minigames (Rhyhorn racing in the route before Victory Road, some rollerskating mini-game because of all the tricks you can learn AND that they can be comboed, and the bike race in Cyllage City). What if (and this is a huge if) the minigames are tied to those Legendaries (AKA what if a future patch/distribution event releases both the Legendaries and minigames)?
Azure_Kite
Then I'm going to be FABULOUS!!! On my blades.
NaomiMinette
I badly need a Fairy Safari with Kirlia in it (Pokémon League NOT beaten but optional)... Trying to chain for a Ralts is impossible in X/Y, and even with the Masuda Method, it's still a pretty low chance of getting a shiny. Furthermore, I'm having just as bad luck trying to PokéRadar chain on my Pearl for a shiny Ralts, so yeah ._.

I'm not asking for a trade unless you have one that's female, is Modest, and has Synchronize. (IV's can be horrible for all I care.)
show more