forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Trash Boat
ok i'm sorry. i thought you played both stuff. i guess that i was wrong
On Topic: Annual fees for Pokémon Bank has been revealed in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and USA.
more Pokémon XY episodes titles has been unveiled, and a Slippery Wobbuffet Tretta can be transfered to XY in Japan. the links
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/S ... Y_in_Japan
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/P ... onsters_XY
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/A ... S_revealed
Birdy
I love how uneven the prices are. God bless the UK.
Trash Boat
talking about XY, is there a Berry that weakens 1 Fairy-type Super-effective enemy attack when used? how's it and what's its name?
Birdy
Roseli Berry
Rorona

Bulbagarden wrote:

The annual fees for Pokémon Bank in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the US have be revealed on the official Pokémon X and Y website. The prices of Pokémon Bank are £4.99 per year in the UK, €4,49 per year in Europe, $6.50 per year in Australia, $8.50 per year in New Zealand and $4.99 per year in the US. The Japanese price for Pokémon Bank was previously revealed to be 500 ¥ per year.
That's hilarious, the US is at almost 20% cheaper than everything else.
NaomiMinette
Meh... I bet a lot of people will just use the trial month then never use it again.
Soaprman
I'm gonna upload all my pokemon to the bank and then cancel my subscription! It's like the batch release feature I never knew I wanted.
NaomiMinette
Good way to ditch a Wonder Trade- and/or breeding failures-filled box :P
Trash Boat
seriously, are you going to miss this app? you may get rewarded if you use it.
mathexpert
Does anybody want to trade for a 4 IV Mild Larvitar w/ stealth rock? I have a couple of them ^^
(anything >=3 Ivs is fine, but a marill, ferrothorn, kangaskan, or eevee in particular would be even cooler~
alternatively, any vivillion that isn't Modern, High Plains, Marine, or polar would be cool as well)
Norbi
I'm not even trying to breed pokémon with more than 2 perfect IVs if I don't have to. I don't really have time to do my competitive team nowadays. :<

As for Blaze Blaziken: I think pokémon like that could be used for UU or RU or whatever.
rust45
Blaze Blaziken is also in ubers. This was the case in Gen V and it's even more relevant this gen considering even Blaze blazikens can gain speed boost by mega evolving.
Jinxy
So who knows about Stored Power Sigilyph from Gen 5? I just got my ass handed to me by a Clefable that functions in the exact same way, and it has perfect coverage in theory too, since it's Fairy now.
Ekaru

Rorona wrote:

Bulbagarden wrote:

The annual fees for Pokémon Bank in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the US have be revealed on the official Pokémon X and Y website. The prices of Pokémon Bank are £4.99 per year in the UK, €4,49 per year in Europe, $6.50 per year in Australia, $8.50 per year in New Zealand and $4.99 per year in the US. The Japanese price for Pokémon Bank was previously revealed to be 500 ¥ per year.
That's hilarious, the US is at almost 20% cheaper than everything else.
We're the same price as Japan, actually! Feel free to look up the exchange rates if you don't believe me. :P It's everywhere else that is jacking up the price for some reason.

That said, I need Bank already. BLAZE IS MY WITNESS.
mm201
Don't we all?

rust45 wrote:

Blaze Blaziken is also in ubers. This was the case in Gen V and it's even more relevant this gen considering even Blaze blazikens can gain speed boost by mega evolving.
I just don't believe in broad strokes bans. I would rather ban Speed Boost Ken and Blazikenite than throw out the entire pokemon and the variety it brings.

Norbi wrote:

I'm not even trying to breed pokémon with more than 2 perfect IVs if I don't have to. I don't really have time to do my competitive team nowadays. :<

As for Blaze Blaziken: I think pokémon like that could be used for UU or RU or whatever.
Breeding triple/quad flawlesses is easy this gen thanks to Destiny Knot.

I'm still looking for DW Purrloin, Shroomish, and Dratini. I can offer 4/5 IV Heracross and Durant. I'm working on Torchic next so you can have one if you can wait. I want my Maison team ready before I start working on PvP teams.
Shirotaku

mathexpert wrote:

Does anybody want to trade for a 4 IV Mild Larvitar w/ stealth rock? I have a couple of them ^^
(anything >=3 Ivs is fine, but a marill, ferrothorn, kangaskan, or eevee in particular would be even cooler~
alternatively, any vivillion that isn't Modern, High Plains, Marine, or polar would be cool as well)
Considering my hope of getting mega aggron is gone because I'm playing X, Mega Tryranitar will be great :3
If you can trade me one that will be awesome :3
ps: if you can, name it Exitium :O

I have a ferroseed if you want it, also if you want a level 1 untrained ferroseed, i can breed one real quick for you
Also i got a japanese eevee, kangaskhan, and maril not sure about their IVs tho
:D
Azure_Kite
Just got a Shiny Dunsparce and Ditto from Frixell's Friend Safari.
mm201
I'd like to get into Rorona's and Faust's safaris if at all possible. Ditto for obvious reasons, and I want to use Venomoth in my Maison team for Quiver Dance+Signal Beam+Tinted Lens. 0645-5976-3384
Trash Boat
how's the current Metagame on these days? like Black & White or better?
Topic Starter
deadbeat
kinda abandoned this thread a bit haven't I. heard from azure about battler077 posting about the TCG in here. posting to resolve this once and for all ( too lazy to backtrack so sorry if it has been resolved already)
this is the Video Games forum area. the TCG is not a video game, it's a card game. use the pokemon general thread or make your own thread about it else where.
end of discussion
Rorona

mm201 wrote:

I'd like to get into Rorona's and Faust's safaris if at all possible. Ditto for obvious reasons, and I want to use Venomoth in my Maison team for Quiver Dance+Signal Beam+Tinted Lens. 0645-5976-3384
Yeah, sorry, I haven't been playing much as of late.

I'll add you and leave the game running for a couple of hours to try and catch you online.
0_o

mm201 wrote:

I've got Venomoth in mine, and I'm pretty sure you're on my friends list.
mm201

Rorona wrote:

mm201 wrote:

I'll add you and leave the game running for a couple of hours to try and catch you online.
Thanks
I'll be on but idle for a couple hours while I do Dream World. (B/W)

0_o wrote:

mm201 wrote:

I've got Venomoth in mine, and I'm pretty sure you're on my friends list.
You're right! I totally forgot about that.
Jinxy
By the way, I found a flaw in using Venomoth. Shedninja.

With that, it limits the moves to Fire, Rock, Ghost, Dark and Flying. (and Mold Breaker.)

Fire and Ghost aren't foolproof thanks to Flash Fire and Normal types.

So far, the good suggestions I've seen are:
Shed Skin Scrafty, it has Shed Skin to get rid of burns, Dragon Dance to boost, and Dark is only 4x resisted by itself and Pangoro.
Air Slash Tinted Lens Mothim, same functionality as Venomoth, but able to get past Shedinja.
Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados, Dragon Dance + Waterfall, but might be susceptible to Flame Body. Not as bad as Scizor, since Waterfall will OHKO Flame Body pokemon.
I looked at Talonflame, but it gets walled at +6 by Aggrons.
Trash Boat
i repeat my question because it seems to be ignored: how's the current Metagame on these days? like Black & White or better?
NaomiMinette
I say worse, but that's just my opinion.
Trash Boat
worse? why? too much Toxicroaks?
Jinxy
Toxicroaks aren't that common anymore due to Drizzle's nerf.
Faust

mm201 wrote:

Actually added you a while ago. I don't see you showing up though, hmm..
Professor Prinny
Norbi
Oh, wow, that looks kinda epic. Especially that Zelda one. I love Skyward Sword Zelda.
NaomiMinette
If someone makes that an actual thing, they can take my money.
Trash Boat
ok(battler077 makes Pokémon Zelda and takes 20,000 u$d from Blazevoir. JK :lol: )
mathexpert

Rorona wrote:

I know you haven't been playing that much, but what times are you most likely to be online? Having a ditto would save me a lot of time ^^
Birdy
I love how Mewtwo has 0.4% chance to get caught from full HP with a 1x-rate Ball, yet me and Lulshack both got it with our first Premier Balls.

funy_wat_memeface.jpg
Jinxy
Did you use Capture Power?
Faust
I should make a habit of requesting a nickname for the Pokémon that I want traded over, since I've the perchant for that and I get a rude reminder when I realize I can't make that happen whenever I visit the Name Rater.

Also, nearing 3 full competitive teams now yay.
Birdy

Jinxy wrote:

Did you use Capture Power?
No, and AFAIK, he didn't either.

I only saw the rate today, too, which makes it at least double as funny.
Jinxy
Sometimes you just have to learn lessons the hard way, like Defog is not Haze and that guy you just allowed to go +6 isn't going to lose his buffs anytime soon. To add insult to injury, that "guy" was a god damn klefki, the last thing you'd imagine trying to set up and sweep.

I am completely incompetent when using any team that's not my Mawile one

Also, does anyone here battle Mega Kangaskhans often? How do you usually beat him?
Faust
lol, Mega Kangaskhans. Retardedly strong monster.

Usually, from what I've seen, they tend to have a moveset consisting mainly of:

Power-Up Punch (Parental Bond gives it instant 2x buff)
Sucker-Punch (Just hurts)
Dizzy Punch (You now have a 40% chance of confusing your targets)
Facade (The contingency plan since people are likely to try to give it a burn, also STAB and vicious damage being dealt if landed)

I usually just try to inflict status with a Prankster Mega Banette. I wouldn't have to worry about being Sucker-Punched since it's not an attacking move, after that it's just a wait of attrition switching into a Pokémon that knows Protect/Detect so it won't try to regain the cut Attack stat due to being burnt.

Another way to deal with it is to send out a Alakazam into Mega form on first turn and trace Parental Bond, then let loose a Focus Blast. (Likely sure-kill)
That's if it doesn't do a Sucker-Punch first anyway.
show more