forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Birdy
If anyone has Vivillons, throw them at my direction. I'm halfway through catching em all.
Ekaru

Static Noise Bird wrote:

If anyone has Vivillons, throw them at my direction. I'm halfway through catching em all.
Make a list of which ones you need and I'll change my 3DS region before I start Y so I can get one of them for you. Currently looking at Icy Snow, though.
Birdy
Icy Snow is what we get from Finland.
Just received a Marine one with Pokérus, 8 to go.

I have:
  1. Icy Snow
  2. Jungle
  3. Garden
  4. High Plains
  5. Polar
  6. Continental
  7. River
  8. Marine
  9. Modern
  10. Elegant
Missing the rest.
Neroh

Ekaru wrote:

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Make a list of which ones you need and I'll change my 3DS region before I start Y so I can get one of them for you. Currently looking at Icy Snow, though.
I'd really like a Monsoon, which I believe is from Hong Kong (may be wrong) I'd be very grateful if anyone could trade me one! (Do they stay the same pattern when breeding?)

EDIT: Thank you whoever changed my name on the spreadsheet! :D
Trash Boat
Yes, Cinccino is adorable, but you know who's even more adorable? Emolga. Check its FA Card to see
Ekaru
I can't get Monsoon because you can't get a Monsoon region on NA 3DS. <_< Otherwise this would be a no-brainer.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Icy Snow is what we get from Finland.
Just received a Marine one with Pokérus, 8 to go.

I have:
  1. Icy Snow
  2. Jungle
  3. Garden
  4. High Plains
  5. Polar
  6. Continental
  7. River
  8. Marine
  9. Modern
  10. Elegant
Missing the rest.
Will go Ocean or Savanna then. Will decide when I start the game in a couple hours. Doubt getting Vivillon will take too long. Will trade for Icy Snow.
Soaprman
Come and get it folks, this offer won't last!

NaomiMinette
I want France's (Europe's?) Vivillon =(

There are like 16 others I need as well, but I don't really care much about them (though I guess I could always try my luck in GTS).
Ekaru
I don't even know if there is a NA 3DS region that gets Meadow. >_>

EDIT: No, I don't think there is.
rust45
Does anybody have a good Swift Swim Poliwhirl/Poliwag? I'm in need of a Politoed with drizzle for my team.

In terms of what to offer in return... I don't have much. I've gotten into the habit of wonder trading all breeding failures after getting my desired pokemon for the poke miles, including parents. However, I have gotten around to trading off all my Beldums and Froakies. I know some of them have decent spreads of perfect IVs but I've gotten into the habit of not even marking ones I know I won't need to use, so I can't tell you how many I have that are perfect. If someone wants a Froakie or Beldum I can check all of mine and tell you my best ones.
Ekaru
Last night I got an Ocean Vivillon. So much cooler than Modern!
Norbi
Today I got a 4 max IV (HP, Attack, Sp. Def, Speed) Korean Honedge. After this, I might make an Aegislash. That Pokémon is really cool after all.
Jinxy
Being a Grand Duke is freaking amazing, with all writs activated, challengers flood in faster than I can clear them, and their levels aren't complete shit.

le wow has just lost a customer
Ekaru

Jinxy wrote:

Being a Grand Duke is freaking amazing, with all writs activated, challengers flood in faster than I can clear them, and their levels aren't complete shit.

I need to graduate from Duke then!

But for now I'm going to continue my JPN file.
Birdy
>2 turns to complete
>Nigger Floatzel uses Protect without failing twice in a row
yeah Le Wow lost another one
Professor Prinny

Jinxy wrote:

Yeah it takes a while to get Grand Duke but it's definitely worth it.
Although aren't the only writs that can stack the invitation ones?

Edit: Does anyone have a Riolu with the Prankster ability or Lucario with Justified they wouldn't mind trading me? Got one now.
Jinxy
I use Silver (increases rate), Gold (prize money) and Black (+20 levels) writs.
NaomiMinette
Huh... Wasn't aware some could stack... I just might consider this if I only need to raise one Pookémon at a time.
mm201
I just hatched a quint flawless (all but SAtk) DW Durant if anyone wants it for the Maison. I'm looking for DW Shroomish and Dratini.
Jinxy
Had a really amazing wi-fi battle just now. I lost, after losing a prediction battle against Aegislash and getting half my team shadow-sneak'd. And then my Adamant Dragonite was outsped by a Jolly Mega-Heracross, who then Rock-Blasted past Multiscale like it wasn't even there. I could actually have won if I outsped Mega-Heracross, I think.

Wish + Baton Pass is a really nice combo especially with someone like Multiscale Dragonite, too bad the good Eevee wish-passers don't get U-Turn or Volt Switch.
rust45

Jinxy wrote:

I use Silver (increases rate), Gold (prize money) and Black (+20 levels) writs.
I thought only one writ could be in effect at a time? Regardless, I've been meaning to level up in the Chateu as well. How long does it take/what's the fastest way to level up?
Jinxy
Writs only override when they do the same thing (e.g. Normal and Silver both boost rates of trainers). As for the fastest way, I'm not really sure tbh. If you can get the Gym Leaders/E4/Audino trainers often, Chateau is miles faster, but the other trainers are still pretty bad even with +20 levels.

EDIT:
> Settle for a 4IV Eevee to turn into a Vaporeon
> EV him, evolve him, train him to Lv50
> Hatch the last 3 eggs because why not
> 2/3 are 5IV Eevees

are you fucking serious
NaomiMinette
So I'm just now realizing that... chaining for Ralts is impossible here ._. (Or if it still is, why the hell are the patches so small?!)
Jinxy
You're probably better off with Matsuda Method, I think. Still pretty crappy though. (around 1k eggs in and no shiny mawile for me)

There are also rumors that the Friend Safari basically functions like a permanent 40-chain, because shinies caught in a 40-chain also have 2IVs. You could try looking for Kirlias in a Fairy Safari.

Also, PSA. Never never never never use Hyper Beam ffs. Unless you want a +2 Mega Mawile ripping your team apart like wet tissue. I just battled a guy. It was a pretty good battle at first, until he made his Aurorus use Hyper Beam and all respect just flew out of the window
Trash Boat
what does ffs means?
Sapphiire_old_1

battler077 wrote:

what does ffs means?

for fuck sake
NaomiMinette
Do we even have any Kirlia Friend Safaris? I know someone has a Fairy FS, but they don't have them...
Birdy

SoG Tava wrote:

battler077 wrote:

what does ffs means?
for fuck sake
Friend Friend Safari™
Trash Boat

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Friend Friend Safari™
yeah right
mathexpert

Jinxy wrote:

There are also rumors that the Friend Safari basically functions like a permanent 40-chain, because shinies caught in a 40-chain also have 2IVs. You could try looking for Kirlias in a Fairy Safari.
if only you could use pokeradar in the friend safari, it'd be so much easier to catch a shiny eevee.. *sigh*
Birdy
Catch a shiny Eevee at Route 10
mathexpert
I've tried, but there are a fuckton of rocks and shit in the way
For now I'm just masuda breeding
Shirotaku

mathexpert wrote:

I've tried, but there are a fuckton of rocks and shit in the way
For now I'm just masuda breeding
When i first heard about the masuda method, i was so excited. Then, i reach 4 boxes of honedge..
crushed my spirit on breeding shiny

talk about breeding, anyone here can help me breed mawile, kangaskahn or scizor ?
still new on perfecting iv breeding, having a really hard time doing it. If anyone could help that would be so awesome
as in for return, i'll try my best to give back something good D:
NaomiMinette

Smogon wrote:

The OU council has concluded that Blaziken and Deoxys-N, two Pokémon allowed initially in XY, will be quick-banned from both current XY OU and PokéBank OU. This means that there will be no public vote; the council has simply decided that this is necessary. Both have been preeminent threats since XY's inception, and are detrimental to the balance of the tier. Blaziken is simply a monster sweeper. Its power is unparalleled, being virtually impossible to counter or even check if the player lacks a Talonflame or Azumarill on his or her offensive team. Defensive teams can opt for Slowbro, defensive Gyrados, or in PokéBank Jellicent, but these Pokemon just are not cut out for any other team in this metagame. With the addition of Baton Pass to its movepool and thus the ability to passed the boost it gains from Swords Dance and Speed Boost, it can pass to a teammate that could handle it."
Well then...
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

Smogon wrote:

The OU council has concluded that Blaziken and Deoxys-N, two Pokémon allowed initially in XY, will be quick-banned from both current XY OU and PokéBank OU. This means that there will be no public vote; the council has simply decided that this is necessary. Both have been preeminent threats since XY's inception, and are detrimental to the balance of the tier. Blaziken is simply a monster sweeper. Its power is unparalleled, being virtually impossible to counter or even check if the player lacks a Talonflame or Azumarill on his or her offensive team. Defensive teams can opt for Slowbro, defensive Gyrados, or in PokéBank Jellicent, but these Pokemon just are not cut out for any other team in this metagame. With the addition of Baton Pass to its movepool and thus the ability to passed the boost it gains from Swords Dance and Speed Boost, it can pass to a teammate that could handle it."
Well then...

Honestly Blaziken isent that hard to beat
NaomiMinette
Gale Wing Talonflame, gogogogogogo!

...But seriously, I'm somewhat calling BS on that.
Professor Prinny

Blazevoir wrote:

Smogon wrote:

Well then...
I guess I need to rethink my team then. >_>
My Blaziken worked well with Dragonite in double battles so i'll be missing it again :cry:
Though regardless i'll still probably use it.

Blazevoir wrote:

Agreed. I've seen many threats to Blaziken such as Mega Alakazam and Gale Wings Talonflame that completely destroyed my Blaziken before it did anything since it's somewhat fragile. (Mega Alakazam taking Speed Boost from Trace too).

Just use a faster Pokemon from the offset and or have a good priority Pokemon like Aqua Jet Azumarill and you'll be fine against it. Heck there are a few Pokemon available that can tank it if the Blaziken runs Protect instead of Swords Dance.
Stefan
Just threw 500k out for clothes.. my bad habit.
Norbi

Professor Prinny wrote:

I guess I need to rethink my team then. >_>
My Blaziken worked well with Dragonite in double battles so i'll be missing it again :cry:
Though regardless i'll still probably use it.

Blazevoir wrote:

Agreed. I've seen many threats to Blaziken such as Mega Alakazam and Gale Wings Talonflame that completely destroyed my Blaziken before it did anything since it's somewhat fragile. (Mega Alakazam taking Speed Boost from Trace too).

Just use a faster Pokemon from the offset and or have a good priority Pokemon like Aqua Jet Azumarill and you'll be fine against it. Heck there are a few Pokemon available that can tank it if the Blaziken runs Protect instead of Swords Dance.
I wouldn't mind other people using a Speed Boost Blaziken against me, it'd just a nice challenge to defeat it. That's all I have to say about it. (I'm nowhere with my 6th gen team yet.) Also, why is normal, aka Blaze Blaziken banned as well, by the way? Now I call bullshit on that.
Jinxy

Professor Prinny wrote:

Their argument is basically you need such pokemon to counter Blaziken, which reduces team diversity, afaik.

As for the banning of Blaze Blaziken, why are you even using Blaze Blaziken
show more