forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy
The sweeper needs a boosting move (Swords Dance or Hone Claws in Talonflame's case) and Protect. Substitute is the suggested 3rd move because it provides an "Extra Life" in case something fucks up (Brightpowder miss hurr), leaving only 1 attacking move.

Also, I done goof'd, Venomoth doen't have Air Slash, Mothim does. Though, it does have Signal Beam. Unless there's some new ability like Sunglasses, it should work well.
Neroh

Jinxy wrote:

The sweeper needs a boosting move (Swords Dance or Hone Claws in Talonflame's case)
Obviously not for Talonflame but could Power-Up Punch be viable for sweeping with say Blaziken and/or other fighting types? Effectively on a Speed Boost Blaziken you could gain speed and attack boosts in one turn, as well as deal some damage.
NaomiMinette
That's IF you can even hit with Power-Up Punch AND not get hurt/afflicted by a status condition in return...
Neroh

Blazevoir wrote:

That's IF you can even hit with Power-Up Punch AND not get hurt/afflicted by a status condition in return...
Yeah, I guess there are a few abilities that could turn this into a bad move. How is Clawitzer for a sweeper? I could see Mega Launcher combined with the various pulse/aura moves being quite powerful + you can teach it many move types within these boosted names.
Jinxy

Blazevoir wrote:

You're boosting only when the opponent has Truant, so that's not the problem.

The problem is you don't actually want to KO the pokemon yet, until you're done boosting. If you KO the pokemon, you have to set up Truant on the next pokemon, which can get problematic.

Also, we're not talking about normal sweepers that are used in PvP battles and try to cover as many types as possible, we're talking set-up sweepers that must OHKO most of the time and go first, because nothing can bail them out and if they fall, your streak is basically over. Most of the time, they're only going to be able to hold 1 attacking move so that single move must be easily boosted, hold little resistances, and absolutely nothing must be able to nullify it.
Neroh

Jinxy wrote:

Also, we're not talking about normal sweepers that are used in PvP battles and try to cover as many types as possible, we're talking set-up sweepers that must OHKO most of the time and go first, because nothing can bail them out and if they fall, your streak is basically over. Most of the time, they're only going to be able to hold 1 attacking move so that single move must be easily boosted, hold little resistances, and absolutely nothing must be able to nullify it.
Ahh I see what you mean, so like a Pokémon trained and given a move set designed to be able to OHKO any or as many Pokémon as possible?
Jinxy
Yeah, that's right.

EDIT: FINALLY
SPOILER

FIRST EVER SHINY (Red Gyarados doesn't count)
Sapphiire_old_1
anny one wants to trade /give away a 5 iv Mawille/honedge/venipede ?
Azure_Kite

Jinxy wrote:

Yeah, that's right.

EDIT: FINALLY
SPOILER

FIRST EVER SHINY (Red Gyarados doesn't count)

Damnit, Jinxy. I had a shiny Amoonguss you could have had to complete your evolution chain. But I no longer have it ;~;
NaomiMinette
Bit relevant: the X/Y soundtrack is out on iTunes in North America and Europe now! (Maybe now we'll start seeing X/Y beatmaps? :P)
Sapphiire_old_1

Blazevoir wrote:

Bit relevant: the X/Y soundtrack is out on iTunes in North America and Europe now! (Maybe now we'll start seeing X/Y beatmaps? :P)

Oh GOD i Would Love to play those
Trash Boat
a XY intro beatmap will be EPIC
NotEvenDoomMusic

I know that there's a lot of dex entries regarding hunting/extinction/creepy-stuff and so forth.
But it always put me to thought how humans actually are "surviving", since, well... not everyone is vegitarian/vegan so i guess they also need meat to survive.

Seems like Basculin is getting hunted down for you to enjoy in Le Wows restaurant.
Thinking of that... Clauncher/Clawitzer would sure taste good with butter if it's perfectly IV breed and EV trained to taste.
Azure_Kite
The Magikarp that survive the ponds to adulthood/evolution become their fallen sibling's avenger.
Lulshack
Hullo guiz here's mine and a friends codes, add us for shizzle drizzle.

Mine: 4613-7623-5879
SNB: 2337-4352-6794

Ty. 8-)
NotEvenDoomMusic

Lulshack wrote:

Hullo guiz here's mine and a friends codes, add us for shizzle drizzle.

Mine: 4613-7623-5879
SNB: 2337-4352-6794

Ty. 8-)
added both of you to the google .doc

wow SNB are you proud that you can finaly have the real original™ in pokemannen?
i bet with you that you have a "Real™" pokemon type in your friend safari.
Lulshack
Cool, danke. Both of us have rock type safaris (fk u game), SNB has Pupitar, Nosepass and Barbaracle and I has Corsola, Dwebble and Shuckle. We're on Y. IGNs are Willow (SNB) and Shibe. (your's truly)
Sapphiire_old_1

Poor mewto Y x)

Dem Feels :'(
La Volpe
Sup guys, i got a question for the Poképros: I have a Evee with max affection and a fairy type move, but I want to evolve it into a Glaceon so if i train it near the icy rock. Will it evolve into a Sylveon because of the fairy type move or into a Glaceon. Should I remove the fairy type move before training it?

Thanks alot.
Ekaru
That's a very good question you should test for us. Save before leveling it and see what happens. You should be able to just use a rare candy to test. I would think that the rock would override the other requirements, though. In terms of evolution priority it should be rocks > Sylveon's shit > happiness.
awp

Ekaru wrote:

In terms of evolution priority it should be rocks > Sylveon's shit > happiness.
it depends entirely on how they implemented it. Note, however, that Eevee apparently needs max affection AND max fullness to evolve (that's what I read anyhoo) so just play a game with Eevee to reduce fullness and then battle.

Failing that,

DO NOT ATTEMPT THE FOLLOWING:

Just beat the shit out of your Eevee in Pokemon-Amie until the affection level goes down (I haven't tested if animal cruelty can decrease affection but logically it should)
La Volpe

Ekaru wrote:

That's a very good question you should test for us. Save before leveling it and see what happens. You should be able to just use a rare candy to test. I would think that the rock would override the other requirements, though. In terms of evolution priority it should be rocks > Sylveon's shit > happiness.
Alright I tested and it evolved into a Glaceon, so rocks has priority over fairy type moves.
Sapphiire_old_1

La Volpe wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

Alright I tested and it evolved into a Glaceon, so rocks has priority over fairy type moves.
Good u Tested it , Good to know
NaomiMinette

SoG Tava wrote:

Poor mewto Y x)
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Dem Feels :'(
Oh wow... Never thought Phantump would get some love. And aww =(
Rorona

Blazevoir wrote:

SoG Tava wrote:

Poor mewto Y x)
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!
I think you meant to say.
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY because it's the Y Mega Evolution.

What is there really to do once you've put in over 100 hours into the game?
I've strayed away from it :x
Jinxy

awp wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

In terms of evolution priority it should be rocks > Sylveon's shit > happiness.
it depends entirely on how they implemented it. Note, however, that Eevee apparently needs max affection AND max fullness to evolve (that's what I read anyhoo) so just play a game with Eevee to reduce fullness and then battle.
It only needs 2 affection hearts, not max.
NaomiMinette

Rorona wrote:

I think you meant to say.
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY because it's the Y Mega Evolution.

What is there really to do once you've put in over 100 hours into the game?
I've strayed away from it :x
>_> @ spoiler line. Anyway, other than wait till next month, I guess there's always the Battle Maison and online battling, but meh...

For me, I'm just trying to grow berries and checking up on them like every 2-3 hours while playing something else.
NotEvenDoomMusic
Well, on a sidenote for everyone who still needs something like Gibble or so- have a lot of 4 IV and 2x 5 IV perfect pair of gibble(s)
All Gibles are Adamant natured and has the Sand Veil ability (sadly not Rough Skin). It also comes with the Outrage eggmove.

Here's an IV spread list of all Gibles up to give away, please copy & paste the IV spread you want on the gible so that i can check it out.
quick guide how it's set up for those unaware
x = any value on that stat
31 = the 31 IV spread on that stat

from left to right, this depics what the pokemon has on IV for each stat
HP/ATK/DEF/SpA/SpD/SPD

Male
- 4 perfect IVs -

31/x/31/31/31/x
31/x/31/31/31/x

31/x/x/31/31/31

31/31/31/31/x/x
31/31/31/31/x/x
31/31/31/31/x/x
31/31/31/31/x/x

31/31/31/x/x/31

31/31/x/31/x/31

Female
- 4 perfect IVs -

x/31/31/31/31/x

x/31/31/31/x/31
x/31/31/31/x/31

31/31/x/31/x/31

31/31/31/31/x/x

31/31/31/x/x/31

31/x/x/31/31/31

31/31/31/x/31/x

I also got like i said above, two Gibles that can mate with eachother, though, they're identical except of the fact that one is each gender (Male/Female)
Spread is 31/31/31/31/31/x

anyone by interest of either one, just notice it out here.

The list is purely for people who wants specific IVs on either egg group or their (competitive) Gible; if no one happens to have interest in them - i'd be wondertrading them away for good.

PS: I'm breeding the most unecessary things just for fun... and it's actually quite fun. ._.

Also, i would highly appreciate anyone to come up with a good trade time whenever you feel like (preferably if you also mention your timezone to make it for both of us a good time to trade)
La Volpe
I'll take one.
31/31/31/31/x/x Male or female I dont really care. :)
Shirotaku
Can I have a male one ? :D
been breeding gibles but still no good results ..
NotEvenDoomMusic

Shirotaku wrote:

Can I have a male one ? :D
been breeding gibles but still no good results ..
Sure thing :)
Though, you need to get online in X/Y, I don't ask for any specific pokemon so give me either of your breedings attempts or scatterbug/whatevs. for the Gible.
What spread do you actually want?
Haneii
Add me please ^_^

0602-7074-3706
Jinxy
Is there a way to check the amount of eggs hatched other than entering a Wifi battle and waiting for the random stats to pop up?
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

Is there a way to check the amount of eggs hatched other than entering a Wifi battle and waiting for the random stats to pop up?
Wait, they actually track that? o.0
Jinxy
They even track the amount of PP Ups used for some weird reason
rust45
They also track how many times the IV judge has judged you. They have a lot of weird stats they track.
0_o
It seems to me that all of those stats correlate with how much effort the player has put into making optimized pokemon. They're probably there to show how hardcore the player is.
Jinxy
Whoops hit the money cap

What should I spend it on, any suggestions? Bought vitamins, repels, not sure what else. (Other than clothes, I already cleaned the shops today)
Professor Prinny

Jinxy wrote:

Whoops hit the money cap

What should I spend it on, any suggestions? Bought vitamins, repels, not sure what else. (Other than clothes, I already cleaned the shops today)
Pokeballs. And lots of them.

btw can someone help me trade my Kadabra so I can evolve it into Alakazam?
Azure_Kite
Yeah, I have a few thousand Dusk Balls because reasons.
show more