forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nyari

i swear legit guise!!!?!?!?!!??
Azure_Kite
Considering there's no way to get Whimsicott until December, yeah. It's legit, but it's not something overly exciting.
NaomiMinette

PROGUY wrote:

Okay, but what can you offer in return?
Never mind, I'm about to get one from someone else. Thanks, anyway.

Nyari wrote:

i swear legit guise!!!?!?!?!!??
Heh... Way to abuse the current situation, you guys >_> Funny if the offerer forgets by the time Pokémon Bank comes out and... ;)
Azure_Kite
Click to read a short story on Azure being a giant silly: The misinterpretation of Blaze's statement
Abuse? We both got pokemon we clearly wanted, otherwise they wouldn't have made a request for a currently available starter Pokemon at level 51-60 in exchange for a Legendary, lol.

I haven't had a trade request back from them, so I guess they didn't really want it.

In short, your perception of a pokemon's value and someone elses is not necessarily the same, therefore it is not necessarily abuse if both parties are happy with the exchange :D
NaomiMinette
*slaps Azure* =|
NotEvenDoomMusic
Saw a lot of those offers passing by as I was looking for an Xernas to Xernas trade, like Frillish, Smogon and a lot of unobtainable startes like the Gen II, Gen III except of Torchic, Gen IV and Gen V startes.

Also, if someone wants to bathe in joy having an shiny, check out Octillery in GTS.
There are quite some offers there and a lot of shinys for trade... though, most of them are hard to get or are a one time thing (like the 3 legendary chickenwings)

Azure_Kite wrote:

Abuse? We both got pokemon we clearly wanted, otherwise they wouldn't have made a request for a currently available starter Pokemon at level 51-60 in exchange for a Legendary, lol.

I haven't had a trade request back from them, so I guess they didn't really want it.

In short, your perception of a pokemon's value and someone elses is not necessarily the same, therefore it is not necessarily abuse if both parties are happy with the exchange :D
See it in a different light.
I'm holding the very last piece of your favourite sweet in my hands and none of it will be ever produced.
That means, only i have it and you want it too- though i want something for an exchange that doesn't exist in the current time or given time, something that is very easy to obtain but at the same time not currently available.
Until you're able to get the deal done, it's concealed within a blast and indestructable showcase box.

So yeah, obviously, 90% of the legendary GTS traders are showcasing those "the requested pkmn are so common and easy to get but yet cannot be caught in the current circumstances"
Azure_Kite
*Slaps Blaze back for the unwarranted physical attack* :/ Perfectly warranted, I apologize.

@NEDM, I believe I actually misread what Blaze meant, so I am a giant silly.

Why is it so hard for Nintendo to implement a filtering system which returns either a Valid/Invalid statement to the GTS if a pokemon is either presently unavailable or unrealistic?

You generally aren't going to find a Level 1-10 stage 3 pokemon, so why don't they just automatically error requests for them unless Bug Pokemon? Same goes for most Legendaries, although Dream Radar threw a bit of a change into the mix there.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Azure_Kite wrote:

*Slaps Blaze back for the unwarranted physical attack* :/ Perfectly warranted, I apologize.

@NEDM, I believe I actually misread what Blaze meant, so I am a giant silly.
Lol, it's okay :I

Azure_Kite wrote:

Why is it so hard for Nintendo to implement a filtering system which returns either a Valid/Invalid statement to the GTS if a pokemon is either presently unavailable or unrealistic?

You generally aren't going to find a Level 1-10 stage 3 pokemon, so why don't they just automatically error requests for them unless Bug Pokemon? Same goes for most Legendaries, although Dream Radar threw a bit of a change into the mix there.
At least you have the filtering option for legendaries (so that Xernas and Yveltal requests are ignored) and I think that's a step forward to the right filtering option.
It pains me too to see people wanting a Charizard that is lv. 1-10 which is impossible...
Azure_Kite
That's exactly the sort of trades I'm talking about.

If a trade is clearly impossible (e.g. the Pokemon is not available in a region in it's evolved form at a lower level), then it should come back with an error instead of going through with it.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Azure_Kite wrote:

That's exactly the sort of trades I'm talking about.

If a trade is clearly impossible (e.g. the Pokemon is not available in a region in it's evolved form at a lower level), then it should come back with an error instead of going through with it.
Thank god that GameFreak created Pokémon X and Y for the 3DS, since with its technology we'll see...

Cant' wait for them to make their next move regarding those, and I hope it's not too frequent aswell :<
Azure_Kite
Yeah, I'm a little perplexed as to what they want the Strange Souvenir to represent, since the guy who gives it to you says that he's from a region we haven't heard of before. Maybe DLC will unlock it's true purpose.

That being said, it could just be an even more useless version of the Berserk Gene. Man, that item back in the day, I was like "WTF IS THIS!?" imagining it would be the best thing ever. Nope.
Nyari
wait, how come i can't get dittos in rorona's friend safari :O
Jinxy
You need to be online with her at the same time for the Safari to update.
Nyari
god damnit ;w;
Jinxy
I'm genuinely curious whether I'll get a shiny Mawile first or the Japanese Lucario I'm using is going to hit Lv100 first. It's already at 60.
Trash Boat
is just me or nobody made yet a Pokémon XY beatmap?
Azure_Kite
That's probably because anybody that would care about a Pokemon X/Y beatmap are, you know. Playing Pokemon X/Y.
Nyari

Azure_Kite wrote:

That's probably because anybody that would care about a Pokemon X/Y beatmap are, you know. Playing Pokemon X/Y.
+1

EDIT: Does anyone know if you can only get males from safari? i've seen around 20 eevee's and none has been female
Azure_Kite
Females do occur, it's just that Eevee has a non 50/50 Gender Ratio, and sometimes RNG is a bitch. :<
NaomiMinette
>Gets a Squirtle with Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse

New Egg Moves? o.o
Bestelle
Is it bad that I traded for Yveltal with a Tyrogue? Speaking of that, does anyone want a Tyrogue?
NotEvenDoomMusic

RL Link wrote:

Is it bad that I traded for Yveltal with a Tyrogue? Speaking of that, does anyone want a Tyrogue?
Wait, you traded your Yveltal for an Tyrogue?
Or you've traded your Tyrogue for an Yveltal?

Already got one, no thanks.
Ciunek
Finally got my first shiny of this gen :')
SPOILER

Safari Zone Eevee - too bad SpA nature but CRAPPY SpA IV :(
Bestelle

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

RL Link wrote:

Wait, you traded your Yveltal for an Tyrogue?
Or you've traded your Tyrogue for an Yveltal?

Already got one, no thanks.
Latter.
I'm running X. Maybe I should word that differently, but it still makes sense to me.
NotEvenDoomMusic
Well, there's nothing wrong into getting a lucky catch in GTS, congratulations (;
Got my 2nd Mewtwo that way + an Yveltal myself, so that i can get an spot on spot view at Mega-Mewtwo X and Mega-Mewtwo Y in dual-battle~

Still questionable why/how that person ultimately wanted an Tyrogue since it's oddly easy to get your hands onto one, though i think the sentence of Azure_Kite applies here quite well:

Azure_Kite wrote:

... your ones perception of a pokemon's value and someone elses is not necessarily the same, therefore it is not necessarily abuse if both parties are happy with the exchange
Which probably ends up to the rope that the person who deposited the Yveltal had no common interest or in fact, feeling no value onto having one... or in the worst part for him/her; unkowning about Yveltal being an unique pokemon.
see Azure, the stuff you wrote wasn't dumb at all :3

I had given out an Larvesta and Dratini for both legendaries, but they were spare ones so that wasn't a called loss.
Speaking of Tyrogue, i've instantly got one just by depositing an Friend Safari Ditto- so that was kinda convenient for me.

Anyhow, you can drop Friend Safari Dittos for anything you basically want, got everything i wanted in matter of seconds if not the longest waiting time was 5 minutes for an Magby.
Rorona
Am I still the only person in this thread without a shiny?

I mean I chain fished until 78, and I didn't get anything, so apparently this game really doesn't like me.

_Remi

Rorona wrote:

I mean I chain fished until 78, and I didn't get anything, so apparently this game really doesn't like me.
You must be really unlucky, I got a shiny (Clauncher) after chain fishing 30 - 40.
Nyari
im still without luck ;w;
Soulclenz

Rorona wrote:

I am still without a shiny as well.
Professor Prinny
You guys will probably get shinies sometime because it feels like the chances of shinies appearing have increased.
But that's just a feeling, nothing more. Also I could probably be wrong.
Bestelle
Just got a shiny Ditto with that Imposter ability. Nature is Quiet(is this a bad nature?)
Rorona

Professor Prinny wrote:

You guys will probably get shinies sometime because it feels like the chances of shinies appearing have increased.
Logical fallacy.

RL Link wrote:

Just got a shiny Ditto with that Imposter ability. Nature is Quiet(is this a bad nature?)
It gets increased speed but lowered special attack.
awp
Eevee gender ratio is reportedly 1/8, and in breeding Eevees I've gotten maybe 40 males and 3 females
_Remi

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

I'm adding everyone from the Google doc.
Reposting this since some people haven't added me yet. :|
Rorona
Of course after I post that one post about me not having a shiny, I find a shiny.

Seviper too <3
Bestelle

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

I'm adding everyone from the Google doc.
Reposting this since some people haven't added me yet. :|
My bad
If anyone else has added me that I don't know about PM me on osu or something.
NaomiMinette

Rorona wrote:

RL Link wrote:

It gets increased speed but lowered special attack.
Wrong order. Special Attack is increased, Speed is lowered.
PROGUY

Blazevoir wrote:

PROGUY wrote:

Okay, but what can you offer in return?
Never mind, I'm about to get one from someone else. Thanks, anyway.
okay.jpg :(

Oh well, I still have Squirtles if anyone else wants 'em.

RL Link wrote:

My bad
You should just check the Google doc. I've added everyone on that list and only like five from there has added me back.
Soulclenz
I will go through the list next time im online and add everyone.
Bestelle

PROGUY wrote:

RL Link wrote:

My bad
You should just check the Google doc. I've added everyone on that list and only like five from there has added me back.
...What? I was mentioning that if they did try to add me and I don't know if they did. The doc list doesn't tell me that.
show more