forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Neroh

battler077 wrote:

On topic: how much do you estimate PokéBank should cost?
Pokébank has been said to cost $4.99 annually, and probably £4.99 for us Brits, I don't think they will stick to conversion rates as its not a large sum of money to begin with
:)
Nyari
what do you guys use for HM slaves? Bidoof/bibarel?
Azure_Kite
I've got them spread around my main team, really.

Sigiliph knows Fly
Azumarill knows Strength, Surf and Waterfall
Bellossom knows Sweet Scent and Cut
Ciunek
I used Hawlucha for main HM slave, since it learned 4 of them: Strenght, Cut, Fly and Rock Smash (not a HM, but still has field use). For Surf and Waterfall, I used Lapras.
NaomiMinette

Nyari wrote:

Mainly Diggersby (Strength, Cut, Rock Smash, and Surf) and Lapras (Surf, Waterfall, Strength, and Rock Smash) for me. Fly is on my Charizard.

I'm surprised Flash isn't really needed anymore.
Jinxy
There's no downside to the person if someone else receives his O-Power when he uses it and gets an aura, right? Been borrowing andrewshen's Hatching L3, lol. Incredibly helpful when trying to hatch dragons.
NaomiMinette
Hey deadbeat, shouldn't the X/Y patch QR Codes be posted on the OP?
Nyari

Blazevoir wrote:

I'm surprised Flash isn't really needed anymore.
it makes less pokemons (pokemen?) appear in caverns tho!
NotEvenDoomMusic

Nyari wrote:

JustinBibarel with Rock Smash, Strenght, Cut and Waterfall
Blastoise with Surf
Flygon with Fly

Also, saw one passerby with a cool message:

Now I'm really eager to know who that guy was.

Nyari wrote:

it makes less pokemons (pokemen?) appear in caverns tho!

easily said, flash became useless :I
Trash Boat
maybe he/she is an Osu player, maybe? and btw, nice avatar deadbeat
ot: how many Master Balls did you get in the game? in BLW2 you could get up to 2(the only game that you could get more than 1)
Azure_Kite
What is Osu!?

Like, seriously.

I suppose techinically the Master Ball Limit is infinite, since you get them as a prize for getting a perfect match in the Lotto draw.

Realistically, you're only going to find one or two before you stop playing.
Rorona

battler077 wrote:

ot: how many Master Balls did you get in the game? in BLW2 you could get up to 2(the only game that you could get more than 1)
you can get one from the grand prize from the lotto thing, so infinite.
Trash Boat

Azure_Kite wrote:

What is Osu!?
Like, seriously.
..........*facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk*
Jinxy

battler077 wrote:

Azure_Kite wrote:

What is Osu!?
Like, seriously.
..........*facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk*
1. NEDM was wondering what the IGN of the passerby was, not why the message was "Osu!". It's painfully obvious that he's an osu player.
2. Azure was joking that osu! should be spelt with an lowercase "o" and not an uppercase one.
Azure_Kite

Jinxy wrote:

1. NEDM was wondering what the IGN of the passerby was, not why the message was "Osu!". It's painfully obvious that he's an osu player.
Not necessarily. Osu is used as a greeting to one's master in Karate, in certain circumstances and groups.

It could also be construed as a condensed version of "Ohayou Gozaimasu", cut down to Ohayou gozaimasu, because reasons.

EDIT: Lesson time! http://www.karatebyjesse.com/meaning-oss-osu-japanese/ , it's an interesting read, if you can get past the bloggy nature of it all.
NotEvenDoomMusic
I went away to buy me some chips and softdrinks just to peek back to the topic just... to see people swifting onto that topic :C

Eitherways, yes I was wondering if that guy/gal also has an IGN in Osu! and if he/she is an more competitive player around-
@Azure: Thanks for sharing that information, it might be that aswell- just interesting on how many people you're able to "walk" across.
NaomiMinette

battler077 wrote:

The boulevards of Lumiose city should be called The Arctic Circle. why? because your game freezes when you try to continue from there
1) That's been announced ever since a few days ago.
2) Did you not read deadbeat's post? He said the patches were out already which fixes that issue...
Jinxy

Azure_Kite wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

Not necessarily. Osu is used as a greeting to one's master in Karate, in certain circumstances and groups.

It could also be construed as a condensed version of "Ohayou Gozaimasu", cut down to Ohayou gozaimasu, because reasons.

EDIT: Lesson time! http://www.karatebyjesse.com/meaning-oss-osu-japanese/ , it's an interesting read, if you can get past the bloggy nature of it all.
Yeah, I know all that, but the guy has a Korean name.
Trash Boat

Blazevoir wrote:

1) That's been announced ever since a few days ago.
2) Did you not read deadbeat's post? He said the patches were out already which fixes that issue...
1-that was a joke, but it seems to have being rendered useless
2-i'm reading it right now. so i apologize(bow in sense of apologize)
NotEvenDoomMusic
Oh just wanna mention something, since the 1.1 patch, it seems like my connection is much more stable... whenever I idle and came back after around 10 minutes I always get disconnected now I can idle for an hour and I don't have to reconnect at all...

it was so annoying since whenever i want to empty out my O-Power gauge to friends/strangers I have to always reconnect and wait for around a minute to finaly be able to do anything :/

Anyways, with that said- I'm so glad pokemon is finaly "patchabe" which can fix exploits/bugs and so forth and maybe adding in some future content which doesn't rely on buying a new version of that game.
Though, I really hope pokemon won't rely on Call of Duty money anytime soon or just in generall for the future... which is solely smacking one (useless) DLC over another.
Rorona
To: The people that message me in game to ask me if I can friend them because I have ditto in my friend safari.

Please message me or leave a reply to the thread with your friend code. I need your friend code to be able to add you, and I think I've added all the people in this thread already >.<

Also, sometimes I'm online, but afk. If I don't respond to you, please message me. Thank you.

On a good note, Skarmory! :)
NaomiMinette

Rorona wrote:

Skarmory
The bane of my existence (or at least, it was in Gen V)...

Btw, is it possible for Friend Safari Pokémon to have held items?
Jinxy
I think so. I asked my friend to catch my Minccinos and Chanseys to trade to me and some of them were holding lucky punches.
Ciunek
If anyone wants some Mawiles (4x perf IV) tell me, I was breeding for 5 IV male for andrewshen (so we both have Masuda chances) and ended up with like 10 of unneeded ones. Else I'm just gonna trade that over Wonder Trade or something.
NotEvenDoomMusic
No thanks, probably not going to grow an Mawile anytime soon :c

Also, I've came up to an idea... why hasn't there been an picture of an Pokémon using Sandstorm... while its nick is "Darude"?

Like, seriously. I totally would do that but since my version of pokemon is german- that wouldn't really work out well/wouldn't be funny since Sandstorm is called "Sandsturm"

Anyone with spare time & pokemons please grant me that little wish and do that please :c
Trash Boat
just a few questions(sorry to keep bothering you but i still do not have the game)1-did the X-Transceiver came back? 2-how does the Pokédex look like? 3-how many original Pokémon from Kalos are in total?
NotEvenDoomMusic

battler077 wrote:

just a few questions(sorry to keep bothering you but i still do not have the game)1-did the X-Transceiver came back? 2-how does the Pokédex look like? 3-how many original Pokémon from Kalos are in total?
1. No, but the replacement for it is now the "Holo Caster" which projects a holograph of that message to you. Though, you can't call people with it, just receive things.
2. like this
3. 69 new pokemons were introduced in X and Y, excluding the non-announced 3 new legendaries that was rumored about.
NaomiMinette

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

excluding the non-announced 3 new legendaries that was rumored about.
I'm expecting either 1) a patch that adds new game/storyline content involving them, 2) a (boring) Mystery Gift event, or 3) them showing up in the next Pokémon game. (If it ends up being DLC, PLEASE don't make us pay too much...)

Speaking of which, was anyone disappointed that there wasn't some sort of roller skate mini-game or Rhyhorn Racing (as hinted at Route 22)?
NotEvenDoomMusic

Blazevoir wrote:

I'm expecting either 1) a patch that adds new game/storyline content involving them, 2) a (boring) Mystery Gift event, or 3) them showing up in the next Pokémon game.
that idea/suggestion made me scream like a girl.
Jinxy

Ciunek wrote:

If anyone wants some Mawiles (4x perf IV) tell me, I was breeding for 5 IV male for andrewshen (so we both have Masuda chances) and ended up with like 10 of unneeded ones. Else I'm just gonna trade that over Wonder Trade or something.
Actually, could I have a female one?

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Also, I've came up to an idea... why hasn't there been an picture of an Pokémon using Sandstorm... while its nick is "Darude"?
It's been done before. I would show it but I'm on my phone right now. Nevermind I don't know where it disappeared to

EDIT: i have seen hell and it is an inverse battle shedinja

he has to run out of pp soon right

right

EDIT2: Ran out of X-Scissor, Toxic and Shadow Sneak, and it started using Double Team. KO'd it with a super weak Riolu that would've died to his other moves.

Got a fucking sitrus berry
Ciunek
LOL I noticed this only when you ninja req'd on me in game. Just catch me on osu chat/IRC next time :P Easier to communicate, especially when you turn off the pokemon chat.

Edit: I still got Hp/Def/SpA/Spe, Atk/Def/SpA/Spe, Hp/Atk/Def/Spe x2, Atk/Def/SpA/Spe left from male Mawiles, didn't check females. Reserved my Hp/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe female for you when you come back, Jinxy.
Azure_Kite
Wouldn't an inverse battle shedinja merely require a grass or ground attack? It's Bug/Ghost, right?
Jinxy
Normal, Grass, Ground, Fighting, Poison, Bug work.

However, I visited him halfway through hatching eggs and only had a Greninja and Talonflame that were the right level, and they couldn't do anything other than stall as Psychic type and get OHKO'd by X-Scissor, respectively.

tomorrow im going to get mega kangashan and whoop his ass
Azure_Kite
You know what this game needs? The ability to attach field-usable TM/HMs to the Y-Shortcut menu that are deregistered/disabled if there isn't a suitable pokemon in the inventory.

Would make Flying and Sweet Scent so much less hassle! And stuff.
NaomiMinette
More on that: WHY in the world did they cut down what you can register from like 12 (or was it 20?) (Gen V) to 4? ._.

Btw, I don't know if this is complete, but here's a list of available Friend Safari Pokémon.
Nyari

Ciunek wrote:

I'll take a mawile, could be useful for breeding! still need to get to safari and look for a good ditto tho. where is the damn safari i havent found the stupid thing yet.
Azure_Kite
You have to beat the Elite Four and get on the Train to reach Kiloude City.
Nyari

Azure_Kite wrote:

You have to beat the Elite Four and get on the Train to reach Kiloude City.
lazyness overwhelming .-. oh well i'll get there one day!
Iain
FC: 2294-4062-8326
In-game Name: Iain
Version: Y
Safari Type: Ground
Pokemon: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Palpitoad
Azure_Kite
I like the PGL. More specifically, I like wonderboxing boxes of Scyther and then using the Mile profits to buy a bajllion Rare Candies and Heart Scales.
show more