forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
La Volpe
That Pokemon center event for your birthday is just cute. :3
NaomiMinette
I heard about that. You also apparentlly get a special Poké Puff.
La Volpe

Blazevoir wrote:

I not sure about that, maybe I have to talk to someone in the Pokémon center to get it.
Laharl

Nerohkun wrote:

I may be wrong, but is it possible you're encountering only the Pokémons you've seen before when activating the radar and not new ones you haven't seen.
I dunno, actually but I remeber it has been posted somewhere.
Azure_Kite

Blazevoir wrote:

Yeah, you do, but you have to go into pokemon amie in order to receive it. I like the music box theme and the whole message from the Nurse. It made me go "awwwwe" on the 17th.

No Happy birthdays for poor poor Azure
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

I already said that to you using Game Chat :P
Azure_Kite
Thanks for jogging my memory; Yes, you DID!!! :D
NaomiMinette
Lol XD

Anyway, fun fact about ambushes: they're totally SRable, especially if you're trying to find those rare/really rare Pokémon \o/ (I caught a Hydreigon this way.) Just make sure you save before one, obviously.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Azure_Kite wrote:

I've sent you one "Happy Birthday" ingame already :c
Norbi
Just caught Xerneas with a Quick Ball and it was a critical catch. It was unexpected and it was the only ball I had to use.

And I have a funny photo for those who have already has at least 8 badges. (You guys probably saw a few other like this, though.)

Also, Happy Birthday, Kite!
Neroh

Laharl wrote:

I may be wrong, but is it possible you're encountering only the Pokémons you've seen before when activating the radar and not new ones you haven't seen.
I dunno, actually but I remeber it has been posted somewhere.
As far as I know in Pokémon X and Y, from what I've done so far with the Pokéradar is that you encounter the same Pokemon you would without using it. I know it is different in Pearl/Diamond/Platinum but I'm not sure about now, will have to research into it :)

Also, happy birthday Azure! (Haven't got around to adding everyone in game yet!)
Ekaru

rust45 wrote:

RemmyX25 wrote:

from what ive read on the official FAQ on the Pokémon Bank, there isnt a way without gen 5 games. Kinda sucks though, my boxes are larger in HG than anything else.
Have fun shooting pokeballs at them while they're hiding in bushes.
? When they're peaking out you throw a pokeball at their bush to get them to start jumping around and then you catch them normally. It's not that hard!
Trash Boat
sorry to change the topic but what did they do to the forums? the square next to the names of each thread has vanished! Edit: nevermind. it came back for some reason
On topic: how much do you estimate PokéBank should cost?
Soulclenz
I'm still looking to trade for a Misdreavus if anyone has one!
La Volpe
I just caught a shiny Clauncher with the fishing chaining method. :D
Azure_Kite

battler077 wrote:

By the sounds of it, the app itself is free, but the subscription is US$4.99 a year.
NotEvenDoomMusic
Been farming and idling in the berry fields for 2-3 hours...
went to Couriway Town, up to Route 18 and used "Rock Smash" onto the first boulder i ran across.

Shiny Graveler.
I wasn't even surprised since i was rewatching some JoJo in the background.
But more surprising stuff though was that it's the 3rd shiny graveler i've encountered in X so far; the other 2 gravelers though... well:

Horde
Magnitude

I think you can puzzle it out yourself what happened.

Oh, and that's the first pokemon i've encountered since i was "farming" the whole damn time when i first started up my 3DS.

... Hmm. I also noticed that I'm having misfortune in luck with this version; since i'm actually encountering hella lot of shinies, way more than i've ever encountered in all past pokemon games i've played.
Though, still have bad luck that i'm engaging shiny pokemons that have self-inflicting damaging moves which is extremely frustrating...
and somehow, it doesn't feel like a great loss anymore (it still hurts when one of your favourite pokemons happen to be shiny and rather kills itself than being caught) when a shiny is slipping away from my fingertips since somehow unconsciously, i know i'm still able to use either the fishing method or radar to hunt for shinies, not to mention also using the matsuda method for the same effect.

Well, adapting to even more new ways you can get shinies is satisfying, when you could think back that the only way of getting a shiny is really just, walking into a bush and hope for the best.
Soulclenz
Hmmmm. I'm reading that misdreavus is unobtainable in Y/X. if this is true i am mega sad now =(.
Rorona
I can get you one in December when we have the bank.

Like, I can catch one in Emerald, transfer it to my Diamond, transfer it to my friend's Black, and then transfer it to my Y, if you can wait that long x.x
NaomiMinette
That reminds me... You didn't say what Nature you wanted for your Jirachi, or does it not matter?
Rorona

Blazevoir wrote:

That reminds me... You didn't say what Nature you wanted for your Jirachi, or does it not matter?
oh i don't really care :/

sorry, I forgot :o
Soulclenz

Rorona wrote:

I can get you one in December when we have the bank.

Like, I can catch one in Emerald, transfer it to my Diamond, transfer it to my friend's Black, and then transfer it to my Y, if you can wait that long x.x
December is the month of my birthday so it will make a nice gift =p.
_Remi
I figured I'd post my FC and stuff.

3DS name: Ashley
In-game name: Aya
Version: X
FC: 1289 - 9210 - 9554

Edit: I'm adding everyone from the Google doc.
Jinxy
> Derping around and simply breeding ralts
> Nothing
> Restaurant battling
> 50 thousand acquaintances asking to do shit with me

I swear they're doing this on purpose
Topic Starter
deadbeat

serebii wrote:

For those of you who have bought Pokémon X & Y both retail or download, the first patch is live on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

This patch fixes:

"The bug preventing the player from resuming the game after saving in certain parts of Lumiose City (Even if the player is already experiencing the above issue, this update will restore functionality
The bug causing certain errors to occur while using certain functions of the GTS (n.b. It gave a communication error if you used the filter"

It's 229 blocks to download so be sure to download it.
Neroh

battler077 wrote:

Pokébank has been said to cost $4.99 annually, and probably £4.99 for us Brits, I don't think they will stick to conversion rates as its not a large sum of money to begin with
:)
Nyari
what do you guys use for HM slaves? Bidoof/bibarel?
Azure_Kite
I've got them spread around my main team, really.

Sigiliph knows Fly
Azumarill knows Strength, Surf and Waterfall
Bellossom knows Sweet Scent and Cut
Ciunek
I used Hawlucha for main HM slave, since it learned 4 of them: Strenght, Cut, Fly and Rock Smash (not a HM, but still has field use). For Surf and Waterfall, I used Lapras.
NaomiMinette

Nyari wrote:

Mainly Diggersby (Strength, Cut, Rock Smash, and Surf) and Lapras (Surf, Waterfall, Strength, and Rock Smash) for me. Fly is on my Charizard.

I'm surprised Flash isn't really needed anymore.
Jinxy
There's no downside to the person if someone else receives his O-Power when he uses it and gets an aura, right? Been borrowing andrewshen's Hatching L3, lol. Incredibly helpful when trying to hatch dragons.
NaomiMinette
Hey deadbeat, shouldn't the X/Y patch QR Codes be posted on the OP?
Nyari

Blazevoir wrote:

I'm surprised Flash isn't really needed anymore.
it makes less pokemons (pokemen?) appear in caverns tho!
NotEvenDoomMusic

Nyari wrote:

JustinBibarel with Rock Smash, Strenght, Cut and Waterfall
Blastoise with Surf
Flygon with Fly

Also, saw one passerby with a cool message:

Now I'm really eager to know who that guy was.

Nyari wrote:

it makes less pokemons (pokemen?) appear in caverns tho!

easily said, flash became useless :I
Trash Boat
maybe he/she is an Osu player, maybe? and btw, nice avatar deadbeat
ot: how many Master Balls did you get in the game? in BLW2 you could get up to 2(the only game that you could get more than 1)
Azure_Kite
What is Osu!?

Like, seriously.

I suppose techinically the Master Ball Limit is infinite, since you get them as a prize for getting a perfect match in the Lotto draw.

Realistically, you're only going to find one or two before you stop playing.
Rorona

battler077 wrote:

ot: how many Master Balls did you get in the game? in BLW2 you could get up to 2(the only game that you could get more than 1)
you can get one from the grand prize from the lotto thing, so infinite.
Trash Boat

Azure_Kite wrote:

What is Osu!?
Like, seriously.
..........*facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk*
Jinxy

battler077 wrote:

Azure_Kite wrote:

What is Osu!?
Like, seriously.
..........*facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk*
1. NEDM was wondering what the IGN of the passerby was, not why the message was "Osu!". It's painfully obvious that he's an osu player.
2. Azure was joking that osu! should be spelt with an lowercase "o" and not an uppercase one.
Azure_Kite

Jinxy wrote:

1. NEDM was wondering what the IGN of the passerby was, not why the message was "Osu!". It's painfully obvious that he's an osu player.
Not necessarily. Osu is used as a greeting to one's master in Karate, in certain circumstances and groups.

It could also be construed as a condensed version of "Ohayou Gozaimasu", cut down to Ohayou gozaimasu, because reasons.

EDIT: Lesson time! http://www.karatebyjesse.com/meaning-oss-osu-japanese/ , it's an interesting read, if you can get past the bloggy nature of it all.
show more