forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy
And I didn't realise that no limits included no level limits. A guy challenged me and I accepted because why not? Then my team was lv 30s I freshly caught from the Friend Safari, staring down at lv 80 legendaries. Nope'd the fuck out and forfeited.
Anhedonia
does anyone has the pokerus effect and wants to share? :o
NotEvenDoomMusic

Jinxy wrote:

And I didn't realise that no limits included no level limits. A guy challenged me and I accepted because why not? Then my team was lv 30s I freshly caught from the Friend Safari, staring down at lv 80 legendaries. Nope'd the fuck out and forfeited.
Yeah, that shit is very tricky and annoying...

Oh and also, here's something useful i've figured out for people who EV train their pokés:

If you're using "Sweet Scent" (you can also use Honey) at an location where hordes can be found; you'll be having almost an guarranteed chance of fighting encountering a horde.

Here's also an unofficial list of Pokemon Hordes you can find on each route, for convenience purposes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

EternalGlory wrote:

yeah sure. send me an trade request ingame i'll send you something over that is infected with pokerus.
Anhedonia

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

Yeah, that shit is very tricky and annoying...

Oh and also, here's something useful i've figured out for people who EV train their pokés:

If you're using "Sweet Scent" (you can also use Honey) at an location where hordes can be found; you'll be having almost an guarranteed chance of fighting encountering a horde.

Here's also an unofficial list of Pokemon Hordes you can find on each route, for convenience purposes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

EternalGlory wrote:

yeah sure. send me an trade request ingame i'll send you something over that is infected with pokerus.
Alright thank you! In battle Maison right now >.>
Azure_Kite
For some reason I've been breeding Pichu's, with help from the Friend Safari.

Got 5 stats maxed at the moment after about 2 hours.
Professor Prinny
The chain fishing takes too long (for me anyway). I guess I don't have the patience.
Though at least I got a shiny Relicanth out of it so that makes it my second shiny thus far.
Bestelle
That chain fishing man. I see so many shiny fish in the GTS now, kinda makes them less... Awesome? I don't know, whatever. Anyway, I wonder if someone would end up challenging me to no limit with level 80 legendaries. Pretty sure I could murder them with my lv 100 Delphox.
Rorona
Did anyone buy the Guidebook?

If so, tell us random information :3 (like where to catch some rare Pokemon or something.)
NaomiMinette
I bought it, but Serebii pretty much posted all of its contents already, plus other info that wasn't in the guidebook (like Pokémon stats/movesets, other Mega Stone locations, etc.).

What Serebii DIDN'T post were hidden item locations, but they're not that important (unless you have OCD like me and NEED to get EVERY SINGLE ITEM!).

EDIT: Fighting SIX Lv 65 Audino at Battle Chateau (Black Writ of Challenge only; obtainable after you beat the Champion then rank up to the last title) + EXP Power Lv 3 + Lucky Egg + Max Affection = 19,550 EXP EACH = 117,300 EXP!... I can only imagine how much that'd be if I was raising another Trainer's Pokémon :o

EDIT 2: After fishing for like 2 hours, I FINALLY got a Dragonair ._. These fishing rates, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
_Remi

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

Would adamant be a good nature for Chespin?
Anyone know?
Rorona

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

Would adamant be a good nature for Chespin?
Anyone know?
I think this would be a better way for you to check, to see if it meshes with your playstyle/party.

Also: Anyone with X, feel like trading me a Houndour/Aron or their respective evolutions?
I can trade you a Larvitar and a Pinsir if you want (among other things).
Azure_Kite

Blazevoir wrote:

EDIT 2: After fishing for like 2 hours, I FINALLY got a Dragonair ._. These fishing rates, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I know, right?

Imagine my frustration when my Raichu's Nuzzle crit'd and I fainted it.

Twice
Azure_Kite
http://ernston.com/goomyclicker/ This just became a thing
Trash Boat
hey how does a Mega Pinsir looks like? i still didnt see it.
Bestelle

Azure_Kite wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

I know, right?

Twice
Surprising enough a friend of mine found it on his first try fishing there and breeded it for me. I don't know how he does it.
Rorona

battler077 wrote:

hey how does a Mega Pinsir looks like? i still didnt see it.
Here.

(Sorry, I put the wrong link earlier)

Azure_Kite wrote:

but i finally stopped playing cookiclicker :(
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

I know, right?

Twice
Jeez... And I thought accidentally making an uber rare Pokémon faint by accident once was bad...

Azure_Kite wrote:

I hate you >_>

In other news... I JUST CAUGHT A SHINY GYARADOS, ASDFL;JAS;DFLJA;LSDFJ;ALSF

It's my first shiny on Y, but it's probably my 4th shiny I've ever caught in my Pokémon career (not including the shiny Gyarados from G/S/C/HG/SS). Btw, no chain fishing was involved.
Rorona
Does anyone know if Diamond/Pearl/Platinum will be available to transfer without a Black/White/2?

with the bank, ofc.
RemmyX25

Rorona wrote:

Does anyone know if Diamond/Pearl/Platinum will be available to transfer without a Black/White/2?

with the bank, ofc.
from what ive read on the official FAQ on the Pokémon Bank, there isnt a way without gen 5 games. Kinda sucks though, my boxes are larger in HG than anything else.
rust45

RemmyX25 wrote:

from what ive read on the official FAQ on the Pokémon Bank, there isnt a way without gen 5 games. Kinda sucks though, my boxes are larger in HG than anything else.
Have fun shooting pokeballs at them while they're hiding in bushes.
rust45

RemmyX25 wrote:

Jinxy
Does anyone here have Safari Dragonair or Shelgon?

EDIT: Holy damn Shiny Mega Gardevoir looks great too. Why are all the megas so good as shinies

Neroh
I'm not sure if anyone else has already touched on this topic but..

I have been looking into Pokéradar Chaining after my recent success with the Fishing Chaining. I will sum up what I have found out here. (It doesn't vary too much from the Pokéradar Chaining technique used in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, but there are a few extras to know) I myself owned both Diamond and Pearl but never really took an interest in shiny Pokémon up until now. So this is a learning experience for me, whether it is new or old news to anyone else in here.
:)

Pokéradar Chaining basically works like this:

1. Acquire the Pokéradar from the scientist on the 2nd floor of the professors lab in Lumiose.
(You must have defeated the Elite Four to do so)

2. Buy a hell of a lot of Repels.
(I'd recommend Super as they are the most cost effective)

3. Find a section of grass/flowers that Pokémon can be caught in, this area should be at least 5x5 for this to work effectively.
(Choose the area depending on that Pokémon you'd like to gain a shiny of)

4. Register the Pokéradar so it is easily accessible through the Y button.
(I would recommend un-registering anything else on there to avoid breaking the chain by mistake)

5. Use a Super Repel and then step into the centre of the area and activate the Pokéradar.
(It is important that you do not use your Rollerblades or bike at any point as this will break the chain)

Before continuing with the steps here I will explain the method for chaining, which was what I had to look up as I couldn't reach chains past 2/3 beforehand.
When you activate the Pokéradar you will notice a few pieces of the grass/flowers will shake, here are the different shakes to note:

Trap square - This square shakes very slightly and will break the chain if stepped into.
Soft square - This square shakes visibly more than the Trap square but still not as violently as the following squares.
Medium square - This square can be difficult to pick out, as it lies somewhere close between the Soft and Rough square.
Rough square - This square moves very violently. (I find it much easier to recognize from the others)
Shiny square - The shiny square signifies a shiny being located in this square, when this square shakes it will make a 'tring' noise so having sound is advisable.

This video shows a shiny square in game:

Now this is the important part:

Remember to always note the square type that you first encounter as this is the square type you will need to move into next!
If you forget or didn't see the correct square, never fear, simply recharge your Pokéradar by stepping anywhere but the shaking grass you did see (make sure not to leave the patch of grass/flowers) then use the Pokéradar again and your chain will continue.

If there is a specific Pokémon in that area that you would like to chain for a shiny then all you have to do is use the Pokéradar until you find that Pokémon and then begin your chain. If at any point during that chain you encounter a different Pokémon then the chain has been broken. There is also a very rare case that you could accidentally enter a different shaking grass and still encounter the same Pokémon, in this case the chain will continue but this will reset the type of square to the one you just entered.

Now back to the steps:

6. Either defeat or capture the wild Pokémon you encounter.
(Running will not work and will only break the chain)

7. Your Pokéradar will automatically locate the next shaking grass/flower squares, find the square that matches the type of your previous and continue.
(Remember you can re use the Pokéradar by following the steps mentioned above under 'Now this is the important part' to re-show the shaking squares)

8. This is basically it, just keep chaining and your chances will increase and reach maximum at 40.
(You can in fact still carry on your chain past the first shiny you meet and keep the maxed chances going, this could be done effectively to catch many shiny Pokémon)

There are many rumoured methods around for successfully chaining, such as only moving to squares 4 apart from each other etc. Here are a few tips useful for when using the Pokéradar:

1. If you can, avoid using squares at the edge of the grass/flower patch as these squares have a lower chance of triggering a follow up chain.
2. Choose a Pokémon strong enough to 1 hit the Pokémon you encounter, the moves you use can then act as a way of counting what you are up to in the chain.
3. Bring a few max ether and/or elixirs to make sure you can keep using these moves.
4. You can never have enough Repels, there can be nothing worse than reaching a 39 chain and then encountering a wild Pokémon in a none shaking square.

And finally... (Talk about long post, I know, geeez :P)

Here are the few things that can in fact break your chain:

1. Entering a patch of grass/flowers that does not have the Pokémon you have been chaining.
2. Entering a Trap square and receiving the message 'It seems there is no Pokémon in here.'
3. Leaving the field you are currently chaining in.
4. Turning off your game, soft resetting does not work, the chain is broken upon re-loading the game.
5. Using the Rollerblades or bike.
6. Having an egg in your party hatch.

And here are a couple that will not:

1. Using an item or any of the menu's in between chaining.
2. Encountering a 'Legendary bird' the chain will continue when it flees.

If I made any mistakes or missed anything I will change/add to this post, hope this helps some of you whether new or old to the Pokéradar! :D
La Volpe
Thanks for that guide Nero, very helpful for Pokénoobs like me. :oops:
Professor Prinny
Now Pokeradar chaining I have patience for.
Caught another shiny sliggoo that way :D
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

Holy damn Shiny Mega Gardevoir looks great too. Why are all the megas so good as shinies

T_T Want SO bad... I have horrible luck finding Ralts though, so there's no way I could find a shiny one in the wild, even with chaining (I have equally horrible luck).

@Nerohkun: Bookmarked your post for future reference :)
Jinxy
Ralts only appears in 1 route and that place is hard as hell to chain in imo. Luckily I found a male Japanese Friend Safari Shuppet so I'm going to try and Matsuda a shiny instead with stats that don't suck too much balls.
La Volpe
That Pokemon center event for your birthday is just cute. :3
NaomiMinette
I heard about that. You also apparentlly get a special Poké Puff.
La Volpe

Blazevoir wrote:

I not sure about that, maybe I have to talk to someone in the Pokémon center to get it.
Laharl

Nerohkun wrote:

I may be wrong, but is it possible you're encountering only the Pokémons you've seen before when activating the radar and not new ones you haven't seen.
I dunno, actually but I remeber it has been posted somewhere.
Azure_Kite

Blazevoir wrote:

Yeah, you do, but you have to go into pokemon amie in order to receive it. I like the music box theme and the whole message from the Nurse. It made me go "awwwwe" on the 17th.

No Happy birthdays for poor poor Azure
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

I already said that to you using Game Chat :P
Azure_Kite
Thanks for jogging my memory; Yes, you DID!!! :D
NaomiMinette
Lol XD

Anyway, fun fact about ambushes: they're totally SRable, especially if you're trying to find those rare/really rare Pokémon \o/ (I caught a Hydreigon this way.) Just make sure you save before one, obviously.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Azure_Kite wrote:

I've sent you one "Happy Birthday" ingame already :c
Norbi
Just caught Xerneas with a Quick Ball and it was a critical catch. It was unexpected and it was the only ball I had to use.

And I have a funny photo for those who have already has at least 8 badges. (You guys probably saw a few other like this, though.)

Also, Happy Birthday, Kite!
Neroh

Laharl wrote:

I may be wrong, but is it possible you're encountering only the Pokémons you've seen before when activating the radar and not new ones you haven't seen.
I dunno, actually but I remeber it has been posted somewhere.
As far as I know in Pokémon X and Y, from what I've done so far with the Pokéradar is that you encounter the same Pokemon you would without using it. I know it is different in Pearl/Diamond/Platinum but I'm not sure about now, will have to research into it :)

Also, happy birthday Azure! (Haven't got around to adding everyone in game yet!)
Ekaru

rust45 wrote:

RemmyX25 wrote:

? When they're peaking out you throw a pokeball at their bush to get them to start jumping around and then you catch them normally. It's not that hard!
Trash Boat
sorry to change the topic but what did they do to the forums? the square next to the names of each thread has vanished! Edit: nevermind. it came back for some reason
On topic: how much do you estimate PokéBank should cost?
show more