forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rorona

Princess wrote:

how did you guys finish it so fast? I'm barely done any of the three dexes. I still have to train a bunch of pokemon to evolve and breed to get their pre-evolved forms. i haven't wonder traded for much.
Someone posted that they had already played 100 hours. I would think that if they spent all 100 of those hours playing, they would have completed their pokedex.
Anhedonia
found a shiny Dragalge using the ''chain'' fishing method.. encountered at @103th encounter

edit2: shiny poliwhirl on 49 using super rod
edit3: another shiny poliwhirl at like ~20
Neroh

EternalGlory wrote:

found a shiny Dragalge using the ''chain'' fishing method.. encountered at @103th encounter

Can you just run from the Pokémon? Does that count towards the chain?
NotEvenDoomMusic
Leaked (rumored) Informations (Spoiler)
It's rumored that there will be 3 new legendary pokemons hitting up X and Y (like Genesect and Meloetta)

#719 Diancie [Rock/Fairy]
#720 Volcanion [Water/Fire]
#721 Hoopa [Psychic/Ghost]

I've tried the GTS method if GTS is autocorrecting my "wanted" pokemon in German for Volcanion and can confirm that it autocorrected from the capslock to normal as if that pokemon actually exist.

Though, I haven't tried for Diancie and Hoopa yet but Volcanion seems like it'll have an international name for all regions.
Anhedonia

Nerohkun wrote:

EternalGlory wrote:

Can you just run from the Pokémon? Does that count towards the chain?
Yes it does count
Neroh
Yes it does count
Awesome! Thanks for sharing by the way! I'm going for a shiny now :)

EDIT: Shiny Horsea at about 50 chain! :D
Nyari
o/ pokemon user name: nyarihype version: y 3ds name: lesteraz will edit post once i get to safari!

edit: adding my fc would be cool 3711-8156-0791
NotEvenDoomMusic

Nyari wrote:

o/ pokemon user name: nyarihype version: y 3ds name: lesteraz will edit post once i get to safari!

edit: adding my fc would be cool 3711-8156-0791
Added you to the google .doc list, as soon as you add me i'll write down what you're having in your Safari (and what type you are aswell).
Nyari
added you!
NotEvenDoomMusic

Nyari wrote:

added you!
Added your Safari Type + the 2 pokemons (will add the 3rd one when you're done with the E4) to the google .doc
El Koko
So far I got:

Shiny Clawitzer (this one is awesome)
Shiny Relicanth
Shiny Sandslash

I'm so f* happy.
Rorona

Kokozord wrote:

So far I got:

Shiny Clawitzer (this one is awesome)
Shiny Relicanth
Shiny Sandslash

I'm so f* happy.
I tried for some 3 hours, and I get no shinies.
I just want a shiny Chinchou :(

Also: Trisk's last Pokémon is a Floette.

RL Link's Pokemon type is Rock.
His Pokemon are Magcargo, Barbarcle and Dwebble.
Lanturn

Rorona wrote:

I just want a shiny Chinchou :(
:(
NotEvenDoomMusic

Rorona wrote:

Also: Trisk's last Pokémon is a Floette.

Added, thanks for covering it up :D
and good luck on your hunt for an Chinchou- if i'd ever come across one (that is shiny) I'll let you know :)
Jinxy
140BP, 100Accuracy. Boomburst 2gud

I think I'll start filling my pokedex now, since it's really hard to build a team when nobody knows what every pokemon has.
Bestelle

Rorona wrote:

Man, that's weak sauce :(. Tempted to ask Trisk if he's willing to add me, but that seems dickish.

Time to keep breeding in hopes of getting a Shiny, it worked for me once so far.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention I'm running Pokemon X if you want to edit that in.
rust45
Not sure how long I was breeding for but I think I'm gonna use this Mawile.
I'll likely EV train in HP Sp Def and Attack. Not sure how I should spread it though.

New breeding mechanics are hella sick, but goddamn this took me forever to get anyway.
Audiodelus
I looked down at my 3DS and saw a passerby slide by whose note was 'Freedom Dive <3' today.
Jinxy

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Leaked (rumored) Informations (Spoiler)
It's rumored that there will be 3 new legendary pokemons hitting up X and Y (like Genesect and Meloetta)

#719 Diancie [Rock/Fairy]
#720 Volcanion [Water/Fire]
#721 Hoopa [Psychic/Ghost]

I've tried the GTS method if GTS is autocorrecting my "wanted" pokemon in German for Volcanion and can confirm that it autocorrected from the capslock to normal as if that pokemon actually exist.

Though, I haven't tried for Diancie and Hoopa yet but Volcanion seems like it'll have an international name for all regions.
As extension to the rumors
Serebii also leaked a move called "Light of Ruin", although the name of this move has already been leaked through the game itself, in Hotel Richissime's Room Service job. The description of the move is "Drawing power from the Eternal Flower, the user fires a powerful beam of light. This also damages the user quite a lot." Although no other details about the move were leaked here, this has been speculated to be the Fairy-type signature move of Diancie.
Sounds like a certain immortal's immortal fairy, no?

EDIT: Has anyone perfectly cleared all of Le Wow's turn numbers in all 3 battle types? I can hit the time perfectly in Double and Triple, but the enemy spams Protect on rotation and I can't do anything about it.
_Remi
Would adamant be a good nature for Chespin?
Rorona
I do an online battle, didn't realize that you could end up you know, doing a 2v5.
At least I took down 3 of his Pokemon before losing :(
Jinxy
And I didn't realise that no limits included no level limits. A guy challenged me and I accepted because why not? Then my team was lv 30s I freshly caught from the Friend Safari, staring down at lv 80 legendaries. Nope'd the fuck out and forfeited.
Anhedonia
does anyone has the pokerus effect and wants to share? :o
NotEvenDoomMusic

Jinxy wrote:

And I didn't realise that no limits included no level limits. A guy challenged me and I accepted because why not? Then my team was lv 30s I freshly caught from the Friend Safari, staring down at lv 80 legendaries. Nope'd the fuck out and forfeited.
Yeah, that shit is very tricky and annoying...

Oh and also, here's something useful i've figured out for people who EV train their pokés:

If you're using "Sweet Scent" (you can also use Honey) at an location where hordes can be found; you'll be having almost an guarranteed chance of fighting encountering a horde.

Here's also an unofficial list of Pokemon Hordes you can find on each route, for convenience purposes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

EternalGlory wrote:

yeah sure. send me an trade request ingame i'll send you something over that is infected with pokerus.
Anhedonia

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

Yeah, that shit is very tricky and annoying...

Oh and also, here's something useful i've figured out for people who EV train their pokés:

If you're using "Sweet Scent" (you can also use Honey) at an location where hordes can be found; you'll be having almost an guarranteed chance of fighting encountering a horde.

Here's also an unofficial list of Pokemon Hordes you can find on each route, for convenience purposes:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

EternalGlory wrote:

yeah sure. send me an trade request ingame i'll send you something over that is infected with pokerus.
Alright thank you! In battle Maison right now >.>
Azure_Kite
For some reason I've been breeding Pichu's, with help from the Friend Safari.

Got 5 stats maxed at the moment after about 2 hours.
Professor Prinny
The chain fishing takes too long (for me anyway). I guess I don't have the patience.
Though at least I got a shiny Relicanth out of it so that makes it my second shiny thus far.
Bestelle
That chain fishing man. I see so many shiny fish in the GTS now, kinda makes them less... Awesome? I don't know, whatever. Anyway, I wonder if someone would end up challenging me to no limit with level 80 legendaries. Pretty sure I could murder them with my lv 100 Delphox.
Rorona
Did anyone buy the Guidebook?

If so, tell us random information :3 (like where to catch some rare Pokemon or something.)
NaomiMinette
I bought it, but Serebii pretty much posted all of its contents already, plus other info that wasn't in the guidebook (like Pokémon stats/movesets, other Mega Stone locations, etc.).

What Serebii DIDN'T post were hidden item locations, but they're not that important (unless you have OCD like me and NEED to get EVERY SINGLE ITEM!).

EDIT: Fighting SIX Lv 65 Audino at Battle Chateau (Black Writ of Challenge only; obtainable after you beat the Champion then rank up to the last title) + EXP Power Lv 3 + Lucky Egg + Max Affection = 19,550 EXP EACH = 117,300 EXP!... I can only imagine how much that'd be if I was raising another Trainer's Pokémon :o

EDIT 2: After fishing for like 2 hours, I FINALLY got a Dragonair ._. These fishing rates, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
_Remi

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

Anyone know?
Rorona

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

Worst Loli Ever wrote:

Anyone know?
I think this would be a better way for you to check, to see if it meshes with your playstyle/party.

Also: Anyone with X, feel like trading me a Houndour/Aron or their respective evolutions?
I can trade you a Larvitar and a Pinsir if you want (among other things).
Azure_Kite

Blazevoir wrote:

EDIT 2: After fishing for like 2 hours, I FINALLY got a Dragonair ._. These fishing rates, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I know, right?

Imagine my frustration when my Raichu's Nuzzle crit'd and I fainted it.

Twice
Azure_Kite
http://ernston.com/goomyclicker/ This just became a thing
Trash Boat
hey how does a Mega Pinsir looks like? i still didnt see it.
Bestelle

Azure_Kite wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

I know, right?

Twice
Surprising enough a friend of mine found it on his first try fishing there and breeded it for me. I don't know how he does it.
Rorona

battler077 wrote:

hey how does a Mega Pinsir looks like? i still didnt see it.
Here.

(Sorry, I put the wrong link earlier)

Azure_Kite wrote:

but i finally stopped playing cookiclicker :(
NaomiMinette

Azure_Kite wrote:

I know, right?

Twice
Jeez... And I thought accidentally making an uber rare Pokémon faint by accident once was bad...

Azure_Kite wrote:

I hate you >_>

In other news... I JUST CAUGHT A SHINY GYARADOS, ASDFL;JAS;DFLJA;LSDFJ;ALSF

It's my first shiny on Y, but it's probably my 4th shiny I've ever caught in my Pokémon career (not including the shiny Gyarados from G/S/C/HG/SS). Btw, no chain fishing was involved.
Rorona
Does anyone know if Diamond/Pearl/Platinum will be available to transfer without a Black/White/2?

with the bank, ofc.
RemmyX25

Rorona wrote:

Does anyone know if Diamond/Pearl/Platinum will be available to transfer without a Black/White/2?

with the bank, ofc.
from what ive read on the official FAQ on the Pokémon Bank, there isnt a way without gen 5 games. Kinda sucks though, my boxes are larger in HG than anything else.
show more