forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ciunek
I tried that 3win2forfeit strat already, works pretty flawlessly. Easy 9 BP, unless you screw it up somewhere (hard to do).
NaomiMinette

Ciunek wrote:

I tried that 3win2forfeit strat already, works pretty flawlessly. Easy 9 BP, unless you screw it up somewhere (hard to do).
Guess I'll try then, though I don't use teams centered around strategies, so (read: I'm more of a casual player)...
Ciunek
I used some of my mons I beat game with, all non-proper EV and without proper natures - Lapras, Delphox and an Aegislash. First trainer uses non-evolved mons, which are easy. I think second guy also doesn't use fully evolved ones. Third already gets them but it's not a hard fight anyway.
Zerostarry
I actually lost 2 battles there cause I have no ****ing idea what the typings are for Gen V pokemon. (I skipped that gen)

Also, non-EV/IV pokes
Noobita
umm, can anyone calculate Yveltal's IVs for me if i post its stats and nature? ._.
NaomiMinette

Noobita wrote:

umm, can anyone calculate Yveltal's IVs for me if i post its stats and nature? ._.
You can try using this.
Noobita

Blazevoir wrote:

Noobita wrote:

You can try using this.
the stats on the bottom of that page are a lot higher than what I have on my Yveltal.. it doesn't make sense ><
rust45

Jinxy wrote:

EV Item + Pokerus + Sweet Scent + A Earthquaker to babysit your pokemon = 50 EVs per Horde

This is insane, you can finish EV training a guy by like 15 minutes. Also it's fun to watch Spindas drop like dominoes.

Using this method to EV train my 31/x/31/31/31/31 Frogadier right now.
Dang, I figured Pokerus with the EV item would be faster than super training. But I never even thought about using hordes.
Trash Boat
why Nintendo took so long revealing the Mega Evolutions? they were already on 1st gen, accord to Pokémon Origins
Edit: sorry to change the topic, but Xerneas has been revealed as a Pokéball Pokémon on the next Super Smash Bros game, accord to the official site. i hope Yveltal and Zygarde will be revealed, too.
Jinxy

Azure_Kite wrote:

Does anyone happen to have a Clauncher and Swirlix they could assist me with acquiring? I have the whipped dream already, but the GTS requests for these are stupid.
LET ME GIVE YOU MY-

Azure_Kite wrote:

Yeah, just got a Clauncher :D

I'm just getting a Swirlix now, by the sounds of it. Thanks for the help though :)
:(

why cant i hold all these clawnchers

Princess wrote:

I actually lost 2 battles there cause I have no ****ing idea what the typings are for Gen V pokemon. (I skipped that gen)

Also, non-EV/IV pokes
I did the 3win2forfeit thing precisely because the last 2 fights actually had some semblance of strategy and I did end up losing sometimes. Through, they still don't switch out. I had my Mega Mawile set up on a (Toxic Stall I think) Shuckle and proceed to use Huge Power Sucker Punch with +6 attack boost to OHKO the rest.
mathexpert
Currently grinding for 9 Eevees w/ premier balls ;_;
Jinxy
If you breed them, the child inherits the mother's pokeball I think
mathexpert
Yeah, you're right (I've already bred one) but 9000+ steps is even more painful. I'll be using the bred one for Sylveon since it needs a fairy type move (it gets it @ lv 9) though~
Rorona
How do people plan on spending their Poké Miles?
I actually would like to know, I don't really see a use for them.
NaomiMinette
PP Up's for me.
Trash Boat
does anyone that has a 3DS enjoys the 3D effects with 3D ON?
Not talking to you, Rorona
Azure_Kite
I've been getting a few thousand at a time and spending them on Rare Candies, it speeds up evolution a lot for me, and considering I'm aiming for a living pokedex, and am three pokemon away from having every Kalos pokemon....

EDIT: Kalos region pokemon are all mine, from Aegislash to Zygarde.
Bestelle

mathexpert wrote:

Yeah, you're right (I've already bred one) but 9000+ steps is even more painful. I'll be using the bred one for Sylveon since it needs a fairy type move (it gets it @ lv 9) though~
Get a fletchling, or whatever the second/third evolution is called. Halves the amount of steps needed, and bikes count.

Also, I ended up getting a shiny two days ago, a Mawile to be exact. From a egg, after I only managed to find one and mated it with Ditto. Feels good man.
Rorona

RL Link wrote:

mathexpert wrote:

Get a fletchling, or whatever the second/third evolution is called. Halves the amount of steps needed, and bikes count.

Also, I ended up getting a shiny two days ago, a Mawile to be exact. From a egg, after I only managed to find one and mated it with Ditto. Feels good man.
Shiny Mawile want :(
i never get any shinys.
Jinxy
asdfehdhdsgf Shiny Mega Mawile looks so good

Azure_Kite wrote:

Kalos region pokemon are all mine, from Aegislash to Zygarde.
Does the prof give anything, like a oval or shiny charm?
Bestelle

Jinxy wrote:

Does it? I didn't get the megastone thing for it yet, still around Route 17. Breeding Pokemon for hopes of shinies and all that. Plus trading for Y specific pokemans.
Rorona

RL Link wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

Does it? I didn't get the megastone thing for it yet, still around Route 17. Breeding Pokemon for hopes of shinies and all that. Plus trading for Y specific pokemans.
I'd like a Mawile, if you have an extra one ^o^
Faust
As would I ! Though I won't be on till the 30th or so.
Bestelle
I do have about 8 more I think, just trying to figure out how to edit myself into the google docs thing, never tampered with this shit before.
Faust halp

Edit: Scratch that, 12 more.
Edit edit: BTW, my friend code is 0919-9979-7986. Name is RL Link across all boards, etc.
Boomkin_old_1
i have a spare mawile if you still need it Rorona
Rorona
I'd love one, just uh...I'm kind of tired, it's about 1:30 in the morning here, and I just played two marathon songs to try to get my rank back up :o

Those are seriously exhausting.
Ciunek
Finally got Hatching O-power before going to sleep yesterday. For the Style check, go to Lumiose City where you buy Stones (or use a Taxi) - once the price drops to 50k, you're stylish enough to receive the final o-power from Cafe Introverse.

---
Just realized something, you know the leader Valerie, the fairy with weird looks and style? I remember watching a video about Valeria Lukyanova (just go google images with her name), I swear they based her off that girl.
Jinxy
I still have 10 mawiles I bred just sitting in my PC box someone pls

Relatively good IVs, with 2-3 31s and a few 25< IVs if anyone wants them

EDIT: i wish i was this good at pr videos
Azure_Kite

Jinxy wrote:

Azure_Kite wrote:

Kalos region pokemon are all mine, from Aegislash to Zygarde.

I meant the new pokes :P

I still need like 50 of the classics to complete the Kalos Dex

EDIT Jinxy you should totally check out my PR video. Although I wish there was finer time granularity than 1s intervals.
Professor Prinny

Azure_Kite wrote:

Although I wish there was finer time granularity than 1s intervals.
I agree but it's fun to make PR videos regardless.
I would have loved to have a hair flick pose though.

Edit: Just made a new one if anyone wants to see just ask when I'm on.
NaomiMinette

Jinxy wrote:

I wanna see =o

I wouldn't be surprised if the Oval Charm was brought back, but we most likely won't be able to see what he gives last until December.

Ciunek wrote:

once the price drops to 50k
Wait, are you talking about the starter Mega Stones? If so, that goes down to 10K.

Jinxy wrote:

i wish i was this good at pr videos
I was disappointed that you couldn't enter custom text... I was gonna try and do something deep :(

Azure_Kite wrote:

you should totally check out my PR video. Although I wish there was finer time granularity than 1s intervals.
Gotta love limitations :roll:

Professor Prinny wrote:

I agree but it's fun to make PR videos regardless.
I would have loved to have a hair flick pose though.
Would love SO much...
Ciunek
Yes, I know the price of those stones can drop to 10k, what I meant is once you get the 50k cost you're stylish enough to get final o-power.
Jinxy

Blazevoir wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

I wanna see =o

The "pants" look more purple, and the chompy mouths are pink like regular Shiny Mawile.

I also just realised how much I missed out on the routes, since I played through without a HM slave. Went on a journey around Kalos again and walked out with a bunch of pretty sweet TMs, including the Dark Pulse I needed for Greninja.
Ciunek
I just did hatching speed comparision with two eggs, both with influence of Flame Body when riding a bike, one using Hatching Power lvl3, other one without any o-power. Both done with Eevee, since it belongs to this notoriously long hatching egg group.

No o-power: around 5 minutes 10 seconds.
Hatching Power level 3: around 2 minutes 45 seconds.

Over 2 minutes saved and costs only 3 dots when given to someone, this is pretty awesome.
Bestelle

Jinxy wrote:

The "pants" look more purple, and the chompy mouths are pink like regular Shiny Mawile.
Oh hey, that looks pretty awesome. When/where do you get that? So my Shiny Mawile could be the awesome.
NaomiMinette
La Volpe
I just found out about Vivillon differents patterns, I must say they all look pretty cool!
Anhedonia
Im breeding a female Ferroseed with a male Cacturne, and my baby/offspring is a Cacnea? o.o

I thought the offspring would be from the female and become a Ferroseed? What am i doing wrong here? :(
Rorona
Excuse me, Luvdisk with the Old Rod?

Really Nintendo?
NaomiMinette

Rorona wrote:

Excuse me, Luvdisk with the Old Rod?

Really Nintendo?
I don't mind. Easy farming for Heart Scales :P
show more