forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Azure_Kite
So far my main party consists of Pikachu, Blaziken, Azumarill, Yveltal, Flametalon and Kirlia.

Also, not sure if common knowledge, but the original three Legendary Birds roam the post-game.
El Koko
I just finished the main plot line, looking for Zygarde now.

Yeah, legendary birds roam. I found articuno on my way and it fled before I could even touch the battle or items options.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, same. Which is strange. Maybe we need a Key Item in order to get them to stay around, or have a pokemon with a trapping ability up front.
Jinxy
Finally got the ability to Mega Evolve, and the only thing I have to say is god my team is so unbalanced but so friggin awesome right now

Blaziken, Delphox, Lucario, Vespiquen, Floette, Golduck.

I don't want to drop my EV-trained Blaziken, Lucario and Delphox, while Floette is so adorable to have.
rust45
I'm currently trying to get a Shedninja with swords dance one it. Does anyone know if Ninjask will still learn swords dance at level 25? Or did it get changed around?
Laharl
Man. What the heck.

Why isn't my Beedrill allowed to participate in Sky Battles? It even has wings, flies in the air and all that stuff...not even Haunter has wings! D:

I hate flying-type-Pokémon. >_<
Azure_Kite
It took 6 fucking Generations.

Azure just discovered that pink little "nose" on Poliwag is a FUCKING MOUTH. 2slo4u
Audiodelus
Hm, you get thestarter that your own starter is good against after you beat the champion.

Also, Ability Capsule: A capsule that allows a pokemon with two abilities to switch between these abilities when it is used. 200bp to buy though.'

Running around getting all the different O-powers now.
Sapphiire_old_1
Finaly :D my Team for beating the game will be :
-Greninja
-Blaziken
-Noivern
-Charizard
-Goodra
-Lucario

So what are ure teams ?
Jinxy
Who's harvested berries and saw the mutations?

I found Qualot (Reduces Defense EVs) from it, grew Oran and Pecha together to get it.

If you guys found the other EV reducers, share them too, I'll probably need loads, lol.
Azure_Kite
Went through and added everyone who I wasn't already friends with :>

What combinations produce the Surprise Mulch? D:
Jinxy
I got it with Oranx3, though I haven't used it yet.
Azure_Kite
Also, Apparently Aspear and Leppa = Hondew Berry.
Moriya Suwako
Here's my friend code: 3222-5732-9006
But too bad...my Pokemon Y was still on the way to my home. ;-; I think I have to wait for several days before I can play it. :(
Azure_Kite
You can store a maximum of 930 pokemon in your boxes. There are 31 boxes total.
Anhedonia
FC: 5069 - 4784 - 5631

Will also add any previous and upcomming friend codes in this thread
Jinxy
Is it just me or are Eevees rare as shit, I can't find any at all
Azure_Kite
I found one in the Yellow Flower Grass in Route 10, it was the first mon that showed up xD

Also, holy shit, Using Pikachu, coupled with that Scatterbug Special Super Training Mission was the closest experience I've had to 3D Danmaku.
Jinxy
I googled and saw that people were finding it in the yellow flowers too, so I went there

Saw one in the regular bush before I even reached. Male, though.

EDIT: Reached the flowers and bam instant female eevee

Now the question is, do I want a Sylveon, or evolve and keep my adorable little flower?
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i just found one in the normal grass. guess i should catch if it's that rare
Anhedonia
How does the pokeradar works now? I use a max repel, then use the device and 4 bushes shake, but nothing appears when walking in them?
Jinxy
If Luminose's camera annoys you, get on a bike. Makes it so much more bearable.
Professor Prinny
I think it's just me but is anyone else encountering more female wild Pokemon than male ones?
NotEvenDoomMusic

Jinxy wrote:

Is it just me or are Eevees rare as shit, I can't find any at all
Nah, Eevees ain't really that rare.

Search for some around evening and you should encounter at least 3 in a row (currently having lots in my boxes to evolve for pokedex) so it shouldn't be a problem.

Though, the encounter rate around noon is pretty poor so yeah, get there if it's around morning and evening, there should be lots of them.
If you're able to buy dark balls and frequently play after 8pm, do it... because it'll be an almost guaranteed catch with any pokemon you encounter.

They're MUCH more efficient than those pathetic super balls you get and even better than hyper balls.
so much worth in them.

Also, if you got the badge from Luminose City I'd highly recommed you to get to the restaurant "Restaurant chez Norme" (GER, dunno if the name is same in all locations)

You can chose from triple battle and rotation battles, I'd recommend you to do the tripple though-
the exp they give each run is quite decent (leveled 3 of my pokemons from 40 to 60 there pretty quick) and you'll earn from each run around 50k-60k pokedollars due to the reward being around 12-17 big mushrooms.
Though, they're all at level 31 so it's recommended to use an pokemon that has an attack that hits multiple targets.

Oh yeah, since wiki isn't refreshing any time soon i'll just post here the order of that restaurant so you'll have an idea what to use to train there:
List of pokemons you'll encounter in Restaurant chez Norme
- entry costs 15.000pd -
[Battle 1]
{Left} Sigilglyph {Middle} Emolga {Right} Mantax

[Battle 2]
{Left} Dugtrio {Middle} Pidgeotto {Right} Shuckle

[Battle 3]
{Left} Sengo {Middle} Sengo {Right} Sengo

[Battle 4]
{Left} Simipour {Middle} Simisear {Right} Simisage

Oh, don't forget to equip items like Lucky Egg and/or Amulet Coin (or Luck Incense)
Boomkin_old_1

Azure_Kite wrote:

Yeah, same. Which is strange. Maybe we need a Key Item in order to get them to stay around, or have a pokemon with a trapping ability up front.
i got moltres by running into it a few times then it went to a cave "sea spirit cave" or something similar and it never fled
Jinxy
I am so confused by Goomy

What the fuck is it and why is it dragon type
Azure_Kite
You can find Ditto in the Pokemon Village, if anyone needs them for Daycare Harem.

I'm thinking of making a list of the pokemon that appear in people's Friend Safari's since they apparently stay the same over different games. So far I've gotten a Charmeleon, Kecleon, and a Wartortle from them :D

Jinxy wrote:

It's a reference to Brachydios in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. It's a wyvern that has Slime it licks onto it's stubby arms, that explodes over time.
NotEvenDoomMusic
German name for Noibat and Noivern is extremely unusual for an pokemon.

Noibat = eF-eM
Noivern = UHaFnir (with a lot of imagination it sounds like Hugh Hefner)

not even kidding.
Laharl

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

German name for Noibat and Noivern is extremely unusual for an pokemon.

Noibat = eF-eM
Noivern = UHaFnir (with a lot of imagination it sounds like Hugh Hefner)

not even kidding.
Yeah, the german names often do sound very shitty.
Professor Prinny

Jinxy wrote:

Evolve it and you'll understand to some extent.
Boomkin_old_1
anyone able to trade with me so i can get a alakazam would really appreciate it
Rorona
I'm absolutely overleveling everything. I'm 50, while trainer pokemon are high 30s.

No grinding, nothing special.
Laharl

Rorona wrote:

I'm absolutely overleveling everything. I'm 50, while trainer pokemon are high 30s.

Using the EXP Share?
Audiodelus
Even with exp share and nothing special, even skipping some trainers at times my "main" was about 15-20 levels higher than the trainer, the rest of my party matching the trainers. It's awfully... smooth? Not sure how I feel about it.
Sapphiire_old_1

Laharl wrote:

Rorona wrote:

Using the EXP Share?

Yeah Most of the times i cant even play with my blaziken cause he lvl so fast that i need to w8 cause i dont have the badge to control him yet
Laharl

SoG Tava wrote:

Yeah Most of the times i cant even play with my blaziken cause he lvl so fast that i need to w8 cause i dont have the badge to control him yet
Yup, I had the same problem with some kind of dinosaur (it's the dragon/rock one, don't know the name D: ) until I turned off the EXP Share.
Back to the good old times.
Norbi
While I still don't own any of the 6th generation games, I've ordered it, and hopefully will get it this week, so I'm giving out my 3DS friend code:

0533-5203-1609

I've already added most of you, so yeah...

Also, leaving this here, just in case: WARNING: Do NOT Save Outside in Lumiose City!
Boomkin_old_1
Looking for Chespin and bulbasaur egg will trade froakie and something for them
NotEvenDoomMusic

Norbi wrote:

Also, leaving this here, just in case: WARNING: Do NOT Save Outside in Lumiose City!
This can be fixed by turning off your 3DS, removing the SD card and then starting up Pokemon X/Y as you usually would do.
Just in case people already are frustrated over that issue.

Hope it'll get fixed soon.
Azure_Kite

Paladin wrote:

Looking for Chespin and bulbasaur egg will trade froakie and something for them

I can get you Chespin and Bulbasaur, but if you chose Froakie as a starter Shauna will trade you a Chespin for ANYTHING after you beat the Elite Four.

EDIT: Oh, right. It's the opposite element. Azure Derp'd
show more