forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
show more
Audiodelus
Eeh, the clothes in the Luminose Boutique are not cheap. Time to go back to battling. And the Trainer PR's are... an 'interesting' addition...
Professor Prinny
Yeah they're expensive, it left me broke after just buying one shirt.
Azure_Kite
I keep getting kicked out because I'm not stylish enough.

I DUN GET IT.
Jinxy
Wait, is the boutique accessible on the first visit or do I have to wait till later? I would kick myself if I missed a boutique
Professor Prinny
Continue through the game. I don't think it's about getting new clothes.

I think it you can go in when you get back to Lumiose city a second time.
Azure_Kite
I've already gotten to Victory Road, so that's not it.
Audiodelus
To be stylish you need to defeat the 1 and 2 star restaurants in Luinose. Or at least, that's what finally got me in.
Edit: What a mysterious game.
Double edit: I also too bought another outfit and did PR. Make of that what you will. Had 5 badges at the time. Don't think its pure progress in that case.
Professor Prinny
Well the only things I bought before I went in were a hat, an accessory and a pair of shoes so I don't know why it's not working for you.
Edit: Also this was before beating the fourth gym leader.
Lanturn
Just added everyone up to Soaprman, so if you were on the list and feel like adding me, go right ahead! FC is on it.

Just about to challenge the 5th gym now.. Why are my Pokémon so overleveled? I really didn't even grind for anything yet.. Unless capturing almost everything I come across is somehow super leveling me?
Jinxy
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comment ... s_pokemon/

Affection OP. Gonna do this tomorrow.
bmin11
Your pokemon can hang on with 1 HP when it's about to faint
WHAT
Audiodelus
More crit, evasiveness and holding on? Geez.
Professor Prinny
That is so OP and I just maxed out my Delphox's affection too. No wonder I'm totally annihilating Lv 50s in Battle Spot at Lv 35.
Audiodelus
Guess I'll be working on that affection tomorrow.

On a different note I was stupid and assumed battles over the net using PPS were default 3 v 3, and ended up going 3 v 6. Unfortunately the person who challenged me only evolved their starters once at that point, so I suppose they were only lv 25-ish even if they all got set to lv 50. I only needed my Mega. Feel kind of bad for them.
Azure_Kite
Azure_Kite

Audiodelus wrote:

Guess I'll be working on that affection tomorrow.

On a different note I was stupid and assumed battles over the net using PPS were default 3 v 3, and ended up going 3 v 6. Unfortunately the person who challenged me only evolved their starters once at that point, so I suppose they were only lv 25-ish even if they all got set to lv 50. I only needed my Mega. Feel kind of bad for them.
I did the exact same thing when someone challenged me to a battle.

Too bad he had starters and I was running around with a Blaziken, Lucario and Venusaur.

I totally went easy on him and took Blaziken, Pikachu and Vivillon. I was winning (obviously) and he ragequit ;~;
Professor Prinny

Azure_Kite wrote:

I did the exact same thing when someone challenged me to a battle.

Too bad he had starters and I was running around with a Blaziken, Lucario and Venusaur.

I went easy on him and took Blaziken, Pikachu and Vivillon. I was winning (obviously) and he ragequit ;~;
I hate rage quitters.
Lanturn
For the amount of Pokémon I have so far (80ish) I've had 3 Critical Captures now.. Still looking for my first shiny though... also the Battles are pretty fun. Battling level 50s with low 40s anyways XD
Rorona
I finished the second gym already, apparently I should have Rock Smash?
help me D:

who talks to npcs anyways
Soaprman
It's in the garden at the mansion.
rust45
So affection affects online battles as well? That seems pretty dumb in my opinion. Makes it even more random.
Zerostarry
Anyone at endgame who can catch me a noibat?

This is important.
Boomkin_old_1

Princess wrote:

This is important.

if you tell me where there about sure.
Azure_Kite

rust45 wrote:

So affection affects online battles as well? That seems pretty dumb in my opinion. Makes it even more random.
If that's the case expect noAffection to be the meta. From my understanding pokemon friendliness and Poke-Amie are non-related.
Zerostarry

Paladin wrote:

Princess wrote:

This is important.

if you tell me where there about sure.
Actually -- I got a Noibat now.

I'm looking for a Swablu if you could be so kind, it is available on Route 21~ :)
Boomkin_old_1
sure ill have alook Princess

O yeah friend code is

4828-4594-6342
Zerostarry

Paladin wrote:

sure ill have alook Princess

O yeah friend code is

4828-4594-6342
I added you and i'm ready to trade.

EDIT: I'm so glad you got me a female one. Gonna breed it now
Azure_Kite
So far my main party consists of Pikachu, Blaziken, Azumarill, Yveltal, Flametalon and Kirlia.

Also, not sure if common knowledge, but the original three Legendary Birds roam the post-game.
El Koko
I just finished the main plot line, looking for Zygarde now.

Yeah, legendary birds roam. I found articuno on my way and it fled before I could even touch the battle or items options.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, same. Which is strange. Maybe we need a Key Item in order to get them to stay around, or have a pokemon with a trapping ability up front.
Jinxy
Finally got the ability to Mega Evolve, and the only thing I have to say is god my team is so unbalanced but so friggin awesome right now

Blaziken, Delphox, Lucario, Vespiquen, Floette, Golduck.

I don't want to drop my EV-trained Blaziken, Lucario and Delphox, while Floette is so adorable to have.
rust45
I'm currently trying to get a Shedninja with swords dance one it. Does anyone know if Ninjask will still learn swords dance at level 25? Or did it get changed around?
Laharl
Man. What the heck.

Why isn't my Beedrill allowed to participate in Sky Battles? It even has wings, flies in the air and all that stuff...not even Haunter has wings! D:

I hate flying-type-Pokémon. >_<
Azure_Kite
It took 6 fucking Generations.

Azure just discovered that pink little "nose" on Poliwag is a FUCKING MOUTH. 2slo4u
Audiodelus
Hm, you get thestarter that your own starter is good against after you beat the champion.

Also, Ability Capsule: A capsule that allows a pokemon with two abilities to switch between these abilities when it is used. 200bp to buy though.'

Running around getting all the different O-powers now.
Sapphiire_old_1
Finaly :D my Team for beating the game will be :
-Greninja
-Blaziken
-Noivern
-Charizard
-Goodra
-Lucario

So what are ure teams ?
Jinxy
Who's harvested berries and saw the mutations?

I found Qualot (Reduces Defense EVs) from it, grew Oran and Pecha together to get it.

If you guys found the other EV reducers, share them too, I'll probably need loads, lol.
Azure_Kite
Went through and added everyone who I wasn't already friends with :>

What combinations produce the Surprise Mulch? D:
Jinxy
I got it with Oranx3, though I haven't used it yet.
Azure_Kite
Also, Apparently Aspear and Leppa = Hondew Berry.
show more