posted
Total Posts
show more
Professor Prinny
Hey guy's EVs can be reset now!
Jinxy

Professor Prinny wrote:

Hey guy's EVs can be reset now!
Yeah, I was just going to say this. I found a Reset Bag for Core Training. Not sure how rare it is, though.
Professor Prinny
Well I managed to get two by just continuously punching the punching bag while skating.
From what I can see I don't think that any of the punching bags are rare unless I haven't seen all of them yet or I'm just lucky.
Also, why does the soothing bag take longer to knock out than most of the other bags?
Jinxy
According to gamefaqs the rest range from 10-50

Soothing takes 500
Azure_Kite
Yeah, Soothing takes forever.

By far, the most useful ones I've found are the x2 bag and any Stat L bags. Other bags that cause temporary Balloon Fighting effects are pretty much pointless.

Anecdotally, waiting until the pokemon have a :) sign above their head will increase the likelihood of their black boxing bag punches finding new bags, although haven't officially tested it yet. Reset Bags are awesome, and yeah.
Jinxy
So if anyone else is curious, resetting your save does allow you to get another Torchic.
Laharl
Man, it's A W E S O M E.
La Volpe
It's funny how your friends let you choose your nickname, so from now on they have to call me Master. 8-)
Jinxy

La Volpe wrote:

It's funny how your friends let you choose your nickname, so from now on they have to call me Master. 8-)
That is both hilarious and kinda creepy

Currently soft resetting for a good natured Torchic, and after that I'll EV train him and Fennekin.

I should be able to fight the first gym by next month.

EDIT: Reset Bags require 100 hits confirmed
Cloudchaser
I just want to play ;_; looks so amazing! Gogoat is the best Pokémon \:D/
Trash Boat
why i should care about the Starters nature? is it important? how does each nature affects the Pokémon? i never get it
Stefan
Called my Starter Y.

Going to call my other pokemons A E I O and U.

gg
Professor Prinny
The natures of a Pokemon determine how fast each of their stats grow e.g. an Adamant nature Pokemon has its attack stat rise quickly (110%) while its special attack stat rises slower (90%) the rest of the stats rise at a normal rate (100%).
bmin11

battler077 wrote:

why i should care about the Starters nature? is it important? how does each nature affects the Pokémon? i never get it
Full info: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature
Topic Starter
deadbeat

La Volpe wrote:

oh god, i thought i was the only one who did that D:
Jinxy
I maxed out my Fennekin's and Torchic's EVs, and noticed something interesting about the EVs at the end. Each stat is now capped at 252 EVs instead of 255, so you can't accidentally lose the extra stat point any more.

Also, the amount of points I get in one shot with them is hilariously stupid thanks to maxed out Sp./Attack, I can destroy the Lv3s in seconds.

Lastly, when you max out the EVs, there are also even more bonus levels that are unlocked.

Time to explode the first gym.
DakeDekaane

Gabe wrote:

I want to get a 3DS so bad ;~;
La Volpe

deadbeat wrote:

La Volpe wrote:

oh god, i thought i was the only one who did that D:
Hahaha, don't worry we can all be Masters here. (I just caught a Snorlax o/ )
Professor Prinny
Something possibly related to where a Legendary might be located (So yeah SPOILERS possible):

In the Reflection Cave there is a dead end area where a pink light shines on so I'm thinking a Legendary may stand there after some requirements have been met, otherwise, I don't think there is much point having this here.
TakuMii

DakeDekaane wrote:

Gabe wrote:

I want to get a 3DS so bad ;~;
rust45

Jinxy wrote:

I maxed out my Fennekin's and Torchic's EVs, and noticed something interesting about the EVs at the end. Each stat is now capped at 252 EVs instead of 255, so you can't accidentally lose the extra stat point any more.

Also, the amount of points I get in one shot with them is hilariously stupid thanks to maxed out Sp./Attack, I can destroy the Lv3s in seconds.

Lastly, when you max out the EVs, there are also even more bonus levels that are unlocked.

Wait, how are you doing this? I've gotten to the Paris like city and I haven't seen these games/ EV training method. Did I miss something?
Anhedonia

rust45 wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

Wait, how are you doing this? I've gotten to the Paris like city and I haven't seen these games/ EV training method. Did I miss something?

by using the super training on the buttom screen, i believe you get it at the same time as the starter
rust45
I'm not noticing a super training thing on the bottom screen.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found it by trying to change the camera in Luminose city. Looks interesting, but I don't think I'll go all out on EV training until I beat the game.
La Volpe
For those who are looking for Eevee I found one on Route 10. :D
Topic Starter
deadbeat

La Volpe wrote:

For those who are looking for Eevee I found one on Route 10. :D
i know where i'm going next o/
Zerostarry
FC: 1607-2732-2005

Add me! I wanna make friends and do all the social stuff while this game is still fresh. Going to the second gym right now, exploring and catching almost everything on my way through. I just got a fighting type Panda pokemon and it looks awesome. Gonna probably use him on my team.
awp

Princess wrote:

Add me! I wanna make friends and do all the social stuff while this game is still fresh

2234-7322-5320

except N1 were jerks and released a Disgaea game in the same week though so I'm probably not gonna play much for a while. I've had the game all day and haven't played it yet because of Disgaea D2.
Rorona
I got a 2DS. Um...not much to say about it, it's kind of basically the same thing.

I don't really know how a 3DS looks like or plays like though, but this might be less eye straining.
i named a scatterbug "Headmaster" and i'm chanting every time it faces anything. This game is suspiciously fun.

FC: 1993-8205-0948
Professor Prinny

Princess wrote:

Add me! I wanna make friends and do all the social stuff while this game is still fresh. Going to the second gym right now, exploring and catching almost everything on my way through. I just got a fighting type Panda pokemon and it looks awesome. Gonna probably use him on my team.
Here's mine: 3411-0337-9728
La Volpe
Heres my FC: 0318-7770-6217.
Audiodelus
Got Aerodactyl in Glimmering Cave by using rock smash. Got the Aerodactylite too, all before second gym. Can't mega yet though.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
nice, i'm near the Glimmering Cave. hopefully i'll find it as well o/
Rorona
If you want a free Torchic with the item to get it to evolve into it's Mega Evolution, check your mystery gift! ^o^

I don't lie.
Jinxy
My FC: 4227-1534-3803

Going to add everyone who's posted in a while, just woke up

By the way, someone should update the 3DS Club main post.

I just noticed, on the 3DS home screen with X highlighted, Xerneas puffs up its chest and looks up. Then he looks at you like "...soooo, are you going to start the game?"
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i'll update the OP later with a list of all the FC's that have been posted
Azure_Kite
Critical Captures are once again within the game. Just CC'd Bergmite.

Got Mega Blaziken, Mega Venusaur and Mega Lucario so far, but I also just got the Obamasnow Megastone.
Professor Prinny
Apparently critical captures happen more often the more Pokemon you catch
Azure_Kite
Well, yeah. That's the way the system works.
Rorona
>Did Wonder Trade
>Gave a Metapod
>Got a Caterpie.

I love it.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
OP updated with nice picture and friend codes. i'll update the list when i see more
show more