forum

Pokemon X & Y thread - Age of the PokéBank

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Blazevoir wrote:

There's a 1.2 patch out now. Not only does it fix certain things, but it also contains the 1.1 patch, so don't worry about having to patch twice if you're still at Pokémon X/Y Version 1.0. Scan one of these (depending on your version, of course) using the 3DS's QR Code Scanner if you want to go to the download page directly:

Keep in mind that if you don't download this patch, you won't be able to use any and all online features; you'll just get an error message telling you to update.

Friend Codes
Google Doc here containing user information. Feel free to add yourself.

Btw, if you add me, please let me know so I can add you back >_<
Norbi
Tyrantrum looks so cool.

I have a few ideas for my in-game team. Nothing for battling pokémon, though.

Finally you can go up on ledges and not only down.

Also first reply in this thead. \:D/
La Volpe
Must.Get.Tyrantrum. For my team i'm gonna pick Chespin as my starter and for the rest of it I don't really know.But I really want Arcanine to be part of my team. He's my favorite Pokémon.
rust45
I like how Gogoat can up the ledges. Although... they still look like you can jump over them yourself.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

La Volpe wrote:

But I really want Arcanine to be part of my team. He's my favorite Pokémon.
you i like \:D/

so far my team is Fennikin, Charmander, Torchic, Arcanine, Tryrantrum and my 6th i'm thinking might be Skrelp. but depending on how bad things turns out with 4 fire types, might swap one out for Pangoro

still unsure if Growlithe/Arcanine is part of the Kalos pokedex, but if it isn't, i can always just transfer from White 2
Birdy
Aurorus is kawaii. Will be getting.
rust45
Does the topic title really need to mention spoilers in the title? Can we just use spoiler tags like civilized humans?

Also, legit question, have there been any statements on using 3DS streetpass functions for X and Y? I'm legit curious.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
topic doesn't need to, but it is easier for everyone imo.
haven't really looked into that though. couldn't hurt having a look out for something like that

edit: some info here http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/pss/
La Volpe
you i like \:D/

so far my team is Fennikin, Charmander, Torchic, Arcanine, Tryrantrum and my 6th i'm thinking might be Skrelp. but depending on how bad things turns out with 4 fire types, might swap one out for Pangoro

still unsure if Growlithe/Arcanine is part of the Kalos pokedex, but if it isn't, i can always just transfer from White 2
Well, X/Y is going to be my first Pokémon game on the 3DS*(Happy now,Blazevoir?). If I can't find Growlithe in the tall grass, I guess i could use the trade system to get one. :?
NaomiMinette
Umm... This will be on the 3DS, not DS.
Ekaru
AURORUS, I CHOOSE YOU!
Trash Boat
i hope they improve better the GTS this time, so we can get any Pokemon we are looking for.
NaomiMinette
They already made it to where even if we don't have a particular Pokémon registered in our Pokédex, we can still search for it as long as we get the name right. How else would they improve on it? Or are you just repeating old news again?
Ekaru
All they need to do now is make it so you can only request trades that are actually, you know... obtainable.
NaomiMinette
Oh yeah... though I doubt they'd do something about that since there ARE some seemingly-impossible-yet-legit trade options out there, like Lv. 1 Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina which you can get in HeartGold/SoulSilver. And then there's the fact that there will be future events...
Ekaru
Blaze, they do have a check for that but it's only applied to people trying to accept a trade. *That* is why all of those "Lv. 9 Reshiram" requests clog up the GTS - even if someone hacked the right Pokemon it won't go through the filter.

They could just have the same check for what people request and give you a "You can't request that" after it checks with the server.
Trash Boat
mm.... interesting. i cant wait for my Nintendo 2DS and Pokémon X as a birthday gift. however, whats its current value? both 2DS and Pokémon X/Y. even if they say 3DS XL is better, the 2DS come with its own Battery charger, something that 3DS XL didnt have.
NaomiMinette
I think the 2DS was going for $129.99, and Pokémon X/Y are going for $39.99. The guide (if you're getting that, too) is $19.99.

(All prices are in USD.)
Trash Boat
ok so the USD is actually $5,75, then the 2DS should be......$750. and Pokémon X/Y is... $230,52 and the guide(wait, which guide? there's a Pokémon X/Y guide?)is....$115,25.

(All prices have been converted into ARS currency)
NaomiMinette
...What well-known game DOESN'T have a guide...
Birdy
I had no goddamn idea guides cost a shitton of money nowadays.
Rorona
The internet should work fine after a day or so.
Of course, I mean excluding serious niches.

Off Topic: Is anyone planning to get a 2DS to play XY?
Trash Boat
i do Rorona, if luck is with me, i should get it the next day
heres some news: there's a Birthday Pokémon event distribution in Pokémon Centers in Japan. the players may receive 1 of 10 different Pokémon for its copy of Pokémon X/Y, only if that day is its Birthday. the link:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/B ... _for_Japan

and they announced the Xerneas-Yveltal Half decks for January:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/J ... or_January
Birdy

Rorona wrote:

The internet should work fine after a day or so.
Of course, I mean excluding serious niches.

Off Topic: Is anyone planning to get a 2DS to play XY?
Yes, or a used 3DS. Not sure which is a better option aka cheaper.
Jinxy

Static Noise Bird wrote:

They've always been pretty expensive. I remember buying guides for R/S, FR/LG and P/D until I realised Psypoke, Bulbapedia etc was a thing
Rorona

Jinxy wrote:

Static Noise Bird wrote:

They've always been pretty expensive. I remember buying guides for R/S, FR/LG and P/D until I realised Psypoke, Bulbapedia etc was a thing
I remember my FR/LG guide being around ~$30 CAD. It wasn't <$100. welp never mind they were always that expensive.
Ekaru

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Yes, or a used 3DS. Not sure which is a better option aka cheaper.
Used 3DS? The chance of having two thick, vertical scratches is extremely high. Go 2DS if you don't want to deal with that shit.
NaomiMinette

Serebii wrote:

Pokémon X & Y - Bonuses

Ahead of the opening of the new Pokémon Global Link with the launch of Pokémon X & Y, they have announced a new feature of it. In Pokémon X & Y, you can earn Poké Miles within certain parts, currently unknown. PokéMiles are used in the PokéMileage Club in the PGL in order to pay to play attractions and receive items from the shop, which can then be sent back to X & Y. However, there is another way to earn them. It has been announced that your Dream Points will be converted to PokéMiles. These points are then sent to your new account if you register before January 14th 2014. If you register both games, then you will receive the points in each game so if you qualify for 500 PokéMiles, you'll get them in X and then get the same amount in Y. The conversion is as follows:
10,000–49,999 Dream Points = 500 PokéMiles
50,000–99,999 Dream Points = 3,000 PokéMiles
100,000–199,999 Dream Points = 10,000 PokéMiles
200,000 + Dream Points = 25,000 Poké Miles
The conversion is calculated by adding the Dream Points from all the games on your account. So if you have Black, White, Black 2 & White 2, they are all factored into the calculation. They also announced special Medals that are unlocked in the Pokémon Global Link if you also had Generation V games.
A Medal for Dream Points: 50,000, 100,000 or 200,000
A Medal for amount of purchased homes: 1, 4 or 8
A Medal for purchased items: 1, 25 or 50 items purchased
A Medal for purchased Pokémon Dolls: 1, 50 or 100 dolls purchased
A Medal for ranking in the top 100 in any GBU Season (except Season 10)
A Medal based on how many times you have ranked highly in WiFi Competitions
Reminder: The Gen V Global Link will close next week, with features closing graudally between then and January. As such, you'll be no longer able to put Pokémon to sleep so make sure you've got as much as you want from the Dream World
Hope you guys have been playing...
Trash Boat
my post is almost nothing compared with this, Blaze. well done(Thumbs up)
Topic Starter
deadbeat
Just a heads up, new pokemon to be revealed in a few days. sounds like it's an evolved pokemon
Ekaru
Anyone who gets those 25K pokemiles - 50K if they buy both X and Y - deserve it.
NaomiMinette
I wish I could get both, especially since I'm so torn as to which one to get at the moment >_<

Regardless, I just hope I can still make it in time...
Rorona

Blazevoir wrote:

I wish I could get both, especially since I'm so torn as to which one to get at the moment >_<

Regardless, I just hope I can still make it in time...
Are there any major differences between the two games, like in BW?
NaomiMinette
As far as I know, the differences are:

1) Each have their own Mega Mewtwo evolution; X's is taller and part-Fighting while Y's has an OP Sp. Atk. stat (and is only Psychic).
2) X's Legendary, Xerneas, is deer-like in appearance and is the new type--Fairy--while Y's Legendary, Yveltal, is a Dark/Flying bird. (A note: Fairy is super effective against Fighting, Dark, and Dragon; more info here.)

The only minor difference that I know of is other version exclusives, obviously.

My own thoughts, if anyone cares to read them
I'm torn as to which to get because I like Xerneas more, but I also like Mega Mewtwo Y...
Trash Boat
you could ask someone to trade a Mewtwo equipped with the Mewtwonite Y to your X Version. or buy both versions.
izzydemon

deadbeat wrote:

anything in the new gen that you're looking forward to?

i should have gotten a 3DS when i had the chance
argh
Trash Boat

Niokin wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

i should have gotten a 3DS when i had the chance
argh
you still have time. buy a 2DS along with the game. 130 USD plus 40 USD. and Sylveon is so cute.
NaomiMinette

battler077 wrote:

you could ask someone to trade a Mewtwo equipped with the Mewtwonite Y to your X Version. or buy both versions.
1) I don't have the money to buy both.
2) Even if I did, I wouldn't want to play both at the same time. I'd probably play the other months after they're released.
3) Who would wanna trade something so rare, especially since I'm guessing there's only one of said item?

Niokin wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

^ This (dunno why I missed the question the first time...)

I more-or-less have an Eevee ready, but seeing as we don't even know Slyveon's moves yet...
show more