forum

REDALiCE - FLOWER REDALiCE Remix

posted
Total Posts
show more
AmaiHachimitsu
Like, seriously....

We all know it's just my opinion and let it be like that.

This mapset is terrible.

With regards,

terribly terrible
onotoleonide
Like, seriously....

We all know it's just my opinion and let it be like that.

This mapset is cool.

With regards,

cooly cool
Leader

goddammit rurucchi
Avena

/me facedesks
Topic Starter
Jenny
Timing fixes and one pattern change in Intermediate were had (00:53:082 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - ).
Nyquill
mapper got silenced I lost the log for changes lol
Topic Starter
Jenny
[Nyquill]

1. 01:13:999 (3) - slider was unsnapped on Another due to redline changes
  2. 00:34:166 (1) - missing normal-hitnormal on mAp

[Lach, onotoleonide]

1. removed reflec beat and jubeat from tags, added Yoshikazu Nagai

[Basic]

1. Slightly altered the very start to give the player more time to adjust and get into the map (-> removed one reverse arrow per big slider, replaced the small ones with circles).
Avena
Someone change the genre to Video Game Instrumental already
Please.
Asphyxia

Priti wrote:

Someone change the genre to Video Game Instrumental already
Please.
Mmmmmm, fixed
onotoleonide
so wheres da rank
Leader

onotoleonide wrote:

so wheres da rank
here

Fixed artist and a couple of whistles, let's give this map a try.
Secretpipe
Finally :D
vipto
That mAp diffname doesnt make any sense but ok
Aurele
the artist/title doesn't make sense, to be honest.

>REDALiCE >remixed by REDALiCE
bmin11
Congrats, Jenny!
Topic Starter
Jenny
Yes, it's awfully stupid, but it's >>official SDVX<< like that
jesse1412
If you guys ever rank a "pro" map again please contact me so that I can make it not give the players cancer first. I'm not a modder but I can tell you when a map is on the level of cancer jokes, and trust me that's a level of joke I rarely stoop to.
Soarezi
those sliders are cool.. well that's about it
Charles445
Unranking over issues with the mAp difficulty after playtesting and discussion with the team.

If there are circle stream jumps, they need to be done very carefully, especially with this high an OD.

01:04:832 (1,2,3,4) - This stream jump from 4 to 5 is larger than the other ones and doesn't flow as well. Flipping 1,2,3,4 horizontally and putting it back makes this pattern play much better. -> http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1613273
01:39:082 (8,1,2,3,4,1) - These jagged circle stream jumps don't play very well. It's a huge difficulty jump and is quite unfair. The individual circlestreamjumps worked, but the jagged jumping of these does not.
01:40:499 (1,2,3,4,1) - These have the same issue, but are worse because of 01:40:832 (1,2) - , where the jaggedness stops and the player has to continue moving in that direction.
01:41:832 (1,2,3,4) - Again, same issue as the first.
01:44:499 (1,2,3,4,1) - This pattern implies movement in a circle, but because it's mapped with circles, causes a painful pentagon shape.
01:45:832 (1,2,3,4) - From my personal tests these seem to work better because they are less jagged, but these are better avoided.
01:48:166 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This one is the big kicker, constant downward movement but forces significant left and right movement in a jagged motion. Arguably the most frustrating / doesn't play well portion.
01:50:082 (1,1) - Hugging circles with spinners makes it extremely hard to see the approach circles.
01:52:749 (1,1) - Again, hugging the spinner but with more objects stacked after.
01:55:416 (1,1) - Same as the previous with two objects stacked.
01:58:082 (1,1) - Same.

More modding should also be done to make sure the gameplay is suitable.
Chewin
>last ranked beatmap *clicks*
>not ranked

xD Good luck on rerank Jenny
Topic Starter
Jenny
This is the only form of compromise I see for the "jagged circle jumps" as I insist on keeping it true to the song; smoothening the motion does not go with the entire shift of tone in the wooshes, so there's that. Spacing is obviously increased since it's way less angle-heavy like this and would not deliver anywhere the same level of pressure otherwise.

Also, BSS is being a teenage girl again.
Saturnalize
Meanwhile https://osu.ppy.sh/s/155288 http://puu.sh/99TEZ/5ed40009f2.jpg http://puu.sh/99TGq/f637022e68.jpg http://puu.sh/99TMK/8812035d3b.jpg

Despite I can't play mAp but I just implies that things are getting unfair between BATs, I'm afraid.

I'm not here to compare, so here my star and please rerank.

p.s. : mApairmotion's second kiai looks more passable (since it takes more time to re-positioning, and that's a big yes), and yes less jagged is needed for mAp (but it's up to you). Imho at least something like this or with a very little bit jagged

and BSS has been revert from a teenage girl
Avena

Saturnalize wrote:

Meanwhile https://osu.ppy.sh/s/155288 http://puu.sh/99TEZ/5ed40009f2.jpg http://puu.sh/99TGq/f637022e68.jpg http://puu.sh/99TMK/8812035d3b.jpg

Despite I can't play mAp but I just implies that things are getting unfair between BATs, I'm afraid.

I'm not here to compare, so here my star and please rerank.

p.s. : mApairmotion's second kiai looks more passable (since it takes more time to re-positioning, and that's a big yes), and yes less jagged is needed for mAp (but it's up to you). Imho at least something like this or with a very little bit jagged

and BSS has been revert from a teenage girl
I can understand your point about Insane Techniques, but the BPM there is much lower, Meaning that it's easier to do these quick movements and HanzeR is more liked overall
lolcubes
Gave mAp a play after not playing for a long time.
Can actually live with the jumps more or less, but I have to note that the slider velocity is too high in the final diff, that or the normal stream spacing is too low.
This hurts the general pacing overall if you ask me.

00:29:499 (4,5,6,7) - This was slightly disappointing because it stands out in the music, while in the map it only has dynamic spacing, jumps expected.

00:35:499 (1,2,3,4) - I actually couldn't read this at all, the change of rhythm would suggest a more dynamic spacing and positioning compared to the rest in my opinion. For example, because of your linear flow, you would expect distance snap change more or less, but if you change the direction above the slider that just ended, it actually highlights the notes better, and then just keep using *similar* spacing for most if not all of them.

00:46:166 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - These felt like awkward antijumps, not that they are actual antijumps. Bigger spacing recommended.

00:48:166 (1) - While I can see this fitting the music, the gameplay is just a pain. You don't need such an extreme spacing to express this if you ask me. Keep it a jump, but not that far.

00:49:832 (1,2,1) - Where is the stream? :c

00:51:332 (6,1) - Plays better reversed.

01:02:166 (1,2,3) - Just highlighting these because these are done right in my opinion. Jump is almost always better than an antijump for rhythm like this, when gameplay is concerned.

01:24:999 (2) - This slider makes no sense compared to the music, just do the same like at 01:24:499 (2,3,1) - but with different position/shape

01:26:999 (4) - People still doing this? Whatever.

01:33:082 (2,2) - This is incredibly awkward because you are intentionally leaving out the music. I'd understand if they were repeaters but this is just meh.

01:37:666 (1,2) - I can see what you are trying to do here, but since you're already following the "dropout", why stop midway to map something that's best left unmapped? I like the slow though, but i find the scratchy thingy more important here.

01:39:166 - Other streamy jumps were understandable though, except for these zigzags, they are just awful to play. Sure, it's intended to be hard, but the map is already very complex, no need to ruin more gameplay in favor of difficulty. Especially cause 01:45:832 (1,2,3,4) - are not zigzags and with AR9 this is actually a pain to read as well.

01:48:749 (8) - This is actually VERY flow breaking. For mouse at least. Should reposition somewhere to the right and a bit up from the previous note

01:50:082 (1) - and all other spinners are too long. Sure, they are trying to follow the music as much as possible (but still not enough), but the approach circles from the old spinner skin (yeah i use old) just make thhis incredibly awkward to read. Either make it shorter or remove the circle afterwards. Especially at 01:59:166 (1,2) - , incredibly awful to read.

Just opinions, take it as you will.

Also, dat mp3 quality.

:p
Topic Starter
Jenny

lolcubes wrote:

00:29:499 (4,5,6,7) - This was slightly disappointing because it stands out in the music, while in the map it only has dynamic spacing, jumps expected.

00:35:499 (1,2,3,4) - I actually couldn't read this at all, the change of rhythm would suggest a more dynamic spacing and positioning compared to the rest in my opinion. For example, because of your linear flow, you would expect distance snap change more or less, but if you change the direction above the slider that just ended, it actually highlights the notes better, and then just keep using *similar* spacing for most if not all of them.

00:49:832 (1,2,1) - Where is the stream? :c

01:33:082 (2,2) - This is incredibly awkward because you are intentionally leaving out the music. I'd understand if they were repeaters but this is just meh.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

00:46:166 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - These felt like awkward antijumps, not that they are actual antijumps. Bigger spacing recommended. | I found it to feature the acceleration that's following much better like this; a consistent/bigger snap would kinda reduce the whole thing to just "same movement speed, just more clicks", which is not fitting with what we got here

00:48:166 (1) - While I can see this fitting the music, the gameplay is just a pain. You don't need such an extreme spacing to express this if you ask me. Keep it a jump, but not that far. | It's less distance than the slider-to-slider jumps before and since this is slider-to-circle, it's not much less lenient to begin with, so while it looks like more due to "more" distance between the objects (-> no sliderbody on 1), it's effectively less spacing, just up in the corner, which I find very suiting to express what is going on here which also is the purpose of it; I don't see "this is too hard" sort of things as an argument for this difficulty level since I made sure to cater to as much of an audience as possible with the compromise of making 7 diffs already

00:51:332 (6,1) - Plays better reversed. | if I reversed these, I'd break the starpattern which is fairly distinguishable in the song - five strong sounds belonging with another, followed by an independant closing beat. again, I know and acknowledge that this is a very big jump, but that's how it goes with the song and I am not willing to break my treatment for these things on a peak-level difficulty.

01:24:999 (2) - This slider makes no sense compared to the music, just do the same like at 01:24:499 (2,3,1) - but with different position/shape | I always used the circle-1/1 slider combos in combination with the background "vocals", and I thought this was rather apparent by now? I'm not going by the wooshing for any of the "vocal" parts to begin with, these are reserved for other sections with more pressure to them.

01:26:999 (4) - People still doing this? Whatever. | doing what..? and since when am I "people" >:

01:37:666 (1,2) - I can see what you are trying to do here, but since you're already following the "dropout", why stop midway to map something that's best left unmapped? I like the slow though, but i find the scratchy thingy more important here. | I find the scratchy-flickering noise to fade into the background at around where 1 is, so that's why I decided to change focus to the woosh on 2; sure, 1 is technically "not there", but it still comes - and sounds - very much in line with the song and map which is why I put it, plus, 2 enhances the entire section contrast going into the kiai by a fair amount due to both the SV change aswell as the drum hitsound (which is unique in the map), so that's my reasoning behind this.

01:39:166 - Other streamy jumps were understandable though, except for these zigzags, they are just awful to play. Sure, it's intended to be hard, but the map is already very complex, no need to ruin more gameplay in favor of difficulty. Especially cause 01:45:832 (1,2,3,4) - are not zigzags and with AR9 this is actually a pain to read as well. | again, I'm going for emphasis and fitting with the song and its SFX in here more than "playing comfort" or "consistent difficulty"; as a peak difficulty level in a big set like this, I'd expect that to be reasonable enough? I mean, like, there's plenty other diffs if people have problems with this one, and it does make sense with the music, which is what it's supposed to do.

01:48:749 (8) - This is actually VERY flow breaking. For mouse at least. Should reposition somewhere to the right and a bit up from the previous note | and that's exactly what it's supposed to be: it's a very stuttery ending of the climax section of this song (and map), so it's only natural to emphasize this the best way possible, and for me, I found this way of doing it as just that. you could hit me up in PM/with a few screenshotted ideas if you will, but I do not see this being anywhere against the song as-is; rather, I find it to pretty much do it's job perfectly :v

01:50:082 (1) - and all other spinners are too long. Sure, they are trying to follow the music as much as possible (but still not enough), but the approach circles from the old spinner skin (yeah i use old) just make thhis incredibly awkward to read. Either make it shorter or remove the circle afterwards. Especially at 01:59:166 (1,2) - , incredibly awful to read. | I'm going to give a very unpopular response to the "hard to read" here: I do deem reading a skill, and while I'm seing that you're doing this with old-default skin, it's not part of the criteria anymore and just about noone uses it to begin with. Yes, it's hard, but that's what comes with going with the song in this case, and that is my goal and what I think should be people's highest priority - again, this is a peak diff in a very big mapset, and it's not to be expected to be played or passed by everyone.
lolcubes

Jenny wrote:

01:50:082 (1) - and all other spinners are too long. Sure, they are trying to follow the music as much as possible (but still not enough), but the approach circles from the old spinner skin (yeah i use old) just make thhis incredibly awkward to read. Either make it shorter or remove the circle afterwards. Especially at 01:59:166 (1,2) - , incredibly awful to read. | I'm going to give a very unpopular response to the "hard to read" here: I do deem reading a skill, and while I'm seing that you're doing this with old-default skin, it's not part of the criteria anymore and just about noone uses it to begin with. Yes, it's hard, but that's what comes with going with the song in this case, and that is my goal and what I think should be people's highest priority - again, this is a peak diff in a very big mapset, and it's not to be expected to be played or passed by everyone.
While reading is a skill, the way a spinner works shouldn't get distorted so much in my opinion.
You have freedom ofcourse, and I will not judge you, but I want you to understand why I think this is a terrible idea.

Spinners create a beat at the end, which you silenced, and extended it so it's very easy to believe it will actually fall onto the downbeat. This a design flaw, a pretty big one, because that's essentially the same as manipulating sliders beyond their capabilities (except the spinners are allowed to be manipulated with).
I don't believe there is anything in the music that would try to cheat you, the music is pretty straightforward and quite easy to predict, this is exactly the opposite of what the song is, at that spot.

Jenny wrote:

01:26:999 (4) - People still doing this? Whatever. | doing what..? and since when am I "people" >:
I meant extending sliders for no real purpose except to make people hold their key longer. Luckily, it doesn't impair gameplay, but I will always complain about that. :p
Topic Starter
Jenny
Update (mAp): AR oset to 9.4, minor slider improvements.
Kiiwa
Just curious; the .mp3 volume seems really low, maybe even a little muffled, is it just me? :?
Was a little disappointed by the hitsounds in some sections, such as: 01:02:832 to 01:07:499

Love this song and the mAp looks great lol
good luck Jenny :3
Secretpipe
Why it isn't re ranked yet ? D:
Topic Starter
Jenny
Zzzz..
Neptune
I do not like this mapset.

In fact, for me - as an average player - I find mAp a terror to play, not challenging and not fun to play AT ALL. I'd rather see this mapset without mAp at all and the MP3 is horrible as well.
Avena

Neptune wrote:

the MP3 is horrible as well.
Topic Starter
Jenny
Thank you for your valuable and unique input - make of that what you will.
Topic Starter
Jenny
Low
few suggestions for mAp
unrank it LOL :V
13:38 Low: 01:48:166 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) -
13:38 Jenny: ..reminds me of how people tell another to "just ignore it if you don't like it but it's technically alright" with every bad map
13:38 Low: http://prntscr.com/49uao0
13:38 Low: this is a lot better
13:38 Low: feels more natural
13:39 Jenny: need to keep green-1 where it is
13:39 Low: i think sacrificing the placing of green-1 is worth it for this
13:40 Low: 01:49:749 - why isn't there a note here, it makes more sense and follows the distance spacing
13:40 Low: 01:52:416 - same thing
13:41 Low: 01:55:082 (8,9) - you even did it here lol
13:42 Low: 01:59:332 (2) - you should delete this circle. it's kinda off-putting and the end of the map would sound better if it wasn't there
13:42 Low: that's it.
13:43 Low: this map is no grounds for an unrank
blaterwolf
the mp3 is...

Priti wrote:

Neptune wrote:

the MP3 is horrible as well.
Oh Nevermind :( xD
quiz-chan_DELETED
Well yeah, the mp3 sure is quiet. About quality, hmm, we can go on arguing.

... it is quiet though, yeah.
Dyufu
The mp3 is starting later than the note placement
Topic Starter
Jenny
No it isn't - read the map description and reDL.
Dyufu

Jenny wrote:

No it isn't - read the map description and reDL.
ahah. >.> my bad
show more