forum

Orbit Skin

posted
Total Posts
show more
Elzapatoverde
Wooow, those circles (and everything in general) look gorgeous, downloading.
hehe
holy shit the interface and skin in general are mind blowing. great job on this. might I ask how the animated menu buttons are done? (the blowing glowing balls)
FlyingNeko

tastystew wrote:

holy shit the interface and skin in general are mind blowing. great job on this. might I ask how the animated menu buttons are done? (the blowing glowing balls)
It's star2.png. It's also the thing that shoots out of your cursor during kiai time
shavit
That skin looks good.

I recommend you to skin hit300, hit300k and hit300g and use a transparent hit300-0.png, hit300g-0.png and hit300g-0.png so it will show correctly in the ranking panel and not affect gameplay.
Also, mania-hit300g should be in a different color (cyan mostly used) since it's the MAX 300 that gives more points than a regular 300. And, seems like there is none feedback when pressing keys, that's annoying but the mania skin in overall is charming and sexy.

I made the cyan hit300g(s) for mania if you want to use them: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5bgbz5 I'd do the 300g and 300k if I had a .psd for hit100.
IziCain
When I download this skin and go onto my skins in game, I get this message: Sorry, osu! doesn't know how to deal with this filetype.
Am I doing something wrong? xD
Topic Starter
Quichey

IziCain wrote:

When I download this skin and go onto my skins in game, I get this message: Sorry, osu! doesn't know how to deal with this filetype.
Am I doing something wrong? xD
It's a .rar file. Extract the files to your osu -> Skins folder.
Fuu-chan
Hope Quiesce updates this skin with the latest beatmap panel layout update.
Topic Starter
Quichey
Yeaaa... I'm not too thrilled about this change but I'll see what I can do
EDIT:
I highly recommend just sticking with version 2.
EDIT 2:
Some edits for the menu-background file in the post. I'll see what else I can do.
EDIT 3:
Taiko edits
EDIT 4:
10 years since osu take my lif.i walk through the empty streets trying to think of something else but my path always leads to the beats. i stare at the screen for hours and try to fc this map. i watch cookiezi stream but is no good. i flame peppy in his channel and try to resist the nazi mods but it is all meaningless. the end is near.i then usually watch some old cookiezi vods and cry myself to sleep.
EDIT 5:
star.png change
EDIT 6:
6.2 out to fix some of the versioning problems. Some other things have been changed, since I am updating the skin so this is a provisionary fix.
EDIT 7:
Tupim_old
Please add HD version of the custom Taiko colors, thanks
Topic Starter
Quichey

Tupim wrote:

Please add HD version of the custom Taiko colors, thanks
The colors have changed since, but the HD elements are in here:
Orbit v6.5
LurkoMan
Nice skin! :)
yuanzongli
Looks clean and beautiful, nice work!
_sparky_

can you please fix this? :3

its showing the default catcher >.<
Haskorion

_sparky_ wrote:

can you please fix this? :3

its showing the default catcher >.<
Fix it yourself. Go to the skin folder and open the skin.ini file. Search for the line "Version: latest" and set it to "Version:2.2".

To creator: don't use "Version: latest" when you share your skins on the forums.
Topic Starter
Quichey
Version 7 is out.
I'm99% 70% done with this skin. To come: Color customization options and cursors. Pretty much it.

Thanks.
AR10 Only
Looks quite good , i'll try it !
Stalactic
Wow it's really gorgeous.
I'm downloading right now :D
Good job mate :3
Topic Starter
Quichey
Finalized. Requesting move to the finished skin section.
asher
So what's with the SD version linking to some music folder that has no SD skin download man
TicClick
please add screenshots
Dare
requesting SD link fix
Topic Starter
Quichey

Enju-chan wrote:

requesting SD link fix

TicClick wrote:

please add screenshots
Added, and should be fixed. Sorry!
Angelo
Nice skin, thanks for sharing! :)
ChipsAhoyMcCoy
Not sure why I haven't posted on this thread yet but I've been using your skin since v6 and I LOVE the new version. Thank you for your continual support of this skin. It's by far my favorite.
[ kenon ]
nice :D
Psyandcho
Awesome skin :o thanks for sharing. Best taiko skin in my oppinion.
Diu
dat taiko skin ♥
XTheSabreGamerX
Very nice skin, You did well good sir :)
Branford
Very nice skin. I feel like watching stars. *-*
-Vanessa-
God Jesus Nice Skin !!! I Love ! :P
SnowAngel_old_1
I like this skin, both art and hitsound is nice : ) !
Cinos
Beauty, efficient graphic, very joyful hitsound. Thank you. This skin is so perfect.
Topic Starter
Quichey
Updated. Cleaner hit circle elements, better thematic coherence, and hopefully a better skin for you all to use.
Youtube video is still processing, but all else should work.
Fatal3ty
Good. Old Hitcircle and old sliderball is for me better, looks better tha newer. Look the pictures and hit Circle, who seem by and do not look as good as the old Hitcircleoverlay. :)

Hitcircleoverlay is too small than sliders.

Topic Starter
Quichey

Fatal3ty wrote:

Good. Old Hitcircle and old sliderball is for me better, looks better tha newer. Look the pictures and hit Circle, who seem by and do not look as good as the old Hitcircleoverlay. :)
Hitcircleoverlay is too small than sliders.

No, the hit circle overlay is exactly the same as the old version. That design is on purpose.
Darson
Small issue i have is that the menu-button-background doesn't hold the pictures properly, the pictures are slightly out side of the menu button, example:

As you can see the picture ever so slightly pokes out of the menu button, not sure how this can be fixed as i don't skin but obviously the picture needs to move up, probably can be done by extending the bottom of the menu button or something, but this is just something small I noticed.

Also the left side of the menu button would need to be extended as well since if you were to get the picture to fit, the corners would poke out.
Topic Starter
Quichey

Reclaimer wrote:

Small issue i have is that the menu-button-background doesn't hold the pictures properly, the pictures are slightly out side of the menu button,
As you can see the picture ever so slightly pokes out of the menu button, not sure how this can be fixed as i don't skin but obviously the picture needs to move up, probably can be done by extending the bottom of the menu button or something, but this is just something small I noticed.
Also the left side of the menu button would need to be extended as well since if you were to get the picture to fit, the corners would poke out.

Put that in your skin folder, should fix everything. Personally I prefer no thumbnails :p
Darson
Thanks!
hiandbye
Hi! There's a tiny error in your Taiko skin. With skin Version: 2 to latest taiko-bar-right.png and taiko-bar-right-glow.png need to be 1024 x 200. Otherwise it's too short in standard resolutions. I made a post about it in the help section and came to let you know.
Topic Starter
Quichey
Knew there was something wrong. I'll put fixes for images in the main post. Thanks!
show more