forum

Grant Kirkhope - Angry Aztec

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
James2250
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YoshiKart
IRC PM me again when I'm online. It seems saving in the editor kills the horizontal flips in the SB. D:
viewtopic.php?p=196407#p196407
I need a way for you to upload it without the editor saving for you. I'll lead you into the process when you PM me. xD
I think I found a "fix". Just use the files in my last two posts.
eee

James2250 wrote:

I know that Yoshikarts offset is different than the other 3
(he used a different mp3 or something, go bug him about it) :P

do not complain about offsets not being the same when modding!
Kirby's offset is the same as YoshiKart's yet different than that of yours.
if I see it right. The mp3 used in Kirby's is the same as yours. That being said, Kirby's offset is in fact, different.
fix this and that's it. I tried to find more but I couldn't find anything but that offset.

The breaks in Yoshi's end slightly early and the ones in [Hard] and [Normal] begin too early. fix those as well.

other than that, this map is perfect by eee. STAR!!!
Topic Starter
James2250
oh I forgot to change kirbys offset? zzzzzzz will do it later :P
Topic Starter
James2250

YoshiKart wrote:

IRC PM me again when I'm online. It seems saving in the editor kills the horizontal flips in the SB. D:
viewtopic.php?p=196407#p196407

I need a way for you to upload it without the editor saving for you. I'll lead you into the process when you PM me. xD
changed offset on kirbys (thanks eee) now just to wait for yoshikart to come on osu..
YoshiKart
EDIT: Don't post after me yet.
EDIT2: Wait till the weekend. Sooo sorry I don't have the fix done yet. D:
EDIT3: I think this'll work without James2250 fooling around with notepad.

Download: Grant Kirkhope - Angry Aztec (James2250) [YOSHI Mix].osu

Download: Grant Kirkhope - Angry Aztec (James2250) [KIRBY Mix].osu

Download: Grant Kirkhope - Angry Aztec (James2250) [Hard].osu
Yoshi348
Oh, sorry about the unrankable comment, I didn't really understand the slider rules before.
YoshiKart
See the last of my post for the other three.

By the way, James, you can correct the timing and resnap without changing the SB on save. Don't worry about the SB (hopefully). :P

Download: Grant Kirkhope - Angry Aztec (James2250) [Normal].osu
Topic Starter
James2250
uploaded but one of the characters on kirby mix walking backwards (no I didnt save when I saw this)

also on yoshikart's the sb goes beyond the break, did you mean to do that?
YoshiKart
Yeah, I meant to do that.
Fixing Kirby's backwards issue I mislooked. >_>
EDIT: Doneeeeeeeee~

Download: Grant Kirkhope - Angry Aztec (James2250) [KIRBY Mix].osu
Topic Starter
James2250
ooooooooooook
after more sb problems than I expected.. I believe everything is FIXED
*goes to find bat* :)
Doomsday
Blue = design/minor issues. you do not have to change these if you don't want to
Orange = moderate issues. it would be best if you change these, but you may be able to get away with not changing it
Red = major issues. you need to change these

offset: 4, 682 (a little earlier. it felt better for me, but it might not for you, i dunno)

nice little SB you have there too

[NORMAL]

looks fine to me

[HARD]

no problems here. all distance snapped so you can't go too far wrong i guess

[YOSHI MIX]

turn overall diff up by a notch? it feels like the notes fade in too slow

01:17:95 (15,1) - after that stream, even a little jump 1/4 away like this can be annoying. mind closing this gap up a bit?
01:26:85 (15,1) - ^
02:09:14 (8,1) - ^

[KIRBY MIX]

its all good

nice map. i quite like the song too actually.

star'd
Topic Starter
James2250
all fixed apart from 02:09:14 (8,1) (its not too bad)

offset on yoshi's not changed (as he gave me that saying his mp3 was slightly different)
H1ko
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
whymeman
Remember, some of the errors posted are suggestions, not directions. Edit to what you see fit.

Non-Detailed Modding v.1.0 Go~

[YOSHI Mix]

00:22:64 (B) - Delete and replace break.
00:46:93 (1,2,3,4) - (1) and (2) connects, but then the other two sliders don't. Was this intentional?
01:07:17 (B) - Delete and replace break.
01:20:31 (1,2) - (1) doesn't seem to line up with (2) and along with the rest of the notes after.
01:24:77 (1,2) - ^
01:30:61 (10) - This repeating slider doesn't sound right spamming the clap hitsound.
01:33:86 (B) - Delete and replace break.
01:51:61 (B) - ^
02:09:28 (1,2) - (1) doesn't seem to line up with (2) and along with the rest of the notes after.
02:11:64 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This part sounds really odd and hard to read when coming off from the previous stream. Did you try testing the notes in 1/2 to see if it sounds better?
02:16:09 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This section also sounds odd. Make sure it makes sense with the beats.

[KIRBY Mix]

00:54:75 (7) - A slider overlapping itself? Not sure if that is rankable...
01:07:27 (B) - Delete and replace break.
That speed up section is deadly O.o

Overall: The map looks good so far. I like the little popups that appear in the map. Just need to look into the issues and then forum PM me when its done. I'll check it again and see if it can be bubbled. Also, don't forget to make sure the Tags are the same for all difficulties.
Topic Starter
James2250
whymeman
[KIRBY Mix]

01:33:70 - Forgot to turn the kiai off here? Just pointing that out.

But the rest of the difficulties seem okay so far though i'm still wondering about that slider....
Topic Starter
James2250
fixed
(and changed that slider) *hides from kirby*
whymeman
Looks good now as far as I can see. Bubbled.
Mafiamaster
Ranked~
YoshiKart
Why is my difficulty awkward at the end? The upbeat notes aren't on the... upbeat. >_>

whymeman wrote:

02:11:64 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This part sounds really odd and hard to read when coming off from the previous stream. Did you try testing the notes in 1/2 to see if it sounds better?
02:16:09 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This section also sounds odd. Make sure it makes sense with the beats.
Can I please request an unrank? I want this changed back. The end is really awkward when the notes are on the downbeat. Listen to that... flute-sounding instrument in the background.

EDIT: Other nitpicks - In Kirby's diff. the loop type for the cannon animation isn't LoopOnce anymore... In Hard, Diddy isn't facing left? Normal... Link is walking backwards at 01:13:673. o_O I think saving in editor changed the SB... again.
Topic Starter
James2250

YoshiKart wrote:

Why is my difficulty awkward at the end? The upbeat notes aren't on the... upbeat. >_>

whymeman wrote:

Can I please request an unrank? I want this changed back. The end is really awkward when the notes are on the downbeat. Listen to that... flute-sounding instrument in the background.
you are requesting an unrank without asking me? :P
Edit: wtf is with random sb errors!!!!!!!!!------------meh no errors really affect playing they are just slightly annoying (goes back to Yoshi lecturing me about it :P )
Mafiamaster
Topic Starter
James2250
if you saw it when u were modding then........................*rage*
fine I guess it can be unranked (Yoshi and his OCD)...
WyndII
oh man.
Topic Starter
James2250
**once YoshiKart fixes his ending to how "he" wants it...I can get reranked**
YoshiKart
Kirby's sfx is destroyed as well. D:
WyndII
oh and the mp3 file is sooooooo soooft.
Jarby
Silly heart.
Topic Starter
James2250
*ready to be modded again after forever*
0_o
Normal
00:31:666 (5) - Make this a part of the next combo
01:15:898 (1), 01:20:349 (1), 01:24:800 (1) - Notes directly after spinners are a little bit challenging for the easiest difficulty, I would suggest ending these 1/1 earlier, and then adding a hitcircle where they ended before.

Hard
00:14:557 (x) - It plays better with the gap filled in imo
00:16:783 (x) - ^

Yoshi
I love this diff :)

Kirby
01:18:124 (1) [and the next spinner] I would move this forward 1/4 and either add another repeat or a hitcircle, I think an audible beat on the white tick would sound good.
01:25:217 (2,4,6,8) [and the next pattern] - The claps on the blue ticks don't sound great and actually make this part more confusing to play, since in the previous combo the claps were on the white ticks. I would revise the hitsounds in this part.

Great mapset, I'll p-bubble after these changes are addressed.

EDIT: Have a pubble :)
DeathxShinigami
Starred.
Larto
The .osb was uhhhhh bad, it had a lot of inaccuracies. The intro looks very bad if you look closely :(
I fixed that.
Also there was an awkward "beep" at the end of krool.wav.
Fixed that too.

About the two mp3s, why didn't you guys just take the long mp3? I mean, there is no difference between the long and the short one except the length, right..?

Storyboard:
Kirby:
Good

Yoshi:
Good

Hard:
Good

Normal:
00:49:748 - Can you please kill the easing for links walking animation? It just looks extremely strange. To be blunt, the sprite itself looks extremely strange... Might want to take one from the 2D Zelda games? Like these ones http://www.sonicstrike.net/~chao-civic/ ... nkRip2.gif
01:13:673 - ^

Map:
Kirby:
Good

Yoshi:
01:51:476 - Why isn't there a note here? Feels kinda... awkward.
02:11:367 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Dear lord, is this intended, that pattern sounds so bad :<
02:15:818 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - ^

Hard:
01:05:332 - This.. break.. why is it there?! It just doesn't look like it belongs here. Move it somewhere else, please. If you need to fix the storyboard to do so, I'll gladly do it.

Normal:
00:52:808 (1,2,3) - I suggest removing those circles. Not extremely important though.

Download: Grant Kirkhope - Angry Aztec (James2250).osb

Download: krool.rar because the extension wav is not allowed.rar
Topic Starter
James2250
thanks for all of the work larto
will get around to fixing all this later

**going to leave this in graveyard as it has had too many storyboard problems in general** if i ever learn how to sb I will revive it
HellDawn
8-)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.