forum

wrist pain with mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
R2DLiu
been playing for a couple months now, but now that I'm not absolutely terrible at this game anymore im getting a lot of wrist pain from all the movement.

anyone have any advice?

can tablet players also give feedback on whether tablet feels better than mouse? Less pain/ache? my wrist feels like its gonna fall off. I dont really play for long periods of time either
Story
You're prob developing carpal tunnel.And I never felt pain using a tablet before
Almost

uiblis wrote:

been playing for a couple months now, but now that I'm not absolutely terrible at this game anymore im getting a lot of wrist pain from all the movement.

anyone have any advice?

can tablet players also give feedback on whether tablet feels better than mouse? Less pain/ache? my wrist feels like its gonna fall off. I dont really play for long periods of time either
When I switched to tablet, I had extreme amounts of pain in my right hand and wrist that I would have to take a few days of osu! every now and then. What seems to help is some wrist exercises if you are wiling to try some.
Amefuri Koneko
Try lowering your sensivity, you're probably straining your wrist to much if you have high sens. And tablet brings a lot of pain, especially at the first months of playing with it.
- L A U R A -
Tablet = alot pain (especially bigger areas)
but if you're used to mouse and use it every day, you'll find the right settings, grips and mouses fast.
I have small wrists that starts hurting really fast. I use a fingertip grip, ~1750 dpi, 6/11 win speed, 1920x1080 resolution and a R.A.T. 5
Never was good at this game though, but I can work about 8:15 hours a day and never get wristpain with these settings ;)
Rio-
From My Experience, I get the Most Pain by using Higher Sensitivity... Try to lower Your Sensitivity A Little (My Setting is about 1,3x in osu, 6/11 in Win, 1280*800, and 1000 dpi) or Grip Your Mouse tightly (There's 3 Grip-Type You can choose: Palm-Grip, Claw-Grip, and Fingertip-Grip... I use Fingertip btw)... About 1-2 Days with these settings, I can't feel Any pain again playing Any Hard/Insane songs (Except the Marathon Map)...

P.S. I'm not using Tablet, so I can't compare which is better between Mouse & Tablet
- L A U R A -

satriobp wrote:

From My Experience, I get the Most Pain by using Higher Sensitivity... Try to lower Your Sensitivity A Little (My Setting is about 1,3x in osu, 6/11 in Win, 1280*800, and 1000 dpi) or Grip Your Mouse tightly (There's 3 Grip-Type You can choose: Palm-Grip, Claw-Grip, and Fingertip-Grip... I use Fingertip btw)... About 1-2 Days with these settings, I can't feel Any pain again playing Any Hard/Insane songs (Except the Marathon Map)...

P.S. I'm not using Tablet, so I can't compare which is better between Mouse & Tablet
Why do you use osu! mouse speed?
It would make more sense to have 1.0x because your use to this speed.
imo :o
RaneFire

- L A U R A - wrote:

satriobp wrote:

Why do you use osu! mouse speed?
It would make more sense to have 1.0x because your use to this speed.
imo :o
In order of best to worst:
1) Change your osu! screen resolution.
2) Change your mouse DPI away from the native setting you are using.
3) Change windows pointer speed to values other than 6/11.
4) Change osu! sensitivity to values other than 1.0x.

Basically you should really just be doing 2 and try not to touch 3 or 4 if you can avoid it.
Rio-

RaneFire wrote:

Basically you should really just be doing 2 and try not to touch 3 or 4 if you can avoid it.
Actually, yeah I know 1.0x is the best, but my Mousepad Area is about 10 centimeters square... My Mouse always slipped when using 1.0x :(
Rio-

RaneFire wrote:

Actually, yeah I know 1.0x is the best, but my Mousepad Area is about 10 centimeters square... My Mouse always slipped when using 1.0x :(

*edit : Sorry about the doubled-post, the connection stopped when I replied :(
PLAYER WITH RSI
I play osu with 1.0x sens, 4/11 windows sens, 400dpi, on 1440x900 windowed mode. My wrist rarely hurts because my whole arm is relaxed and I tend to do wrist exercises, by masturbating on a daily schedule.
- L A U R A -

GlennCampbell wrote:

I play osu with 1.0x sens, 4/11 windows sens, 400dpi, on 1440x900 windowed mode. My wrist rarely hurts because my whole arm is relaxed and I tend to do wrist exercises, by masturbating on a daily schedule.
Omg I forgot to list masturbating
LOL