forum

Smartphones?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Airphones
I'm thinking of buying a new smartphone since my old one is 2 years old and can't even youtube anymore.
I only have 300 to maybe 400 dollars?
suggestions? :?

Currently thinking about the Sony Xperia L, looks good 8-)

JAKACHAN
I got the new Galaxy and love it. Haven't had a single problem with it and it's pretty rugged.

Dropped it from 30+ feet the other day when I flipped upside down while rock climbing and it came out without a single scratch.
D33d
I heard that the Xperias aren't the most ergonomic phones, but are otherwise very solid choices. I'd also consider HTC's offerings, assuming that they're in your price range.

I'd recommend a Galaxy, but TouchWiz.
kernymi

D33d wrote:

I heard that the Xperias aren't the most ergonomic phones, but are otherwise very solid choices. I'd also consider HTC's offerings, assuming that they're in your price range.

There is a way to root a Galaxy to not use TouchWiz.
Oh and yes, CyanogenMod.
ErikKazuya
Get a good phone and download osu!/taiko! on your phone >w<
I have a xperia mini the old version thought of getting a new one more likely a bigger one xP
Ekaru
Hi! I'm Ekaru and I use an old brick. Being able to chuck your phone at the wall and have it live is fun!
UnderminE
i will buy Lumia in a month
Kaona
iPhone 5c all the way yo.

No just kidding. In all honesty though, I'd recommend the Sony Xperia Z - looks like a really good smartphone for a really decent price. I was going to get that phone if my Dad hadn't pre-ordered the iPhone 5c for me.
Flanster

Ekaru wrote:

Hi! I'm Ekaru and I use an old brick. Being able to chuck your phone at the wall and have it live is fun!
you will kill us all.
Anyways in a few days ill be getting the Xperia Tapioca (tipo), my phone is 6 years old!

Seeing as you have 300-400 dollars, you have a pretty wide choice.

You can check this site out and compare price ranges/specifications to choose the perfect one for you!
http://www.gsmarena.com/makers.php3
Erotc
You could get the new iPhone, believe the cheaper one out of the two is $100.00 from what i heard. If not get an Android.. lol
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Topic Starter
Airphones
I did some more research and found out that the Google Nexus 4 dropped to $200 and has better specs than a lot of the other phones around that price, what do you guys think?
uzzi

Airphones wrote:

I did some more research and found out that the Google Nexus 4 dropped to $200 and has better specs than a lot of the other phones around that price, what do you guys think?
Definitely recommend this phone. Great for its price.
D33d

kernymi wrote:

D33d wrote:

There is a way to root a Galaxy to not use TouchWiz.
Oh and yes, CyanogenMod.
Obviously, but that's a faff and fixing a phone just to make it usable doesn't sit right with me. I learned that from HTC circa 2009-2012.
Caionix1313
Eh, although I don't have a smartphone myself, if you're still looking I hear the galaxy S3 is pretty good and since the S4 came out, I heard the S3 got cheaper in most places. Although, the Nexus 4 also has a great reputation right now.
Tsukimi Luna
If i could choose.....

Samsung Galaxy Note II/III = best
DX5536
I have Pantech Sky Vega IM-A850K dat name xD. Something not from big brand but still awesome :D
Destiny
I have a Galaxy S3 and love it, I'd recommend an S3/S4 or a Nexus 4.
Topic Starter
Airphones
Nexus 4 is sold out

my life is bad

Now I'm thinking of buying the Sony Xperia SP, since it's around the same price but has better stuff than Xperia L
MMzz
iPhone? Get a 4S, they run for really cheap these days and are better than a 5. Plus they have better specs than the 5c even, obviously the best iphone.

inb4 haters.
Topic Starter
Airphones

MMzz wrote:

iPhone? Get a 4S, they run for really cheap these days and are better than a 5. Plus they have better specs than the 5c even, obviously the best iphone.

inb4 haters.
but the iPhone 4s cost around the same as Sony Xperia SP
and

Xperia SP has better stuff tho :o
GeeNX
I'm okay with my xperia arc s, I don't need more
awp
you know what the iphone should have

a usb (mini/micro) port. Like every other device created in the last decade
Zerostarry
I use a Samsung Galaxy Note II.

It changed my life, but I upgraded from a blackberry.
- Hourai -
I use Iphone 4S and i love it.
Flanster
You should look for a phone that completely suits your needs and makes you say "This is just for me!"

Going all expensive and buying some Galaxy phones isn't always the answer :P
Topic Starter
Airphones

LoliFlan wrote:

You should look for a phone that completely suits your needs and makes you say "This is just for me!"

Going all expensive and buying some Galaxy phones isn't always the answer :P
woah
dis realization
Why did I not see this earlier :?
im dum
Tsukimi Luna
I would want docomo phones
But they never support sim cards

Fakkkk!
- Hourai -

Yuu-Chii wrote:

I would want docomo phones
But they never support sim cards

Fakkkk!
:/
laport
iPhone because why get a bad copy, and the battery is actually good, take for instance my old iPhone 4 still works for a couple days after a full charge while friends of mine using less than a year old android phones from Samsung and HTC have to plug it in constantly each day and they can't even make it through 18 hours.

and there is no iFruit app on other phones