forum

Smartphones?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Airphones
I'm thinking of buying a new smartphone since my old one is 2 years old and can't even youtube anymore.
I only have 300 to maybe 400 dollars?
suggestions? :?

Currently thinking about the Sony Xperia L, looks good 8-)

JAKACHAN
I got the new Galaxy and love it. Haven't had a single problem with it and it's pretty rugged.

Dropped it from 30+ feet the other day when I flipped upside down while rock climbing and it came out without a single scratch.
D33d
I heard that the Xperias aren't the most ergonomic phones, but are otherwise very solid choices. I'd also consider HTC's offerings, assuming that they're in your price range.

I'd recommend a Galaxy, but TouchWiz.
kernymi

D33d wrote:

I heard that the Xperias aren't the most ergonomic phones, but are otherwise very solid choices. I'd also consider HTC's offerings, assuming that they're in your price range.

There is a way to root a Galaxy to not use TouchWiz.
Oh and yes, CyanogenMod.
ErikKazuya
Get a good phone and download osu!/taiko! on your phone >w<
I have a xperia mini the old version thought of getting a new one more likely a bigger one xP
Ekaru
Hi! I'm Ekaru and I use an old brick. Being able to chuck your phone at the wall and have it live is fun!
UnderminE
i will buy Lumia in a month
Kaona
iPhone 5c all the way yo.

No just kidding. In all honesty though, I'd recommend the Sony Xperia Z - looks like a really good smartphone for a really decent price. I was going to get that phone if my Dad hadn't pre-ordered the iPhone 5c for me.
Flanster

Ekaru wrote:

Hi! I'm Ekaru and I use an old brick. Being able to chuck your phone at the wall and have it live is fun!
you will kill us all.
Anyways in a few days ill be getting the Xperia Tapioca (tipo), my phone is 6 years old!

Seeing as you have 300-400 dollars, you have a pretty wide choice.

You can check this site out and compare price ranges/specifications to choose the perfect one for you!
http://www.gsmarena.com/makers.php3
Erotc
You could get the new iPhone, believe the cheaper one out of the two is $100.00 from what i heard. If not get an Android.. lol
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Topic Starter
Airphones
I did some more research and found out that the Google Nexus 4 dropped to $200 and has better specs than a lot of the other phones around that price, what do you guys think?
uzzi

Airphones wrote:

I did some more research and found out that the Google Nexus 4 dropped to $200 and has better specs than a lot of the other phones around that price, what do you guys think?
Definitely recommend this phone. Great for its price.
D33d

kernymi wrote:

D33d wrote:

There is a way to root a Galaxy to not use TouchWiz.
Oh and yes, CyanogenMod.
Obviously, but that's a faff and fixing a phone just to make it usable doesn't sit right with me. I learned that from HTC circa 2009-2012.
Caionix1313
Eh, although I don't have a smartphone myself, if you're still looking I hear the galaxy S3 is pretty good and since the S4 came out, I heard the S3 got cheaper in most places. Although, the Nexus 4 also has a great reputation right now.
Tsukimi Luna
If i could choose.....

Samsung Galaxy Note II/III = best
DX5536
I have Pantech Sky Vega IM-A850K dat name xD. Something not from big brand but still awesome :D
Destiny
I have a Galaxy S3 and love it, I'd recommend an S3/S4 or a Nexus 4.
Topic Starter
Airphones
Nexus 4 is sold out

my life is bad

Now I'm thinking of buying the Sony Xperia SP, since it's around the same price but has better stuff than Xperia L
MMzz
iPhone? Get a 4S, they run for really cheap these days and are better than a 5. Plus they have better specs than the 5c even, obviously the best iphone.

inb4 haters.
show more