forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Editor Background Dim Affects Editor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Avena
Problem Details
For some reason the editor works just like the play mode all of the sudden, it dims the background totally except for breaks, just like regular play, I know this is pretty minor but it's really odd how it works at the moment (especially considering I am OCD and it's really freaking me out)

Video or screenshot showing the problem
100% Dim while there isn't a break
70% Dim while breaks

osu! version
20130915.4 (latest)
puncia
I personally prefer how it is now.
Marcin
t/155047
Related?
JhowM
I'm having editor background dimmed regardless of the dim setting
dkun
Just made a thread that I marked duplicate. Here's my post that explains it a little bit better.

As stated in the subject line, the background dim setting that was implemented recently also dims the editor's version of the background. Is this intended behavior?

Restoring the setting to 0% still leaves the effect until client restart. (this goes vice versa, you need to restart for the bug to take place)

osu! version: 20130915.3test

edited the thread title to be a little bit more clear and confirming this issue
Nathanael
I don't think this is intended since it also affects the design (tab?) where you can't see the storyboard.. <.<

peppy
I laugh at people who set dim to default at 100% who are also storyboard designers. Explain that one to me.
Nathanael
It was on purpose?
*stares at SB designers* <.<
Luvdic

Marcin wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/155047
Related?
Most probably... just different way to see things, I guess the original poster of this thread sees this as a bug, while I see that this was intended by peppy.

Anyways, its not only background dim, the default skin selection also affects it in editor mode, and why it's bad? Thats because we are supposed to map for everyone, and there are people that doesnt disable these settings while playing, and while I edit a map Id like to make the map's bg and combo colours go along well just for those people, although I myself will admit that I disable them...

And anyways, these settings are supposed to only affect the map for gameplay (right?)... so in the end it could be considered as bug?
peppy
Fixed in next release.
Zerer_old
Personally I don't consider this a bug, it's actually rather convenient for me because I get to see the notes better with a black bg, honestly if mappers don't like the option they can just set their dim back to 0% while mapping, it's not that much trouble to do. Imho it'd be best to have an option to sync playing dim with editor dim, so that mappers who prefer to map without a background can do so as well.