forum

[resolved] osu! doesn't want to connect

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chema
Hi there, since a few weeks I can't log-in the game. When I try to login, it says: "Looking for the nearest server" - then it says "Failed connection. Trying to reconnect". This might be the same trouble which this person has: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/153639

Here are 2 pictures from my menu which shows the issue.

PS: I tried to download this link a few days later (https://osu.ppy.sh/release/osume.exe) and I could run osu!me at the same time as osu!. On osu!me I can log-in, but I don't own any song in there, so I can't play. I haven't tried to download songs to see if I can play them. The last time I have played without this trouble, it was on 20th August 2013.

But, the main issue is that I can't log-in in the normal game. It's not an Internet problem because recently I bought a laptop and osu! worked on it. I don't know how to fix this, and this is why I'm posting here. Also, my English isn't perfect, so, if you haven't understood something, please let me know. Thanks for reading.
osume.exe is pretty much just an updater, so I'm not sure what u really mean... (• •?)
The program did make some updates recently, so maybe you just need to run osume.exe once and try again.
Marcin
Uh, osume.exe is file which is in YOUR OSU! INSTALLATION folder. Just go to the folder of osu! on which you can't play, and find that file and run.
Topic Starter
Chema

Marcin wrote:

Uh, osume.exe is file which is in YOUR OSU! INSTALLATION folder. Just go to the folder of osu! on which you can't play, and find that file and run.
wow. It works o_o I will use this to log-in :) ty~ - Although I'd like to know a way to run it w/o osu!me, I mean, by running it normally. I haven't found a solution to this by now. Thanks for your posts.
Marcin
Well, you can move "Songs" folder from your osu! installation, to the folder in which you have downloaded osume.exe and it works, so you'll have songs on that second copy.
Topic Starter
Chema

Marcin wrote:

Well, you can move "Songs" folder from your osu! installation, to the folder in which you have downloaded osume.exe and it works, so you'll have songs on that second copy.
I have edited my message after you posted this. I hope you can read this asap :?
Marcin
Well after using osume.exe ONCE, you should be able to use osu!.exe normally without having to use osume.exe
Topic Starter
Chema

Marcin wrote:

Well after using osume.exe ONCE, you should be able to use osu!.exe normally without having to use osume.exe
Yep, it's fixed :) thank you for your help! you can close this thread now.
Next time when you can't connect to bancho, or the game lags when selecting songs, quitting the game and then running osume.exe to check for possible update would always help.

What osume.exe really does is that it checks for updates and downloads them, after that it will redirect to osu!.exe. So when the game is running, it means that you can normally run the game until next update appears.