forum

HISOST - ...ing 1.5

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FFFanatic
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, 3 December 2014 at 4:25:04 PM

Artist: HISOST
Title: ...ing 1.5
Source: PopStage
Tags: ain053 mm201 aoitenshi metalmario201
BPM: 130
Filesize: 4786kb
Play Time: 02:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. Aoi's Insane (3.23 stars, 240 notes)
  2. Hard (2.45 stars, 260 notes)
  3. Insane (3.09 stars, 320 notes)
  4. Lunatic (3.62 stars, 468 notes)
  5. mm201's Hard (2.76 stars, 211 notes)
  6. Normal (1.59 stars, 137 notes)
Download: HISOST - ...ing 1.5
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Alright...it has been a while...a long while...

Here's another Beatmap from me...

To BAT's/QAT's: Genre - Video Game (Korean)

Credits (Difficulty):
Ain053 - Aoi's Insane
mm201 - MetalMario's Hard

Edit 1 - Fixed BPM (129.998 to 130)
Edit 2 - Implemented most of CheeseWarlock's suggestions. Still don't know about messiness though...
Edit 3 - Implemented james039's suggestions. (minus break on Easy)
Edit 4 - Implemented Gens' suggestions. (Regulated hitsound volumes)
Edit 5 - Implemented some of yeahyeahyeahhh's suggestions (Reduced some combos, some spacing changes). Several other combo and spacing changes.
Edit 6 - Implemented DaRRi_MIx's suggestions. (Modified difficulty levels, circle sizes modified)
Edit 7 - Added some Kiai Time.
Edit 8 - Implemented DaRRi_MIx's suggestion (2).
Edit 9 - Added Aoitenshi's Aoi Kiai difficulty.
Edit 10 - Updated Aoitenshi's Aoi Kiai difficulty.
Edit 11 - Updated Aoitenshi's Aoi Kiai difficulty (2).
Edit 12 - Implemented Starrodkirby86's suggestions.
Edit 13 - Minor changes to Hard.
Edit 14 - Implemented some of Yes' suggestions. Completely removed Easy difficulty.
Edit 15 - Implemented buraimaster1234's suggestions (as well as those online). (P.S. Thanks a lot for taking a lot your time to clarify with me! ^^)
Edit 16 - Minor changes to Insane.
Edit 17 - Added Lunatic difficulty.
Edit 18 - Added MetalMario201's MetalMario's Gekiretsu difficulty. Timing changed to 714 (according to MetalMario201's suggestion).
Edit 19 - Updated Aoitenshi's Aoi Kiai difficulty (3).
Edit 20 - Updated Aoitenshi's Aoi Kiai difficulty (4). Bubble request.
Edit 21 - Trying to spread the difficulty out. Still awaiting the bubble...(Removed some notes and reduced Overall Difficulty on Hard. Reduced Overall Difficulty on Insane)
Edit 22 - Revived and going for bubble once more...
Edit 23 - Revived again, updated Lunatic, going back to WIP to fix some things
Edit 24 - Updated Lunatic
Edit 25 - Updated, fixed and rebalanced all difficulties. Moving back to Pending.
Edit 26 - Edited tags, factoring guest username changes
Edit 27 - Implemented lkx_Shore's modding (trivial ones for now)
Edit 28 - Slight across-the-board edits. Apparently, the chorus is less of a 2x repeat than I thought...
Edit 29 - Updated MetalMario's Hard
Edit 30 - Minor Aoi's Insane updates
Edit 31 - BG update
Edit 32 - Updated Insane
Edit 33 - Updated Aoi's Insane
Edit 34 - Minor update to Lunatic
Edit 35 - Kodora's Modding (15%)
Edit 36 - Updated mm201's Hard
v2b
you are the best ;)
CheeseWarlock
FFFanatic is back?!

I'm getting this in before the rabid Cross Time fans come out of hiding.

[Easy]
Some of the spacing near the beginning looked a bit strange at first, but it seems fine to me now.

[General/Multiple]
00:30:24 (1) - I think the spinners should end here.
On Hard and Insane, the small circle size makes some parts look messy. You could turn grid snap off and respace some things to make them look nicer.

[Insane]
01:18:24 - The diagonal spacing here just seems really awkward to me.
The combos here are kind of long; it makes it a bit more challenging, but I think the few that go higher than 16 seem strange.

Everything else looks fine. You've still got the same mapping talent, even after being away for so long. :D
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

CheeseWarlock wrote:

FFFanatic is back?!

I'm getting this in before the rabid Cross Time fans come out of hiding.

[Easy]
Some of the spacing near the beginning looked a bit strange at first, but it seems fine to me now.

[General/Multiple]
00:30:24 (1) - I think the spinners should end here.
On Hard and Insane, the small circle size makes some parts look messy. You could turn grid snap off and respace some things to make them look nicer.

[Insane]
01:18:24 - The diagonal spacing here just seems really awkward to me.
The combos here are kind of long; it makes it a bit more challenging, but I think the few that go higher than 16 seem strange.

Everything else looks fine. You've still got the same mapping talent, even after being away for so long. :D
Thanks for the input! Implementing your changes now...
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

v2b wrote:

you are the best ;)
Maybe it's a little late, but I appreciate your compliment (and the same to some of you on chat). However, if you can (and to everyone), although not a must (only when necessary), I hope I can also receive some constructive feedback where needed. Even the best, statistically or perceived, will always have room for improvement, at least for me that is. ^_^ (But like many people know, one can't appeal to everyone, so I can only take certain comments into consideration though...)
DaRRi
hi i'm your fan
this map is cool
i really wish that you could map more o2jam songs!
liek CAN YOU FEEL!!, VISUAL DREAM!!, V3 and DEATH MOON!
it'll will be great if you can map some (or ALL!!) of them!!!
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DeathxShinigami
Starred for great justice.
Topic Starter
FFFanatic
Thanks for the comments everyone! :)

DaRRi MIx wrote:

hi i'm your fan
this map is cool
Well...sadly...maybe not soon. I did map quite a number of O2Jam songs, but I don't really specialize though (by the way, if I got it right, PopStage is like a spiritual successor to O2Jam (go and find this song on YouTube)). It's just that I tend to map songs that I liked to listen to at that point in time...But who knows?

james039 wrote:

Hi there, I am a fanatic of your work FFFanatic, and pleased to see you've still got it with this latest map.

Now this is really well done! It has excellent flow, just noticed a little oddity with easy and normal.

[Easy and Normal]
01:36:01 (4) - After this seems kind of empty, maybe you could put a break, or another little pattern? maybe put a break for [Easy] and some more clicking for [Normal].

That's it. I really enjoyed clicking around on Insane. It fits the music very well.

Welcome back to osu! FFFanatic!
Thanks! Noted your changes. However, I still left out the break on Easy because the gap is still too short for a proper break.
Gens
Haha, it's interesting to see new FFFanatic maps.

[All Difficulties]
  1. Regulate hitvolume on every difficulty? Insane's hitvolume is pretty low, I can barely hear something.
  2. Funky spacing... Well, I guess this is another FFFanatic map. :)
[Timing]
  1. Negative offset? I'd use 702... It's practically the same anyway, so it doesn't matters. You can change it if you want, but... Negative offsets freak me out :(
~ ~ ~

Hmm, I only went through Insane and Easy, and they seem pretty good. (Yes I'm lazy)
So, here's another star. Sorry this took so long, I was... distracted.
Also, welcome back to osu!, FFFanatic~
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

Gens wrote:

Haha, it's interesting to see new FFFanatic maps.

[All Difficulties]
  1. Regulate hitvolume on every difficulty? Insane's hitvolume is pretty low, I can barely hear something.
  2. Funky spacing... Well, I guess this is another FFFanatic map. :)
[Timing]
  1. Negative offset? I'd use 702... It's practically the same anyway, so it doesn't matters. You can change it if you want, but... Negative offsets freak me out :(
~ ~ ~

Hmm, I only went through Insane and Easy, and they seem pretty good. (Yes I'm lazy)
So, here's another star. Sorry this took so long, I was... distracted.
Also, welcome back to osu!, FFFanatic~
Thanks again, and thanks! :)

Hmm...I won't change the offset, but I regulated the hitsound volumes. I was thinking of having lower volumes at higher difficulties to add challenge, but if it has no effect, or it's unnecessary, then...
Aoitenshi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Helllllloooooo!

Insane:
00:28:39 (10) - New combo?
00:57:93 (11) - ^
01:07:16 (9) - ^
01:14:54 (9) - ^
01:18:24 (1) - Spacing is kinda off, move a bit closer to 7

Hard:
Fine 8)

Normal:
Fine xD

Easy:
easy ;)

Overall: good map, and nothing technically wrong I can depict from it. The only suggestion I can make is on Insane, some of the combos go pretty high (14-17). Maybe cut some of these down?
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

Aoitenshi wrote:

OMG Fanatic created a new map? I really love your maps you know. Starred! It's a nice song!
Thanks!

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Helllllloooooo!

Insane:
00:28:39 (10) - New combo?
00:57:93 (11) - ^
01:07:16 (9) - ^
01:14:54 (9) - ^
01:18:24 (1) - Spacing is kinda off, move a bit closer to 7

Hard:
Fine 8)

Normal:
Fine xD

Easy:
easy ;)

Overall: good map, and nothing technically wrong I can depict from it. The only suggestion I can make is on Insane, some of the combos go pretty high (14-17). Maybe cut some of these down?
Okay. We discussed about those high combos, right? But anyway, I noted and reduced some of the combos, and took some spacing issues into account. Thanks for the mod exchange by the way!
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

DaRRi MIx wrote:

hi i'm your fan
this map is cool
(Post awarded Kudosu for suggestions over chat)
Aoitenshi
Can I create a diff for this map? Of course, if you allow me.
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

Aoitenshi wrote:

Can I create a diff for this map? Of course, if you allow me.
Hmm...Alright. Just send an attachment when you're done. If the quality's good and...how to put it...standardized, I'll add your difficulty in.

(I need more input guys (especially BAT's)! Otherwise, please consider bubbling it...)
DaRRi
machol30
FFF is back with a new map? /me gets excited. (lol I am such a fan xD )

Hmm... after playing through Hard/ Insane, it looks like it's going to need a bit of work on. And when I say that, I really mean cleaning up. I can probably assist with that (it's what I specialize in).

Easy/Normal:
I haven't played yet, so I won't have any opinions.

Hard:
00:24:93 (6,7) - delete these. copy+paste from 00:21:24 (6,7) - , and then rotate by... clockwise 50-degrees. Make a horizonal+vertical flip, and put it in 6,7's original posistion. The end of the new 7 should be about 1grid above 3.
01:18:24 (1) - until 01:32:78 (10) - I think it's a bit too focus in the center of the play area, and could be more moved and more focused in several other places, not just center. I don't know, just a suggestion.
Also, I see a lot of ugly sliders here and there, and other things which I am afraid to mention because of the huge walls of text that would be about to come. I could try and fix these for you, which I think I'd rather do (unless you'd actually prefer to do it yourself lol).

Insane:
Same as Hard.

Also, star'd. ;)
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

buraimaster1234 wrote:

FFF is back with a new map? /me gets excited. (lol I am such a fan xD )

Hmm... after playing through Hard/ Insane, it looks like it's going to need a bit of work on. And when I say that, I really mean cleaning up. I can probably assist with that (it's what I specialize in).

Easy/Normal:
I haven't played yet, so I won't have any opinions.

Hard:
00:24:93 (6,7) - delete these. copy+paste from 00:21:24 (6,7) - , and then rotate by... clockwise 50-degrees. Make a horizonal+vertical flip, and put it in 6,7's original posistion. The end of the new 7 should be about 1grid above 3.
01:18:24 (1) - until 01:32:78 (10) - I think it's a bit too focus in the center of the play area, and could be more moved and more focused in several other places, not just center. I don't know, just a suggestion.
Also, I see a lot of ugly sliders here and there, and other things which I am afraid to mention because of the huge walls of text that would be about to come. I could try and fix these for you, which I think I'd rather do (unless you'd actually prefer to do it yourself lol).

Insane:
Same as Hard.

Also, star'd. ;)
Hmm...I think it's best that you find me on osu! and elaborate on the sliders.

00:24:93 (6,7) - I don't quite understand what you mean, and I think it's better that you step in, and send me an attachment for that.

01:18:24 (1) - until 01:32:78 (10) - I think it's better to wait for more opinions before I decide to do a mass makeover for that section. (By the way, I did some spacing out for that section (Credits to DaRRi MIx))
DaRRi

buraimaster1234 wrote:

Hard:
i think that part is cool and creative
Aoitenshi
here, My diff!

Easy and normal: (The most worse is normal)
There's no preblem about it, the problem is the circle putting, You don't have to erase some beat, just add them. but with shorter distance snap! It will be REALLY better (well, for me)!

Easy:
1:36:72 Place Breaks here or add some catchy beat!

Hard and insane:
Place A timing at 1:36:932, The option of timings is Soft audio,
1:36:932 - 1:39:817 : Place all of them finish, sounds very great to me!

Download: HISOST - ...ing 1.5 (FFFanatic) [Aoi Kiai].osu
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

Aoitenshi wrote:

here, My diff!

Easy and normal: (The most worse is normal)
There's no preblem about it, the problem is the circle putting, You don't have to erase some beat, just add them. but with shorter distance snap! It will be REALLY better (well, for me)!

Easy:
1:36:72 Place Breaks here or add some catchy beat!

Hard and insane:
Place A timing at 1:36:932, The option of timings is Soft audio,
1:36:932 - 1:39:817 : Place all of them finish, sounds very great to me!
Thanks for your submission and suggestions! I don't have much time to review my difficulties, so I'll note them down for now and continue next week. For your difficulty...

00:48:702 (1,2,3,4,5) and 00:55:856 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - These parts sound really messed up to me. I think it's supposed to relate to the instruments, right? If that's the case, try and listen carefully to these parts again, and make the adjustments. However, I'm not saying that the notes should match those in the music beat for beat, but these should at least follow some rhythm that goes well with the instruments.
DaRRi
Aoi Kiai
personally i don't like the rhythms you created here, they don't fit.
things like
00:36:47 (2,3) -
00:43:85 (2,3) -
00:48:70 (1,2,3,4) -
00:55:85 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
01:33:00 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6) -
01:40:39 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6) -
are nothing related with the music itself, wish you could remap these part
Aoitenshi
Fixed! and here's the file!

Furawa
:) star~
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

Aoitenshi wrote:

Fixed! and here's the file!
Updated! But...why didn't you look into my suggestion...? :(
Aoitenshi
errr... I'll try to fix this
Aoitenshi
ouch, I forgot to save the file i created, here you go. the fixed one.

Starrodkirby86
x3

[Normal]:
00:56:31 (3) - Extend by one repeat? I know it'll kinda be off course there though...but it sounds quite empty as is. :S
01:08:54 (3) - Spacing seems to be quite too close...Extend or make it stacked?
01:15:93 (3) - Same as above.

[Aoi Kiai]:
00:38:77 (7) - Hidden repeat sign. :< Try and fix this or get some SB that hints at a repeat sign.

I know it's in the difficulty name...but Aoi Kiai seems to have quite a lot of Kiai...I'm not sure what to do here. I would suggest lowering it, but that might ruin the fun of "Aoi Kiai" in itself. Note that there is a Kiai guideline now:
Do not overuse kiai time (general rule is one toggle per minute of playable length). Do not use kiai time just for fountains unless you are doing this extremely rarely. Kiai time is meant to accent chorus sections. You can toggle it off and on halfway through the chorus if that looks good, but using it constantly every 4-8 beats is just stupid.
Other than that, excellent map set. 0.0
James
and then rotate by... clockwise 50-degrees. Make a horizonal+vertical flip, and put it in 6,7's original posistion. The end of the new 7 should be about 1grid above 3.
wth post :)
Topic Starter
FFFanatic
Cheery
i like this :)
Yes_old
hard
01:31:39 (5) - new combo?
02:23:89 (1) - i know this is supposed to be like at 02:20:20 (1) but there's no same background noise here so i would just move it to 02:24:00 (same suggestion goes for all difficulties that you do this in)

easy - i didn't really like this mode much because it didn't feel coherent. if it were me i would put in some white-tick notes to fill in some of the gaps but maybe its just me :/
00:52:39 - add note?
00:52:85 - ^
00:57:93 (1) - too close to 3

insane- this looks really similar to [hard] in a bunch of sections X:
00:54:24 (1) - placement of this looks weird to me
01:31:39 (9) - new combo?
01:33:24 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - considering that you have a bunch of really long combos the rest of the song, i dont understand why you spam new combos in this part ):

normal
00:52:85 (x) - note?
00:59:08 (x) - ^
00:59:31 (x) - ^

star for you ^O^
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

Yes wrote:

hard
01:31:39 (5) - new combo?
02:23:89 (1) - i know this is supposed to be like at 02:20:20 (1) but there's no same background noise here so i would just move it to 02:24:00 (same suggestion goes for all difficulties that you do this in)

easy - i didn't really like this mode much because it didn't feel coherent. if it were me i would put in some white-tick notes to fill in some of the gaps but maybe its just me :/
00:52:39 - add note?
00:52:85 - ^
00:57:93 (1) - too close to 3

00:54:24 (1) - placement of this looks weird to me
01:33:24 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - considering that you have a bunch of really long combos the rest of the song, i dont understand why you spam new combos in this part ):

normal
00:52:85 (x) - note?

star for you ^O^
Thanks for your input! I implemented most of your suggestions, but regarding the rest...

hard

It's not following the background music that you're referring to. There is another instrument in there that follows the same pattern (the one that sounds 8-bit-ish) as 02:20:20 (1).

It's my intention to make it a little similar to Hard, so...anyway...

01:31:39 (9) - I intentionally left that new combo out (and various other new comboes) to reduce recovery. In fact, I left out more, but I added back some new combos so as to not make the difficulty too overwhelming.

1:33:24 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - There's two reasons for this section: One, recovery section. Two, to confuse the player a bit, as this section is, in my opinion, a bit too easy on an Insane. In other words, I intend to make this section sort of like a make-or-break kind of thing.

normal

My intention is to make Normal as average a difficulty as possible (ie. as close to 3 stars as possible, and not too hard, not too easy), so I intentionally left certain notes out.

For Easy...well...after your reply, I think it's time I do away with that difficulty altogether. I'll add it back if BAT's start to complain that I don't have an easier difficulty.

Alright, I think that's about it. If there's any more disputes, feel free to reply back. Thanks again!

Edit: Bumped the topic...received no modding for several weeks...
Edit: (11 Oct 09) Bumped the topic again. Added Lunatic difficulty.
Aoitenshi
Why don't go and visit This?
Topic Starter
FFFanatic

Aoitenshi wrote:

Why don't go and visit This?
Most of the BAT's modding queues are locked, and I should be looking more on approval than modding...
show more