forum

Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy VI Battle Theme

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, August 17, 2009 at 4:21:04 AM

Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Title: Final Fantasy VI Battle Theme
Source: Final Fantasy VI OST
Tags: Final Fantasy VI, Battle Theme
BPM: 167.2
Filesize: 3232kb
Play Time: 01:21
Difficulties Available:
  1. ignore's Goddess (5 stars, 286 notes)
  2. Kefka (5 stars, 285 notes)
  3. Poltergeist (4.48 stars, 153 notes)
  4. Ultros (2.36 stars, 88 notes)
Download: Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy VI Battle Theme
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Final Fantasy VI Battle theme, one of my Favorites. Many thanks to Inozuma for help with the timing and to x3ns0r with some of the storyboarding.

Ultros = Easy
Polergiest = Normal
Kefka = Hard
Goddess = Insane (beatmap by ignorethis)

Rankings named after some bosses in the game.

As of July 20th, all difficulties finished awaiting your modding.

Added Lybydose's changes.
Added blissfulyoshi's changes.
Cut the mp3 file.
Added Z-Ramm's changes.
Added Lizbeth's suggestions.
Re-did a lot of the hitsounds.
Added new hitcircle.png.
Timing changes.
Added Scource and Tags.
Added Victory Fanfare, it needed to be done.
Added Game Over soundclip for when you fail. Am I milking this too hard? xD
Added Kiai timing.
Added ignorethis's difficulty.
Changed ignorethis's difficulty to Goddess and added a.. finish.
XepherX3
:lol: :lol: :lol: the first to post :lol: :lol: :lol:

checked it multiple times already for you

star

Goddess Storyboard>>> Download: Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy VI Battle Theme.zip

place the image and the osu file into the song folder(overwrite the osu file)
Lybydose
Kefka:

00:41:91 (1) - Move this to the bottom left
00:42:26 (1) - Move this to the top right
00:42:62 (1) - Move this to the bottom left
^ These three changes make the jumps more consistent
01:05:25 (3) - I don't like how this covers the slider. You could move it to the right of the 2.
01:13:67 (7) - (grid nazi) make this align better with the endpoint on 6

Poltergeist:

00:59:15 (1) - Add clap?
00:38:36 (1) - You can probably make this V look better (the right side is taller than the left)

Ultros:

00:38:36 (1) - Same thing with the V
Lower the Life Drain a bit on this difficulty (why is it higher than Poltergeist?)
Maybe lower Overall Difficulty too
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Lybydose wrote:

Kefka:

00:41:91 (1) - Move this to the bottom left
00:42:26 (1) - Move this to the top right
00:42:62 (1) - Move this to the bottom left
^ These three changes make the jumps more consistent ty
01:05:25 (3) - I don't like how this covers the slider. You could move it to the right of the 2. to the right!
01:13:67 (7) - (grid nazi) make this align better with the endpoint on 6 Grid nazis need lovin' too, fixed

Poltergeist:

00:59:15 (1) - Add clap? Clap!
00:38:36 (1) - You can probably make this V look better (the right side is taller than the left) fixed

Ultros:

00:38:36 (1) - Same thing with the V purrty!
Lower the Life Drain a bit on this difficulty (why is it higher than Poltergeist?) BECAUSE ULTROS WILL DRAIN YOUR LIFE!!! Er.. fixed.. thanks :oops:
Maybe lower Overall Difficulty too So easy I can play it with my nose now!
Xgor
The only thing that disturbs me a lot with this beatmap is 0:38:084 - 0:40:515 on all difficulties becuse the two sliders sounds wrong and it would be better if those sliders would be 1 beat long.
Also shorten the mp3 becuse you don't use everthing in it! (a BAT comlplained on my map becuse of that)
Other then that it's not bad! :)
*star*
blissfulyoshi
I am not too sure about the timing right now, so I think you should get someone to check on that.

Ultros:
00:38:36 (1) - even though the timing this slider is linked to is different that the other diffs, I still don't like where it is currently snapped to.
00:39:80 (2) - I hate how the repeat is not snapped to anything
00:56:82 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - this part feels like playing a metronome, please remap this
01:03:28 (1,2,3,4,5) - " "
get rid of the extra section at the end because you are not using it

Poltergeist:
00:38:36 (1) - what is the ending supposed to follow?

Kefka:
00:38:36 (1) - same as Poltergeist
00:49:72 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - are you purposely trying to do constant increase in spacing here? If you are, can you do it a bit move evenly, the beginning 4 have no change in spacing at all
some of the clap spams got annoying after a while to me

Good map. Star.
Real1
Cool map, this. Have a little star.
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Xgor wrote:

The only thing that disturbs me a lot with this beatmap is 0:38:084 - 0:40:515 on all difficulties becuse the two sliders sounds wrong and it would be better if those sliders would be 1 beat long. I'll see if I can come up with something else, but I'm going to keep that for now
Also shorten the mp3 becuse you don't use everthing in it! (a BAT comlplained on my map becuse of that) Will fix :)
Other then that it's not bad! :) ty!
*star*

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I am not too sure about the timing right now, so I think you should get someone to check on that. Been looking heh ^^;

Ultros:
00:38:36 (1) - even though the timing this slider is linked to is different that the other diffs, I still don't like where it is currently snapped to. going to keep for now
00:39:80 (2) - I hate how the repeat is not snapped to anything :cry:
00:56:82 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - this part feels like playing a metronome, please remap this remap a bit to match the beginning a bit
01:03:28 (1,2,3,4,5) - " "
get rid of the extra section at the end because you are not using it will do

Poltergeist:
00:38:36 (1) - what is the ending supposed to follow? Nothing, but I kind of like it that way. :/
get rid of the extra section at the end because you are not using it nod

Kefka:
00:38:36 (1) - same as Poltergeist Nothing, but I kind of like it that way. :/
00:49:72 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - are you purposely trying to do constant increase in spacing here? If you are, can you do it a bit move evenly, the beginning 4 have no change in spacing at all fixed the spacing
get rid of the extra section at the end because you are not using it nodx2
some of the clap spams got annoying after a while to me I'll try to come up with some different hitsounds, I'm not very good at it aha

Good map. Star. Thanks
Xgor
*Checks timing*
*Checks hitsounds*
I can't find any problem with those exept for that you should tune down on the claps on Kefka, BUT i found that you should change the countdown on Ultros from half speed to normal!
Also give me a kuduso on my other post please *puppy eyes*
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh
Sorry about that Xgor :(

Ultros countdown speed is now Normal.

Gave you your Kuduso for helping me with cutting the mp3 :)
Kerensa
great great great~!!! i really liked this map, even know it was hard to do kefka, the jumps in hte middle area really got to me ==

great map ~~

haisha_

***star star for you :D***
Z-Ramm
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Z-Ramm wrote:

I always loved hearing this song in-game. Great map too, have a star!

A few comments:

Ultros:
Overall this is great in terms of spacing/timing/etc., I didn't find anything weird.
There are a lot of spinners though... Most of them are fine, but I think it seems a little repetitive after a while because of the spinners. Maybe cut a couple out? Just my opinion anyway, this isn't a big issue. I may cut a few, but don't know much else I could map other than mile long sliders.

Poltergeist:
01:04:71 (1,2) - Align the endpoint of 2 with 1, I think. I think they weren't aligned due to distance spacing, but I'll move it to the endpoint of 2 for now (this too was kind of bothering me)
What I said about the previous difficulty still holds; I think there are just a couple too many spinners, and it might be good to get rid of one or two, such as the one at 00:44:04. May cut a few, chopped off the one at 00:44:04 that you suggested and beatmapped over it.

Kefka:
00:08:31 (4,1,1,1) - These jumps seem particularly evil to me. Then again, I suck at hitting big jumps in general, but this feels hard enough to be out-of-depth compared to the rest of this difficulty to me. Again, just an opinion; use your own judgment here. Maybe these would be better if they were just a little closer together, like a square shape with the same height as it already has? Hmm, they might be, I'll wait for a few more opinions for higher ranking players (if I get any) before I make this change. I'm not a very good jumper myself but I can hit them fine most of the time and I know people who also can.
00:41:20 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Same comment as above. keeping the same for previous stated reasons.
00:54:06 (2,3) - I think it would fit the song better if you got rid of these two notes entirely. I know the song well, and I really didn't expect these to be here. The triplets before it are fine, but these two sound out of place after the note at 00:53:98 (1) to me. Hmm, I agree :D Deleted 2,3 for now :)
Also, I think Xgor had a good point about the clap hitsounds - maybe you should get rid of a few on this difficulty, as there seem to be a lot in some spots. It wasn't too big of a problem though. Yeah I'm trying. I suck as hitsounds :( Looking for someone who can help me with this lol.

Overall:
I think the timing gets slightly off in parts - it sounds like the notes are being mapped slightly "late" by the time the very end of the song comes around, so maybe one or more of your timing sections has the wrong BPM? It's not by much, but it's noticeable in some parts. Agreed, still looking for someone to check it for me, make someone! :(
There are lots of nice touches in here, like the background flashes and the VI sliders. Great job making the map stand out with these. If this gets ranked, I'll be playing it :D Thanks!
Cillu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
So_hot_old
nice map, I like the storyboard, have a star
Waffen_old
Final Fantasy VI sure brings back memories.

Star~
Lizbeth
Cool map n_n

[Kefka]
00:36:93 (1) - move the spinner start point half beat later and add a note here. sounds better imo
00:55:04 (1) - ^
i dont like the claps too much, sometimes less is more n_n

[Poltergeist]
00:08:31 (1) - move the spinner start point half beat later and add a note here
00:08:31 (1) - ^
01:01:12 (1) - ^
01:06:86 (1) - ^

[Ultros]
00:47:59 (3,4) - this is hard for noobs imo, but u can just ignore me on this n_n
i think u should slow down the slider velocity on this... is to fast for the easiest diff imo

this is really good mapped
good luck
star ;)
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Lizbeth wrote:

Cool map n_n

[Kefka]
00:36:93 (1) - move the spinner start point half beat later and add a note here. sounds better imo sure :)
00:55:04 (1) - ^ sure :)
i dont like the claps too much, sometimes less is more n_n Yeah still looking for some suggestions for hitsounds, I fail :(

[Poltergeist]
00:08:31 (1) - move the spinner start point half beat later and add a note here sure :)
00:08:31 (1) - ^ sure :)
01:01:12 (1) - ^ sure :)
01:06:86 (1) - ^ sure :)

[Ultros]
00:47:59 (3,4) - this is hard for noobs imo, but u can just ignore me on this n_n Fixed it for the noobs
i think u should slow down the slider velocity on this... is to fast for the easiest diff imo I've had a couple of friends who are new to this game play this difficulty and no one had a problem with the slider speed. Going to keep for now.

this is really good mapped
good luck
star ;)
niedz
starred orz
lukewarmholiday
No problems, but I want to whine about the corner to corner jumps in Kefka.

And the fact Ultros isn't highest difficulty
mtmcl
Hm... The timing didn't cause me any problems. I'm going to say this map is fine. Well, this map is more than fine. I personally thought it was awesome. Nicely done. Wouldn't want to see anything changed.

Fragile mtmcl bubble. I suggest the next BAT double check the timing since I've never been a timing expert. I know I got mostly 300's throughout each difficulty and the timing SOUNDED fine to me.
Paulo8624
Aw, this is sooo nostalgic....

Yeah, I just have ONE thing to SUGGEST! The countdown sounds really weird TO ME, it's really your decision, but I think it would be better without countdown.

Oh, and yeah. STAR!
Inozuma
This map has become very good! :D

Star~
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh
Starrodkirby86
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Since the bubble's going to get popped anyway...*Pop*

[Kefka]:
00:44:03 (1) - Suggestion: Kefka reappears again? ;3 Already had people complain about seeing it too much, so I'm going to leave it as it is.

Please add a hitcircle.png and perhaps an approachcircle.png . This is for the people who use custom skins. It looks horrible for mine at the moment (Well, not too terrible, but yeah). :? Adding, although I'm not sure what you mean. I use custom skins and see no problem?

I'm pretty iffy about the timing itself. Multiple timing sections, for example...For example, why does the loop have a different BPM than the beginning? I don't even know why there's multiple unless it's needed. Multiple timings is needed because the offset (I believe) changes at 00:41:20 (1) when the strings sound comes in and goes out. When I mapped it with just 1 timing this part was very late x_X. I'll try to find a fix for this though, thanks :)

It might be the morning, but the timing feels a bit...'late'. I can't particularly verify around yet. <_>

Good luck. Thanks!
XepherX3

mtmcl
I don't know what has been changed since kirby's mod post, but the timing does feel a little off right at the end. Like a little late offset maybe? Or maybe slow bpm, cause that section seems fine at first? My suggestions on timing are never very good. I don't feel confident rebubbling this unless a more competent timing BAT comes along.

I'll keep an eye out. If this gets bubbled by someone with better timing skills, I'll rank it.
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

mtmcl wrote:

I don't know what has been changed since kirby's mod post, but the timing does feel a little off right at the end. Like a little late offset maybe? Or maybe slow bpm, cause that section seems fine at first? My suggestions on timing are never very good. I don't feel confident rebubbling this unless a more competent timing BAT comes along.

I'll keep an eye out. If this gets bubbled by someone with better timing skills, I'll rank it.
Other than adding the hitcircle.png, nothing has been changed lol. I'm desperately looking for someone but no luck at all D: I make sure you know when it does.
show more